Chapter 3
252 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"where am I?"

once I woke up, what greets me is a molded ceiling and a slightly wrecked bed where I was resting, a quilt that was knitted with a thread multiple times that could clearly be seen covering my body which makes me itchy.

I look around and there is the same bed just like this, when I tried to move, it made a cracking sound, The walls are made of wood and stones, how old it was to make it look like that?

the wood is too old that it's like it was already decaying and the molds on the stones just made my nose turn ugly.

the ground is uncomfortable as I stepped on it barefoot.

it was full of dust and pebbles, it was as if this place is abandoned.

there is a cobweb at the nook and a cranny in the walls.

"...where am I?"

I head towards to almost broken door, there is no handle, only a huge hole where the door handle is supposed to be, there is a small chain on the door and hanging on a nail in the wall, this seems that someone is here and locked the door for it would not open widely.

once I pulled the chain on the nail, a creaking noise came from the door as it slowly opened, no, it did not open on its own, a man wearing spectacles greeted me, he was wearing a long white coat that stop mid of his knees, brown pants and black belt that loosely hanging on his waist, a black vest and white sleeve inside, there is a  black necktie, he is also tall, around 189cm if I say so, he has a lean body and charming smile in his face, a beautiful and lustrous blonde hair that would make some woman be in shame, and a pair tanned skin adding his handsomeness.

"ah, glad you're awake, how are you feeling?"

"ah, uh, f-fine..."

if this man were in my previous world, he would probably gain attention all over the internet and charm many women with just a single look of his...

"That's great, now then, I would like to introduce myself, I'm Lordesues Arna Veloski."

"a-um... g-greetings, my name...um..."

I clearly did not expect a handsome man who likes a celebrity would greet me like this, but there was one thing I wanted to know.

my body is shaking, my body wants to run away from him, and my mind is in turmoil as I felt like this.

I felt like a puppy shivering at the appearance of an unknown creature right in front of me, this man makes me feel like it wants to devour me, up, middle, and down.

a beast disguises as a human, and I don't know what to do.

"did you forget your name perhaps?"

I don't know how he gets to that conclusion but this should do, I don't want to say my name, my name in my previous life not this one, I don't have the memories of the previous owner of this body but this should help.

"y-yes... I'm sorry, I don't know anything..."

"ah... how sad, well, that makes things easier!"

"?"

the man smiles brightly which could blind anyone, and could even say he looks like a saint.

but for some reason, a cold crawled into my lower part as it rises to my upper body screaming in fear to get away from this man.

I unconsciously stepped back without me knowing earning a confused look from the man, however, his eyes didn't... it was cold... deadly as if he was looking at livestock.

"This won't do, you know? I will give you a name in exchange, you have to work for me."

."w-work?"

the man clapped his hand and give a toothy smile before saying.

"that is right, as a slave laborer, that's what you're supposed to do right?"

"s-slave? laborer? what do you mean?"

the man or Sir Lordesues frown, the usual smile that he was using turns into a frown making me shiver down my spine.

I stepped back at the dangerous situation.

"First..."

"ack!?"

I was lifted in the air out of nowhere, something is strangling my neck making me hard to breathe, I struggled as I could feel I am losing air. however to no avail, I am only flailing in the air, I notice that there was a purple mist in his left hand and that same mist is on my neck.

he slowly tilted his head to the right with wide-open eyes and a neutral expression, however, this earn more a horrifying feeling inside me.

I started to cry as I slowly turned purple.

"don't ask, obey, and live like a dog on my side okay? nod if you want to say yes and shake your head left and right for no, but we both know nod is a good answer yes?"

I'm scared...

mom... I want to see you...

I cried while my face turn completely purple and The grip on my neck keeps tightening.

"answer."

I don't want to die!

I immediately nodded while wanting to get some air.

Sir Lordesues smiled charmingly after my nod and the mist on his hand disappeared into thin air, that same goes for my neck, I fell to the ground and was relieved that I could breathe air.

