Chapter 1- Stalker
1.9k 22 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I hope whoever transmigrated me here ends up in hell! If you were going to give me a new life, why did you put me in the body of this crazy bastard?"

I was yelling at the ceiling in anger, cursing out the one responsible for my sudden trip.  I knew that no response was coming my way, but it did help release the pent-up stress I had received by suddenly being placed into a such a situation.

Why was I so angry? It was because the character I had transmigrated into was insane, and only one look at his room would reveal that to you.

The walls were covered in pictures of women of various ages, all of them beautiful in their own way. The most predominant images were ones of a silver haired girl in a school uniform, and they ended up taking up a whole wall by themselves. In fact, if you looked deep into the closet, you would find a shrine directly dedicated to this single girl, filled with various questionable objects. 

The thing I found most disgusting was in fact, my new diary. The contents of it made me want to vomit, and I was this close to handing myself over to the police for questioning. 

[She was wearing a new perfume today, and only I seemed to notice.]

[She said she liked the color blue, just like me! We are practically made for each other.]

[I followed her back to her house after school, but I was disappointed when I realized that all the houses near her were already occupied.]

[I broke into her house again to take a new batch of photos, but she seemed to sense me right away! We truly are soul mates destined to be together.]

Kieran Blackmore, a villainous mob from a novel I had read, was who I had become.

I was the stalker who was obsessed with the female lead. A character that had attacked anybody interested in her like a wild dog. That was why was I was later slaughtered by the protagonist for my criminal actions. I remember wholeheartedly approving of the scene when it was released in the story but imagining myself dying in such a ruthless manner made me pale.

But I had more urgent manners to think about then my own death, and that was my room. Now that I had become Kieran, I needed to get rid of all this junk. Thier was no way I could sleep with so many creepy pictures arrayed all over my walls.

In the end, it took my 2 hours to get rid of every single alarming piece of evidence in my home. Then, I put them together and then manually burned them in my fireplace. Not a scrap of this would be left by the time I was through, no matter how thorough I needed to be.

"That should be enough! No more weird pictures clinging all over my walls, and the shrine no longer exists."

Looking at my wallpaper, which was ripped all over because of the removal, I felt proud despite the damage done. I had been working on this for over an hour after all.

Actually, now that I think about it, I was so caught up in cleaning the house that I forgot one of the most important things in this world 

[Status Window], part of the System that exists within the novel, [Martial God of the Academy]. Showing every Awakened their Stats, Talents and Abilities. Kieran was no exception to this rule, so I should have my own status screen, right?

I was probably getting my hopes up, since his stats were bound to be trash. After all, with how fast he was dealt with in the novel, he was more of an extra then an actual villain. From the story, I know that his Talent was [Follower], a talent that increased the power of his skills when following someone else. This Talent was the main reason he could stalk the heroine without getting caught.

After lowering my expectations, I activated my status window by muttering it in my own mind.

[Name: Kieran Blackmore]

[Talent: Shadowed- All abilities enhanced when following a target and synchronize with them, affinity with Darkness increased.]

[Skills: Capture (Intermediate High)- Zoom in on a distant target, 

Detection (Intermediate High)- Track down a target from a distance, 

Stealth (Intermediate High)- Targets are unable sense your position,

Perspective (Intermediate High)- See through obstacles to reach your target,

Power Strike (Low High)- Charge Mana into an attack to increase damage.

Archery Comprehension (Low High)- Increases skills with a bow and arrow.]

[Strength: F, Dexterity: E, Constitution: F, Mana: F+, Vitality: F+]

"What the hell is this?"

Looking at the neatly aligned information on the screen, I was getting a massive headache. I mean, I expected it to be bad, but this was just weird. Why did he only have one attack skill? Among my stats, only my Dexterity was average, and everything else was subpar. it seems like Kieran really invested everything into his stalking, to the point that even his status board was screwed up.

The strangest part was my Talent, which was different than what it was in the novel. Instead of [Follower] like I was expecting, the screen showed the Talent [Shadowed]. The Skill increase part reminded me of [Follower] but the rest was unknown to me. I mean, what did synchronize even mean?

The only explanation I could come up with for my new Talent was Talent Evolution, which happened only a few times in the entire novel. The whole premise of the story revolved around the concept, with the main character having his Talent [Mortal] evolve into [Immortal] after accepting the inheritance of the Heavenly Demon. I guess me possessing him was a big enough change to force his Talent to evolve.

"Actually, my status isn't as bad as I thought it would be, the distribution is just weird." 

[Shadowed] seemed like an improvement from Kieran's previous Talent, and the level of my Skills were extremely high. Of course they were only that high because of Kieran's stalking, but I can take anything at this point. Now I only need to even out my status and avoid the main characters 

"That should be easy? Now I feel like I jinxed myself."

51