Side Story – Her Destiny
5k 13 181
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘No way! No, no, no, no, no way!’

 

‘I actually died! How? That f*cking drunk driver! Ahhh! I can’t believe this. I really died’

 

I tried to cry but was physically unable to do so. I couldn’t feel any of my senses.

 

Just as I thought so, everything went white.

 

‘Why is everything white?’

 

It turned black now.

 

‘What is happening? Where am I?’

 

The black turned into sky and ground appeared below me. But I don’t see anything else, not even my body. It’s very disorienting,

 

Then I saw a huge white blob appear in front of me. I imagined going closer to it, and as I thought, I can control this space by thinking, but why am I able to think? I’m definitely dead after that accident. What is all of this?

 

I had many questions, but no one was present to answer them for me. I inspected the only thing in front of me, the huge white blob. ‘Would have been so much convenient, if I had a body’

 

And just like that, two arms, legs, and torso appeared below my vision. My skin was pure white, but that didn’t matter. I did what I wanted to do, that is to poke the huge white blob.

 

Nothing happened though. My hand passed through it, without interfering. I got even more confused, I kicked, jumped, even licked it. But nothing happened.

‘What is going on?’

 

“Have you calmed down, lost soul?” Someone spoke in a heavy voice.

 

‘Where? Who are you?’

 

“I’m the one you named ‘huge white blob’ a while ago, although in reality, I don’t have a name”

 

The white blob turned into a human form, similar to mine. And clicked his fingers.

 

“Now, you won’t be able to think while I’m done explaining. So just listen”

 

“Do you believe in Fate? If not, then you should. It was your fate that brought you here. Raechel Blue, a 16 year old high school student, suddenly died in an accident. Was it your fate that did it? Probably”

“You may believe that your actions are entirely your own and that no one can control your life. You'd be surprised at how fate works. Every decision you made and thought of as your own was nothing more than fate at work. Even Gods like myself are powerless against the omnipotent being known as Fate. Perhaps it was fate's work at play that your soul travelled through 3,004 universes to end up in the universe of the book you read a while ago."

 

"Do you believe you picked up the presumably random novel of your own volition?"


"I doubt it. You were fated to read the novel, following the story set in the very same universe and timeline that you arrived”

 

“Your soul belongs in the universe in which you lived. But it was fate that led you here, to the universe of the last novel you read. You are going to reincarnate in this world. There are a few complications as a result of your foreign soul. Your soul would not be able to follow the laws of this universe as they had been tampered with by the angels. So allow me to make amends. I'll make a copy of a fragment of your soul that wouldn't harm your original soul in any way. And make it so that you are somehow linked to the laws imposed by the inhabitants of this universe.”

“Take your time, and then answer me”

 

He clicked his fingers again.

 

‘What the f*ck?’

 

‘So I died and I’m gonna get reincarnated in the universe of the last novel I read! I don’t even remember the name of the damned novel. How am I supposed to use my reincarnation cheats? So unfair! At least reincarnate me in an anime world or something’ 

 

‘Okay, so processing all the information. I’m supposed to be reincarnated but some complications arose. To make up for it, God wants to do something with a copy of my soul. If it’s not gonna affect me, isn’t it fine? Hmm, this might just be his way of giving me my cheats. I see no harm in accepting’

 

‘As far as I remember, this world has Class and Talent systems which determine your standings and the main story revolves around an adventurer’

 

‘Sure God. I agree with your proposal. Do whatever you want and gimme those cheats.’

 

He did something with his hands. 

 

“You won’t remember anything that happened in this plane. So farewell, lost soul” He said.

 

‘See ya’ 

 

After she vanished,

“Fate, what would your reason be, to bring this lost soul into these lands? Or is it simply for amusement? An inferior being such as I would never dare to speculate on your thought process. Bless the poor soul”

 

***

 

The next moment, a lot of information loaded on my mind, assuming I even have one. It’s difficult to put into words what I’m feeling right now. My memories from previous life are very faint, but they are still here. I could simulate certain emotions like pity, but can’t exactly feel them.

It appears that I’m the ‘copy’ that God mentioned. And I am connected to a 10-year-old girl named Letica. She has spent her entire life on streets, and now I have the authority over her ‘System’. Her soul strength has increased as a result of my integration. In Angel's terms, her Talent has upgraded. 

It’s strange that I know how to do everything regarding this ‘System’, even though nobody taught me anything.

So what is my task, let’s see. I have to prepare quests and guide her. The quests and rewards must follow certain rules or the Angels will notice me. Okay, got it. Let’s wait for the host to call for help.

 

‘Sigh besides, what does pleasure mean? Does that mean I will be a slave, but it will be pleasurable?’

 

Finally,

 

-------------------------------------

Yes possibly

-------------------------------------

 

And so my life as an assistant began. 

I’m so confused, as to how she happened to find my original soul’s body. I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to meet the original ‘me’, but the very first person my host asked for help, directed us to her. We were destined to meet, as God said.

 

She is quite a sweet girl. A bit dumb, but she’s very pure hearted. If not for the fact that the original ‘me’ is her mistress, she might have suffered horribly. According to the novel’s plot.

 

Well, all’s well that ends well. 

I should keep helping her to the best of my abilities. But even that is difficult because she never asks for help. 

Hah, you stupid host, at least use what's provided to you!

Simulated Anger.

 

 

181