Chapter 117 Prophecy
1.6k 6 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 117 Prophecy

On the run with Abigail on Wednesday morning, we went to Abigail’s summit.  The same one she ran to every day after her father died.  We breathed in the cold air as morning mist obscured everything around us.  The environment felt surreal.  Abigail said, “Caleb, I wanted to come here so you can release your guilt.  Caleb, you need to let go.  Carrie is gone.  She is going somewhere where she can become more and do good things for people.”

Abigail moved into me and hugged me reassuringly.  She must be using a new shampoo because her hair smelled like peppermint.  “Abs, it is not just Carrie.  I am worried I might hurt someone good.  Or lose people close to me like my parents.  I already lost my best friend, Rob.”

She pushed away from me and punched my shoulder mockingly, “I thought I was your best friend.”  She gave me a serious, hard stare but couldn’t hold it and laughed.  “Caleb, I will never leave you.”

“Damn it, Abs, do not say that.  I may ask you to leave one day, and I expect you to do it without question,” I said forcibly.  

She scanned my face to see if I was joking.  I shook my head, “Abs, my life is not simple.  I am going to make enemies whether I want to or not.  Powerful enemies.  If I think they will come after you and the others to get to me, I will push you away hard if it will keep you safe,” I explained.

“No.  I will not go.  I am going to become the most powerful Medicus Magicae ever.  Slow my aging down and be at your side for all eternity,” she huffed like a petulant little girl telling her older brother she was going to protect him from the bad men out there.

“You think you can keep up with me?”  I said in my best Stallone voice.

I took off into the mist down the mountain.  Abigail giggled and raced after me.  I let her keep close as we ran down a dangerous, rocky descent for most humans.  The mist was clearing, but visibility was minimal—maybe twenty feet.  I got to a flat section, opened distance into the mist, hid behind a tree, let her pass, and then raced up behind her and tackled her into a grassy area.  She squealed in surprised fright and then glee as I protected her body on the wet grass.  

When the roll finished, she was straddled atop me and removed her top quickly, followed by her shorts.  She pulled my shorts just low enough to spring me to attention.  Panting from the effort, she mounted me.  I complained, “What?  No foreplay?”

“That was the chase.  And I caught you, so now I get to have my way with you!” Abigail said with a smile.  I had thought it was the other way around, and I had caught her, but my cock was already inside her.  “Don’t forget your vortex.  I want you to get stronger.”  She said as she began rocking my length in and out of her arousal.

“How do you know it is not already there?”  I teased and locked my hands behind my head, happy to let her do the work and relax.

“I can feel it now when it is active.  It is like having water in my ear but on my aether core,” she said, increasing her effort and coming down for a kiss.  She sucked my tongue, and I gave her the saliva she was asking for.  Abigail sat up and rode me like a bull.

She closed her eyes and revealed in the heated intensity of my shaft inside her.  I added my vortex, and she whispered, “About time.”  She really could feel it.  Her tunnel rippled along my length a short moment later, and her wetness dripped down.  She spun around, not finished, and I got to watch her firm runner’s ass bounce on my shaft.  She moaned a little with each penetration, and I think this position was more pleasurable for her.  I placed my hands, firmly gripped her ass cheeks, and assisted her hips in increasing the tempo.  “Oh, that is awesome, Caleb!” She said between moans.  “Keep doing that and squeeze a little harder!”

I complied, and she came again on me in a much stronger and extended release.  The contractions on my shaft lasted almost a minute before she collapsed backward onto me.  Her sweaty body breathing deeply.  We both lay there staring up into the clearing morning sky.  “Hold me tighter.  I am getting cold,” Abigail said, and I wrapped my arms around her. 

After a few minutes of silence as our breathing synched and the melody of birds picked up, she asked, “Will we ever have children?” 

That felt like it was so out of the blue I did not know what to say.  I tried to lighten the mood, “Is Vida not enough?”   She rolled over on top of me and looked me in the eyes.

“Seriously, Caleb.  I want to know.  You said you could not have children until you become more powerful, and now you are talking about pushing me away.  Are you going to give me a child?”  She seemed so serious.  I tempered my response.

“Abigail, you are so young.  You turn eighteen in a few weeks.  Can we have this conversation another time—like in ten years?”  I said, trying to sound sympathetic. 

