A Dark Welcome
152 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt jostled and heard screaming around my dark surroundings, as if a woman was in pain. My head was squeezed tightly and my body was being pulled by hands. The rough sensation forced me out of the dark space and all of the sudden I could hear a babe bawling in tears. Only, it felt like the air around me grew tense as the babe's cry only intensified. 

Someone was screaming beside the babe and incomprehensible with thought I opened my eyes. The babe stopped crying and I saw a woman vividly drenched in sweat. Tired with labour and her pale complexion was waxed out like a bloodless vampire. But it was her eyes that held me still. Her blood-red eyes looked up at me with a loathesome glare. Her red hair wet with sweat did not dim her hellish beauty. Then I noticed her legs and the pool of blood that didn't stop bleeding. 

She's dying.

Even so she reached out for me. My view angle changed from being so high up to suddenly being level with her chest. 

Wow okay so I was the one bawling like a banshee.

The woman looked down as she held me. She had a gruesome smile on her face, but her glare was still there, though resigned.

"My little murderer, taking your mother's life. Such a bad child." She poked my cheek softly, like what she was saying wouldn't scar me for life. 

But instead of replying I could only silently stare back. She stares at me as she loses more strength in breathing. Not looking away from me she says something but all I can hear is marbled jumbles of words. Nice to listen to but it's just lost in translation to me. 

In the end another set of hands take me away from my dead mother. I don't look away from her though. Even if the person now is holding me stiffly, we both just stare at her. 

"You killed your mother: your name will be Belle after the poisonous Belladonna flowers themselves." His timber voice was felt throughout the entirety of my small body and I couldn't help but cry out a little in protest.

"Guuu." Dribble escaped my mouth like a waterfall and I sloppily made sure to make his pristine clothes wet with my spit. But when I looked up at him it solidified the fact that I've truly been reborn...literally. 

His white pupils and grey hair belied the handsome face of his, if a dead person looked alive that would be him; my new Dad. But instead it was my pale mother with the vibrant red hair that was dead instead of this man. 

He ignored my drooling attempts of 'fuck you very much' and continued to hold me close but, instead, took to ordering about the maids and manservants present. 

"Prepare the funeral procession and notify the Silvermore family that the Duchess has passed." With that said he walked us out of the room. He saw me staring up at him but he didn't say anything else. 

"Guuuu..." I could feel myself yawn and I fell asleep in his arms. The sound of his heavy footsteps echoed down the corridor and it was with a rhythmic movement that lulled me to sleep.

6