White-eyed children
139 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment I was awake for the second time, I was welcomed to a quiet and empty room. The ceiling above was draped in child toys floating aimlessly. A trinket that looked like a crescent moon was black with flames while a raging shooting star was being eaten by a black mob of...gas? 

Am I still dreaming? 

They always said dreams never made any sense. 

I reach up with my baby fat arms but I don't touch them. They escape my hands and dance around like fluttering flies. I wonder if this was supposed to be a joke though. 

My new name is Belle. I was blamed for killing my mother and my dad looks like a fucking zombie. 

But the uncanny familiarity both parents exuded was something that was far more potent than the new beginning at life. But it wasn't just towards my parents, it went as far as to the corridor I came from to the room I now resided in. 

It's like I've been here before. 

It felt like I was forgetting something after I had died. I bunched up my brows in a frown at the odd feeling of misplacing something but not remembering what that something was. It was already weird enough I was reborn but the fact that I had both parents blame me for murder was something that felt...far too close to home.

"She looks ugly." A sudden voice sounded by the end of my cot. My baby heart thumped loudly in fear and an unwanted cry escaped from me. 

"Uwuah she heard you, she heard you!" Another voice sounded, as if never hearing a baby cry before.

Of course I heard you! I hear you so loud and clear that my fucking heart is stammering!

I try and wipe my tears but motor skills and no bone structure result in me punching myself in the face.

"..."

"...."

"..." 

"...idiot." one of them says.

I tear up again. But this time I force myself to not cry out verbally, so what happens instead is that I cry out a river. The voices come closer and a soft hand gently wipes my tears away. I'm tempted to bite the hand that caresses me awkwardly but knowing I have no teeth I retreat.

My vision clears and I see miniature versions of Dad standing over me. White-eyed pupils and white hair. Three boys and one girl. They all look like father; both scary and too pretty to comprehend. 

"She doesn't look like her." The smallest boy says quietly.

"Aside from her eyes, she doesn't look like him either." This time the girl spoke. She sounded like she was 7 years old. Especially with how tall she seemed to be compared to the others.

They were all staring at me like an insect. Not with disgust but not with any love either. It felt like an uncanny predatory gaze that belonged to a hunter.

The oldest girl spoke with her eyes not being kind as she reached down and pinched my cheek hard. 

"Welcome Baby Belle. We're your older siblings." 

I'm really wondering what is up with this family that talks as if I understand anything. I'm a baby remember?!

But they ignore my apparent confusion and continue to babble. 

"She has our family's eyesbrows too Daniel." The youngest one calls out to the tallest of the four man squad. 

"Mm but she doesn't have either her or his hair colour." Daniel says. I look at him and wave my hand to attack his face as he comes closer. But it's all useless as he gently smiles. He had short wavy white curls that framed his face. Slanted eyes as his puckered lips softly exhale. 

He looks better than Dad at least. I can chalk it up to being an angelic zombie rather than just a zombie like Dad. At least his eyes aren't as dead looking as his was.

His brow was small and circular and was naturally grey in colour against his rosy complexion. He, and everyone else held the same familiar features and though the youngest boy held more of a doe eyed look and the second youngest boy was rather sullen in his posture. The girl, my sister apparently, was the only one who had pale brown hair that looked to be soft to the touch and her eyes were almond shaped with the end being a little lifted. 

Wow they're all beautiful. Too beautiful...

"She has black hair though all her other features belong to our Castello family...I wonder if she's a bastard?" 

"I've never seen one before." 

"But she'd never sleep with anyone but him though." 

"But he'd never want to either; he abhorred her." 

Wow calling me a bastard and telling me my life story - aren't we moving too quick? I haven't even gotten your name yet second older brother~.

As they went back and forth refuting and refusing to deny or clarify my apparent birth another person walks into the room. 

He stands over my crib like an ominous shadow, an old man wearing a black waistcoat. A wrinkled face with a scar marring his left eye. 

"Dear masters and my lady, it is time for dinner." He bows respectfully but his one eye looks terrifying. 

They all gather to our sister's side and she looks back at me. I reach out to her, my back on my bed and my limbs flying out like a fiery mess. 

"We will be taking little Belle with us, have the nursemaid come feed her with us now." She doesn't look back but at least I get to come out of the cot. 

"Understood my lady." The butler-looking guy says. But then he disappears in black smoke and that just makes me cry. 

Literally. 

I have a mind of a grown woman but my body is one of a newborn babe. So damn frustrating!!

My older siblings all ignore my crying and wait for the nursemaid to come collect me. A young woman comes and carries me gently after giving me more clothes to wear, a simple puffed dress that held little roses on it. She's silent as she follows my siblings down the black streamed corridor. The archways that curled up towards the centre of the ceiling were painted in black. The accents bordering the archways were royal purple. So saying the corridor was dark wasn't due to the nightly weather but because of the interior designing itself. However what was cute was that little globes of starlight filtered through the the ceiling painting it quite nicely. Looking down at the carpet was scribed with the same colouring as everything else in this...mansion. 

The harder I looked at everything the more of the sense of foreboding came wrapped into my brain. It felt like someone violently stuffing turkey mince into my brain saying "Wake up and remember already." But all that nudging was in vain and all that mince was wasted and just left me feeling like a total mess. But as we drew closer to a huge pair of doors that led to the dining room I felt an inclination of knowing that just settled in. 

Castello...Belle...white-eyed and black haired...Silvermore....ahhh 

"Buck." I say aloud with all the feelings of remorse inside of me.

The nursemaid carrying me jolted a bit in surprise. She took a moment to think it over but decided not to say anything. 

6