"cough! cough! cough! ugh!! haa, haa, haa,... hyuuk!!!"

but that relief was only for a moment, the mist came back again but this time touches my chin lifting my head and I was forcefully looking at the horrifying man.

"Well, You said you forget your name so I shall name you!"

Sir Lord clapped his head three times and grinned widely enough to reach his ears.

"Fice... you will be name Fice."

I flinched after hearing my 'new' name as I know its meaning, 

"hm? you don't like it? you don't? hey, answer me, you don't like it?"

he said not making me answer quickly his hand the mist purple appeared again, which completely shook me up, and answer a positive response.

"no! I like it! I really like it! thank you for giving me such a beautiful name Boss!!!"

after hearing my answer, Lord smile charmingly and rubbed my hair with his unknown power.

"good boy~ you see, I really think much of your name, you look so adorable and foreign... so, I name you like that, after all... you will be my Dog."

I internally clenched my fist while a smile was plastered on my face.

"Good, good boy, now since you have the strength to answer me and move, go work now with the others."

"yes!"

so, there are other children too...

this is a child laborer... shouldn't this be illegal or is this world not mind child laboring?

I followed him silently while looking down.

If I do something wrong, I'm afraid something would happen to me, it saddens me but I could do nothing...

and...  remembering that weird power of him... I would die... I don't want to die again...

I really am scared...

"here we go! welcome to your utopia Fice!"

....

.....

Utopia?

this... haha.  ....

is this what he called Utopia for us?

this is hell...

there are a lot of children which are supposed to be the same age as me, some were probably 7 - 9 there are girls and boys.

I saw a boy lifting a bucket of coal and throwing it in the furnace, a child keeps pulling the lead that connected to the furnace creating wind pressure to keep the burning coal smoldering it.

a little girl who's age around the same as me is picking coal and placing it on the bucket, I could see her small soft fingers filled with black color and blood... she was crying but she won't stop what she was doing.

there is a part where boys and girls lift some small pieces of wood and place them in an area filled with wood. there would be at least 10 children here and all of them are wearing a complete set of tattered old ragged, they have dirt all over their faces and they are so thin and weak but they did not mind, they continue working nonstop and when they saw sir lord, all of them stiffened and fasten their work.

fuck...

I want to vomit...

this is too cruel...

"now then Fice, help kitty in her picking coal, she needs help see? are you glad that you see someone with the same age as you? good luck then, keep working alright? if I see you or my workers you are neglecting your work, I have no choice but to punish you okay?"

"yes...."

I want to cry... not because I will suffer...

but because of the current state of these children right in front of my eyes...

I quickly helped the little girl, she did not look at me and only continued what she was doing

but I could see a glimpse of tears in her eyes and scars all over her body, her little finger filled with black color is a mess, there are too many small scars and one of her fingernails is missing, it was red and bleeding but she keeps working.

I look at lord and he was long gone, but a new appearance showed up, there she is holding a whip.

and looking at us...

I began to pick up some coals and purposely hide the little girl in the eyes of the one who is guarding her.

"rest a little bit, I blocked you so the bad person won't see you resting."

the little girl looked at me dumbfoundedly, and I could only smile at her, but she shook her head and used her eyes to look up then she moved her finger to the right.

I could not help but look at the top right and there I saw a muscular man looking at us with a wooden bat in his hand.

damn...

"Sorry...."

the little girl shook her head and smile weakly...

'... search engine...'

🔎:_______________

' 🔎: how can I help her?'

🔎: nothing, as of the moment the user is weak and has no strength to figbt back, it is advised to look at the user's profile.

hm?

I open the screen last time, but I have a hard time so I will call it 'screen'

'screen'

then an A4 size appeared

storage/ map/ search engine/ library/ profile(New!)/ shop(New!/

I was surprised seeing this, I immediately open my profile to look at myself.

____________

Name: Fice

Age: 3-year-old

strength: E

Agility: D

Mental: E

Endurance: D

Mana: E

Occupation: Slave Laborer

skills:

None

Bloodline: (Unawakened)

Bloodline skills: (none)

6