Chapter 6 – Reality Check (Letica’s POV)
7.1k 17 274
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After having lunch, I was thinking about Aria and our last encounter.

Of all the people I know, Aria is just weird.

Every maid taught me how important my speech and mannerism were when dealing with nobles. How I shouldn’t put my nose in their business.

But Aria, disregarding it all, asked me to drop the surrounding mannerisms.

I’ve seen her parents, and they seem to care about such things a lot. Why is she different from them?

The way she speaks, the way she behaves, the way she teases me. Everything feels so much more natural. I feel like I get more drawn to her with every encounter we have.

Hey System, what is your opinion about asking her to be my master/mistress? Should I do it now, or am I rushing it?

 

-------------------------------------

Based on your current relationship, it might be a good idea to ask her to be your Temporary Mistress now.

-------------------------------------

 

Yes, I was thinking the same.

 

I entered her room and asked her about the whole deal.

 

Then a totally unexpected thing happened. Instead of claiming me as her slave, she rebuked me for my rash decision to trust people so easily.

Her words were very bitter. I couldn’t hold back my tears.

But I knew she wouldn’t lie to me. The maids' behavior shocked me to my core. I couldn’t believe the people whom I considered to be as close as family were saying such things behind my back for such a petty reason, jealousy.

She took me into her embrace and let me bawl my eyes out.

It was clear how stupid I had been. I should never trust people so easily.

After what felt like an eternity, I broke the hug.

I realized my mistakes and vowed to never repeat them again.

 

After a while, my mind again wandered towards Aria. She had absolutely no reason to point out my mistake. She could have easily manipulated me into her plaything. I could have ended up in a regrettable place.

But one thing became even clearer. Aria is a genuinely intelligent and caring person. I could trust her.

It frightens me to think that a kid, 2 years younger than me, taught me this lesson. Out of pure curiosity, I asked

 

“Are you really an 8 year old?”

 

She must have a condition holding back her physical appearance or something. Or so I thought…

 

Then she went on about her past life and the novel world that we live in.

At first, I thought she was pranking me again.

‘Come on, Aria, read the mood. This is not the time to play a prank.’

But then she revealed my class was Pleasure Slave.

At this point, I had no choice but to believe her. Because there is not a single soul in this world who had this information.

The sudden influx of information was too much to handle. We were living in a world which was supposed to be a fictional world in a different world, where Aria, back then known as Raechel, lived.

Oh god! What could the story’s Aria possibly have done to me, for me to go to such lengths as killing her and fleeing this paradise? I just can’t imagine that the gentle and caring Aria would abuse me.

Let’s not think about useless things. The truth is, Aria is in front of me, and I am very real. There is no need to overcomplicate things. Let’s leave the 'being characters in some sort of novel' part aside.

 

After recollecting my thoughts, Aria again asked me about the proposition.

 

After hearing Aria, I can’t help but feel that I am making the right choice. I just can’t imagine having a mistress, who is not Aria. I know what I am doing.

 

‘System, send an invitation to ‘Aria Ernius’ to be my Permanent Mistress.’

 

-------------------------------------

Letica, are you absolutely certain? After becoming a slave, you must obey each and every order your mistress issues. This choice cannot be reverted until your mistress herself wishes so.

-------------------------------------

 

‘I am as sure as I can be. If there is anyone in this world who I want to serve. It’s Aria Ernius.’

 

As I sent out the invitation, Aria happily accepted.

 

I felt a tingle in my lower abdomen. That’s probably what Amelia (AN: Bakery girl) was talking about.

 

“Hey Letica, why do I have the authority to lock your stats? Isn’t that too much authority for a Temporary Mistress?”

 

“That’s because you are not. I know you just taught me not to trust easily. But I am absolutely certain about you being my Permanent Mistress

 

“I trust your words, you’d never abuse me and treat me well”

 

Her smile widened.

 

“I don’t know whether to feel happy about it or punish you for immediately disobeying my teachings…hehehe”

 

“I Letica, your slave, greets the mistress”

 

“Alright, my dear slave. Your first order is to keep things the way they were before noon. Keep being the Letica I know”

 

“fumu… as you wish, Aria”

 

“Let’s see what abilities your ‘A’ grade talent gives you”

 

“Oh right, I forgot to tell you, but I am not ‘A’ grade, but ‘S’ grade talent”

 

She checked on her screen and was shocked as well.

 

“Damn, I didn’t even know there was a grade above ‘A’”

 

“Hehehe… praise me more”

 

I checked my system again,

 

-------------------------------------

Congratulations for choosing your Mistress, Letica!

The changes in status will commence now.

-------------------------------------

 

I opened my status,

 

=====================

Name – Letica

Level – 1(0/10 EXP)

Sex – Female

Age – 10

Class – Pleasure Slave

Talent – A (S)

HP – 10/10

MP – 10/10

-------------------------------------

Stats –

STR – 7

AGL – 9

INT – 8

DEX – 11

CHA – 14

//10 is standard for an average person

-------------------------------------

Skills –

Choose a Master

You can select the master you want to serve.

-------------------------------------

Satisfaction Points – 0

//You can earn them via satisfying your mistress.

// SP can be used to purchase items from Shop.

-------------------------------------

Quest (+)

-------------------------------------

Shop (+)

=====================

 

 

I explained the new things to Aria.

 

“Read out the Quests and Shops”

 

I checked the quests first,

-------------------------------------

Quests –

  • Fulfill your mistress’s needs:

Over the course of two weeks, your skill proficiency rate will be improved greatly. Learn as much as you can.

 

Clear Criteria:

Mistress must be satisfied by your progress.

                  

Rewards:

30 EXP, a random common item you might need.

 

Failure Penalty:

None

-------------------------------------

 

I read the quest to her.

 

“Truly befitting of ‘S’ grade. You can learn any skills you need to carry out your duties. That is so broken”

 

“I shall not disappoint you, my Liege” I over-dramatically tweeted.

 

“Well, that is that, what about the Shop”

 

I opened the shop and saw various normal everyday items, magic items, as well as some skills.

 

I noticed something while reading the screen to Aria.

 

“Apparently there is a restriction on learning skills. I can’t learn any offensive skills, only support, and lifestyle skills”

 

“Hum.. makes sense, otherwise you'd be unstoppable. Well, that’s alright, according to the novel, I’m going to awaken as a Mage with ‘C’ grade talent. There’s not much I could do on a battlefield anyway. We will stay out of trouble”

 

“Okay”

 

Afterwards, Aria went to the library to pass some time, while I decided to hone my maid skills to perfection.


 

How is it so far? Feel free to leave your feedback / mistakes.

274