She did not answer, stood, and started dressing.  I did as well, thinking I had said something wrong.  When she was fully dressed, we walked in silence down back to the car.  Abigail finally said, “It was Carrie.”

I asked, “What was Carrie?”

I looked at Abigail, who bit her lip.  “She said you would have three children in your life close to you.  One who would break your heart, one who would heal your heart, and one who would be your legacy.  I am not sure if I should tell you this, but she did not say I shouldn’t.”

“Fuck, that sounds awfully cryptic,” I muttered.  I was happy to know that, at some time, I would have children in the future, but I did not like the riddle that Carrie had wrapped up my future progeny in it.  Did ‘break my heart’ mean my child would betray me?  Or maybe the child would die a horrible death to an enemy and leave me with guilt?  I wished Abigail never told me.  Now that I knew, I would be questioning which child would do what in the—prophecy.  She had given me a frigging prophecy.  Damn it, Carrie! 

I started laughing.  Abigail asked, “What is so funny?”

“I think I figured something out.  Carrie is expecting me to come to her to unravel the mystery of the children in the future.  You were supposed to tell me, Abs.  I am assuming she only told you this?”  Abigail nodded.  “She knew your loyalty to me, and you would tell me.”  My phone rang, and I pulled it out of the spandex pouch.  It was Rincewind.

I decided to be funny and answered, “What’s up, Merlin?”

Rincewind did not pause or comment on the use of a different name, “A date for the attack on the aboleth has been set.  March 15th.  The individuals I am collecting will arrive at your house on March 11th,  and we will leave for Boston on the 14th.”  His tone was heavy.  “I am still trying to find another member.  Lezerath is coming to help us prepare, and Lezerath says you are ready.  Unfortunately, she said Jade Corleonis and Artica Eirwen are not ready to confront the aboleth.  They can keep the opal necklaces and can join one of the beastkin teams if they wish to participate.  I have a lot to do in the interim.  I will see you on the eleventh.”

I wanted to ask a question, but he disconnected the call.  His voice was heavy with concern.  He could have at least given me an update on Carrie—unless he was the one who was escorting her to the ancient dragon.  That made sense.

We showered and changed at the cabin house and went to school.  The confrontation was on my mind all day, and I did not even add any books to my mind space.  Hazel got a 90% on her last algebra test, so I at least got some good news today.  She wanted to take me out to dinner to celebrate, but I declined.  Ms. Henderson came into our session, thanked me for my efforts, and asked if I wanted to tutor anyone else.  I declined, and she said Hazel’s tutoring would continue until the end of March, and then I would be given credit for an independent study in education. 

Hazel smiled after Ms. Henderson left and rested her hand on my thigh for the rest of the session.  She was trying to be innocent about it, but it crept closer and closer to my groin in the remaining time.  I was not swayed and ignored it.  Even though I could use the life essence, my mind was on the aboleth.

After school, I talked with Jade and Artica and found out Lezerath had already told them they were not going to be part of Rincewind’s team.  I told them they could contact the wolfkin to see if they would be welcomed on their teams, but they were not coming with me.  I did not want them to go at all, and we had a bit of a blow-up fight about it.  Jade ended up storming off with Frost and Anya back to her ranch.  Artica would not talk to me, saying they could make their own decisions. 

I took solace in Bedelia as we went to her room for an aether core session.  After the session, Bedelia was sprawled out next to me and explained it to me, “They want to protect you, Caleb.  As catkin, it is in their nature to protect the strongest in their clan.  They will come around—or they will challenge you for authority,” she laughed.

“They are not part of my clan,” I said, confused.

“Caleb, do not act like an idiot.  We are all part of your clan.  You are the patriarch whether you want to be or not,” Bedelia said, climbing back on top of me to milk me again.  I did not like that she had used the word patriarch.  It tied back to what Abigail had said about my three children.  I almost wanted to go into my mind space and tear open the letter Carrie left for me.  I was distracted as Bedelia rode me to her pleasure.

Thursday and Friday, things returned to a semblance of normalcy, albeit with the aboleth encounter on the horizon.  Artica forgave me Friday morning, joining me in the shower at the cabin after hockey practice.  As Bedelia had noted, she had tried to assert her dominance over me during the sex.  I got a few scratches but won the rough session of intercourse.

