Chapter 2 – It’s not all bad
7.9k 7 288
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘So, can you talk like a normal person?’

 

-------------------------------------

Affirmative

-------------------------------------

 

‘Okay so, can you tell me how to improve my current situation?’

 

-------------------------------------

Letica, you are malnourished, homeless, and have a comparatively weaker constitution.

So you should try to complete some Quests first.

-------------------------------------

 

‘Yes, I know, but how should I do any tasks? I don't see any Quest page’

 

-------------------------------------

You should look for a temporary master to serve, that way, you can access and complete 'Quests', earn levels, and gain some skills.

-------------------------------------

 

‘Hum, that looks like the only way, but can I change my masters at will’

 

-------------------------------------

Yes and No, you can either choose a

‘Temporary Master’, whom you can serve for a predefined period of time. Or

‘Permanent Master’, whom you shall serve till your last breath

Even though choosing a ‘Temporary Master’ will only yield to half the ‘Exp’ for completing quests.

I’d recommend choosing your master temporarily and only choosing a ‘Permanent Master’ after careful consideration.

-------------------------------------

 

‘Makes sense’

Okay, so let’s start looking for a suitable master.

 

-------------------------------------

Also, I advise you to keep your class a secret from everyone. Or they might try to manipulate you.

-------------------------------------

 

‘Yes, I will keep that in mind’

 

As I left the dumpster, I again visited the bakery and called out to Amelia.

 

“Amelia, I got my system today”

 

“Wow, what did you get?”

 

“That’s something weird, but I don’t think it’s too bad”

 

“Really, congratulations! Finally, I won't need to smuggle you food huh, good for you”

 

“Hahaha, anyway, I am leaving and stopped by to say goodbye”

 

I bowed slightly.

 

“Thank you for everything. I won’t forget your kindness”

 

She suddenly hugged me and said

 

“Aww, you are welcome, dear. Good luck for your future, and good bye”

 

“Goodbye”

 

 

I made my way towards a lake to clean myself up and make myself as neat as possible. Then, as I made my way towards the market area, I stumbled upon a restaurant run by a wealthy lady. I made my way towards the store, but was stopped by the door as expected. I didn’t expect them to let me in, but it was worth a shot.

I hid in the alleyway beside the restaurant waiting for the owner to leave or just show herself. After what seemed to be a couple of hours, I saw her. She was leaving the restaurant as I followed her until she was a little further from the restaurant. I approached her and said,

 

“Miss, do you need a servant?”

 

She glanced at me. “No”

 

And kept walking. I matched her pace and kept trying.

 

“Miss, please reconsider. My class is ‘Servant’ and I am ‘A’ rated”

 

I half lied, but it worked. She stopped and looked at me.

 

“What is a ‘Servant’ class? I’ve never heard of it. Are you lying to me?” She scorned.

 

“Miss, I am not lying, it’s an unorthodox class, you can get me appraised. And my talent is ‘A’ grade. What do I get by lying to you, I’m just a homeless kid.”

 

“Alright, follow me to the church”

 

We reached the church, and she paid a gold coin to get me appraised. And sure enough, the class section was blank and my talent was ‘A’.

 

She held the result in her hand and stared at it in disbelief.

 

“Who’d have thought a dirty homeless kid like you would awaken with an ‘A’ grade talent. Hahahah, I’ve struck gold. No, the gold walked up to me by itself”

 

She regained her demeanor.

 

“So here is what we do. You want to be a servant due to your class. But I don’t need a servant, plus it’s kinda dangerous to keep an unknown ‘A’ grade talent by my side" She continued.

"So here’s the deal, I will introduce you to the Baron and convince him to hire you as a maid or something, and in return he’ll hopefully give me a tax reduction or something. It’s a win-win for us both” She said.

 

I thought for a moment. And this option seems more fruitful.

 

“Deal”

 

“Oh, and I am Livia, by the way”

 

“Right, I didn’t introduce myself, I am Letica”

 

I followed her. She fed me in her restaurant and bought me maid clothing. She even let me stay in her home for tonight, isn’t she afraid I might be a thief? Well whatever.

 

The next day, she led me to meet the baron, at his mansion and sure enough, he showed the same reaction upon seeing my grade. I asked out of curiosity,

“Is ‘A’ grade really such a big deal?”

 

To which Livia explained to me that ‘A’ grade talents are very rare and it’s hard to find more than 10 people with ‘A’ grade in the whole barony.

Apparently, the Baron himself is ‘B’ rated talent, while his knight being the only ‘A’ grade in the mansion.

 

I felt I was selling myself short, being an ‘S’ grade and all. Well whatever.

 

The Baron hired me as a maid and asked me if I would like to be his daughter’s maid.

 

Of all the work I imagined a slave would have to do, this seemed the best shot, so I agreed.

 

He sent me to my own room to rest for today. Can you imagine it? Till yesterday I was sleeping in the dumpster, and today I have my very own room. It seems that my initial worries were unfounded. I thanked God from the bottom of my heart.

288