After school Friday afternoon, I received a call from Dexter.  I answered immediately.  “Mr. Silverhorn, the liaison from Dakkon is in Virginia to meet with you.  If you send me an address, I can have her meet you there.”  I had trouble making a decision.  If they met me in person, I assumed they wanted to make it more difficult for me to say no. 

I had already said I would listen to their offer, and Dexter told me not to make the billionaire, Duskwalker, an enemy.  The bus for the game left at six in the morning on Saturday, and we would not be back before three in the afternoon.  So it would either have to be tonight or later tomorrow.  My thoughts took seconds as Dexter patiently waited for a response, “Dexter, where is she now?”

A few seconds later, “Your appointment is currently on a private plane at the local airport.  She noted you would know which airport.”  That meant it must be the same airport we flew out of, and the liaison must be his daughter, Serina, who was leading the wolkfin team against the aboleth.

“I will meet her at the airport in two hours to hear her proposal,” I told Rincewind and then hung up.  I called Artica and told her to prepare one of the Bentleys for a short trip to the local airport for the business meeting.  I dressed in my Shockweave Armani suit at the cabin and spent a few minutes in the mirror as Appolyon Silverhorn, cleaning up my image.

Artica was also dressed in a suit, thinking this was a business meeting.  She drove me over, and we were directed to a hangar.  I stepped out to find the familiar plane with the ramp down.  I stood ready to listen and reject Serina’s offer, but as I walked toward the plane, it was not Serina waiting at the top of the ramp. 

The smiling woman was younger, in her early twenties.  She had a form-fitting white blouse highlighting her curves and a professional-looking black skirt.  My eyes took in her body quickly, thinking she lacked athletic grace.  His face was oval and extremely attractive, even under her makeup.  Her dark black hair was pulled into a ponytail, drawing me to her facial features.

The bone structure looked similar to Serina—but off enough that maybe not a sister.  A cousin or maybe a half-sister.  Her small button nose was lost, but her full lips outlined her white teeth.  The final feature was her light brown eyes, large for her face but full of life.  I would give her a solid 9.5 on the scale, definitely model quality, if she was taller.  I guessed her at maybe 5’8”.

I slipped into my mind space to get the opinions of my constructs.  Lilith was fairly certain the woman was Serina’s younger half-sister.  She could compare my memories of Serina and her father.  William Olaff Masterson lived a very private life, and although I knew he had two other daughters and one son by the same woman from paparazzi stories, I had no images of any of them.  I did not know of any other children beyond those three. 

I returned to the present and walked toward the plane and the smiling woman.  “You must be Serina’s half-sister.”  I held out my hand, “Apollyon Silverhorn, but you can call me Mr. Silverhorn.

My statement had thrown her off slightly, by her smile cracking, “You are well informed.  If you wish to come with me, we can do our business on the plane or take your vehicle to a local establishment or office.  My name is Reika Erendis.”  She shook my hand, and we led the way into the plane.  I tapped my wrist cire reader and peeked at it—0.91.  A strong upper-tier one core but nothing exceptional.

I smiled as she led me onot the plane.  The perfume she was wearing was tickling my senses.  It was similar to the perfume that Mandy had used on me in conjunction with the succubus saliva.  I was definitely not drinking anything.  There were two formally dressed attendants.  Both were attractive women in their own right.  I sat in the large swivel chair, crossed my legs, and locked my fingers on my knee with the two index fingers pointed up.  The pose was very moviesque, and I was trying to be cool.

The blonde attendant placed a drink on the table next to me, and I just remained focused on Reika, who was now looking slightly uncomfortable as she sat across from me.  I waited for her to speak, “We have compiled a very favorable contract.  All portal openings will be at your discretion over the year.  A lump sum payment of six million dollars will be made upon signing the contract.”

“What if I do not open any portals?”  I asked, which confused her.  “What if I leave the planet for over a year and I am not around to make good on the contract.”

She nodded, a little flustered, “That would be section 2.5A.  In that scenario, you would need to make Mr. Duskstalker aware you are leaving—the timer for your portal openings will pause until you return.  No funds will need to be returned.”

“What is your degree in Ms. Erendis?”  It was to throw her off balance, but it was also obvious that she was unfamiliar with the business.

“I have a degree in business finance, and I am working on a master’s degree in materials science from Cal Tech,” she said proudly. 

So she was beautiful and exceptionally intelligent.  I pretended to digest the information before replying, “And why does your father think you can be a good liaison to me?”

Her pretty oval face flushed slightly, “I asked to be part of my father’s business empire.  He offered to put me in charge of transit operations, but I had to sign you on as our gatekeeper by any means necessary.  I gave him my business plan, and I believe we can generate twenty to twenty-five million with the six transit delves you will provide.  If it is more money, we can negotiate.  But the upfront payment is quite generous.”  She tried to smile confidently, but it was starting to fail.

She assertively handed me the contract and a list of four portal sites for transit openings: the Bermuda Triangle, Bogota in Columbia, Easter Island in Chile, and Fairbanks in Alaska.  “These are the only four portals we would request you to open, and the scheduling is open to your availability over the next year.”  I put down the paper next to the drink I had not touched. 

“I am willing to open portals for your father,” her eyes brightened, “but I am not signing any contract.  If my availability permits, he can contact me, and we can arrange it.  I do not see the need for this,” I tapped the contract and took the drink. 

Seeing she was losing me, she almost pleaded, “My father can give you access to things you can not get on your own.  That is why I am being sent as a liaison.  To work as an intermediary for your requests,” she realized I was not biting and rubbed her neck, and blouse’s top button came undone.  She made an effort to rebutton it, clearly showing her white lace bra underneath.  Maybe before I became an incubus, something like that would have had an effect on me.

I thought about using this woman.  She clearly wanted to please her father—wanted his praise.  How far would she go to achieve this end?  She was obviously an extremely intelligent woman.  I looked at her in my aether sight.  A dark-gray wolfkin with large golden-yellow eyes.

I stood, putting down the drink, untouched.  “We can talk after the aboleth has been dealt with.”

“Aboleth?” She asked, confused.  Interestingly, this told me she was not part of her father’s inner circle.  I didn’t answer and just nodded and left the plane.  She tried to say something else, but I wanted to distance myself from her for now.  I gave her enough to bring to her father that there should be no bad blood.  I wanted to have my team do some research on her.  I drove to the cabin and told Bedelia and Artica about Reika Erendis.  They would both attack the problem. 

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Rose ran the obstacle course with ferocity.  The course was something a ninja might think nightmarish, requiring strength, speed, and endurance to avoid getting maimed or killed.  Only five of them in the class could complete it, and she was the only woman among them.  Whatever Caleb had done to increase her physical attributes paid off.  She did not tell anyone that Caleb had done this to her, and her freakish athleticism was just accepted as an anomaly.

When she had first arrived, they had tested her extensively, seeking to see if she had any aetheric modifications.  They could not find one, and she was not killed—yes, that would have been her fate if she was determined to be a witch by the Purists.  The Purists hunted those who used magic or hid among true humans.  In her months here, she had seen five people killed—no, executed.  A sixth died in training, and many more were seriously injured. 

Even though the disciples were trained from just age ten, she had been thrown into training after her physical prowess was discovered.  This meant she was going to become a tool of the Purists instead of being allowed to return to America and go to college.  If she had known this, she would not have put forth so much effort into her training.  Now, she held back what she could and was trying to bid her time. 

The brainwashing classes did not phase her, but she pretended to accept the doctrine.  She was just concerned that she would be asked to kill someone or do something terrible for the Purists to remain safe.  She had seen her parents just twice, and they told her how proud they were of her.  Even though she started late in life, she was a candidate to become an Enforcer.

The physical training was done for the day she went to the classroom.  It was more propaganda training and conditioning.  She kept her face impassive as the teacher welcomed them and had them say the prayer of the Purists.

Two new men were standing at the front of the class with her teacher and were introduced, “It is my pleasure to introduce two of your newest teachers from the Inquisition.  This is Grand Inquisitor Delgado and Archbishop Esposito.  Grand Inquisitor Delgado will be training those of you who hope to become an Enforcer and battle on the front lines of our war.  Archbishop Esposito will take over your Expeditious Retrieval of Information from Non-Human Targets class.  Rose smirked in her mind at their colorful way of describing the course on interrogation.  How much longer would she have to live in this nightmare?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

42