Chapter 4
212 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been one year since I transmigrated into this world, and in all of this year, I gathered new information thanks to my search engine and its property.

first, the [Shop]  when I look into it, was empty.

there's nothing like something I could buy, it was empty and I don't know the reason why, but at the lower volume of the shop, there I saw [points] which are vague, what points?

then there is my profile, when I saw my status for the first time, it did not occur to me how weak I am.

everything is poor it is heartbreaking.

but at this age which I have the body of a three years old, I guess it was normal.

oh, how I was wrong.

__________

Name: Kitty

Age: 4-year-old

strength: D

Agility: D

Mental: C

Endurance: B

Mana: C

Rank: 1

Occupation: Slave Laborer

skills:

Throwing (Rank 1)

Dig (Rank 0)

Bloodline: Bronze

Bloodline skills: (none)

_________________

"???"

Kitty looked at me as she tilts her head, I was staring at her, and she moves her finger while looking at me.

"[Is...there....something...wrong?]"

"No, Nothing, I'm just thinking of something that almost looks like I'm staring at you."

Kitty Raises her brow but then shrugged it off as she continue taking some coal.

how unfair...

the little girl who I thought needed some protection did not look like she needed it.

because of her stats, but I know she is still weak but I'm weaker than her.

I found out that my system is not too op but it is still a cheat.

I mean, the search engine is seriously overpowered, I could gain information in anything.

like how I found out the status of Kitty.

I just search.

🔍: Kitty's Profile

then, baam! that shows up, in her profile.

and that's not all.

I also search.

🔍: Lordeseus Arna Veloski Identity.

______

Lordeseus Arna Veloski

blonde hair

blue eyes

6'2

Boss of the Wolf Gang

Ruler of the east slum

slave trader

has 3 wives who he killed after giving birth to a child.

Drug Lord

Human trafficker

sadistic psychopath

currently making a dangerous chemical experiment

_______

see?

see that?

isn't this search engine overpowered?

even if I don't know the person, as long as I know their name, I could already find their Identity and profile.

that's why I conclude that no one should find out about my cheating.

especially this boss, Lordeseus.

if he found out I have something on my sleeve, who knows what will happen to me?

I would become his dog and slave forever, until the day I died.

No, let's not think of that.

"let me help you"

I helped kitty lift the big bucket full of coal and give it to worm, worm is the guy who is lifting the bucket and placing it into the furnace, he has brown long hair and a thin body, unfortunately, I could not see his face, but he is the older one here, as of now, worm is already 7 years old.

this kind of life continues, or not... because two months pass by, this happens.

while me and kitty picking up coals and placing them on a big bucket, I saw two members of the wolf gang lifting something big.

it was a large barrel big as a human height, it was too big and I could only think it was a liquid.

as they move closer to us, it does seem they could not see their way as they headed towards us and kitty.

I was alarmed and my instinct tells me to move away.

but I was a bit too late

one of them accidentally hit something making loss their balance.

a liquid came out, it was glowing light; as if it was a slow motion, I saw that it was coming to kitty, it was sudden but, I did not regret it.

my body move on itself and without thinking, push kitty to not get hit by the glowing liquid on her face, I could feel how it was dangerous.

and as I push her away from it, the glowing liquid that was supposed to hit her face, instead, I was the one who got splash on the face, right through my eyes.

"AAH!!!!"

I scream out of my lungs, I don't know what is happening to my surroundings as I keep rolling around while my hands are on my eyes,  I could feel the burning pain scorching my skin right in my eyes, it was so painful that it felt you got burn alive.

I kept screaming nonstop not until something hit my head hard making me unconscious.

*

"guh...!"

There's something that catches my ear, the movement of a shovel used by someone, some people who are conversing with each other, the burning flame that came from the big furnace or chimney, and the sound of coins that hits on the ground.

"uhh!!! stopp!!!"

it was painful, it was hurting my eardrums, and the noises keep banging on my head without knowing how to stop, with the frustration I am feeling, I quickly get up on the bed but as I open my eyes.

what greeted me is a painful brightness.

"gah!!!!!!!"

I scream due to the painful brightness that greets my peripheral eyes,  I closed them and hold my head with my hands.

"w-what happen?!"

I tried opening my eyes again but it was the same result, it was only full of brightness, and I cannot see my surroundings that it is irritating and frustrating.

however...

"What...?"

when I close my eyes, the brightness was gone but I could see yet not.

I cannot explain what is happening to me, just...

there is this wavelength while my eyes are closed, and my surroundings are full of blur objects, it was translucent, everything as if they are formless objects.

I can't understand it, I cannot describe what I'm seeing, and at most, I feel it strange.

at the same time while my eyes are closed.

one of the noises I kept hearing felt like it was getting close to me.

it was like the person is walking on tiptoe, toddling as it headed toward me.

I could hear its footstep getting closer and stopped at the door.

I stared at it albeit blind, I could still see the door in shapeless form.

as the door opened, I saw a transparent silhouette, it was small and as it gets closer, I smell the familiar scent, which further confused me because not just my hearing but as well as my smell seems to enhance.

the small figure or kitty stopped midway and I could hear her grasp, her movement as I could hear moving her arms, and a sniff and tears that came out of her eyes.

"uuh...!"

her painful yet relieving moan came to her mouth as she quickly run toward me

I spread my arm knowing the incoming hug.

although I look relaxed, my ears are bombing with different noises that it is comfortable, If I don't find a solution soon, I think my ears might bleed.

"on!!!"

kitty hugged me while crying and I could only reply by rubbing her back.

"there, there, I'm sorry if I made you worried, are you okay?"

kitty looked at me, I notice her flinching while looking at my face, I don't know what my face became to look like after what happened but, as Kitty stared at it, I could hear the drop of tears that come to her eyes.

her small hand slowly rises as her index finger touch the tip of my skin close to my eyes.

I hiss in pain due to the sudden touch which made her flinch and started panicking.

"It's okay, I just... I was surprised by the sudden touch, and I'm sorry but it looks like I'm now blind, hahaha."

I laugh naively making a laugh at my current situation, Kitty just looked down and I could hear her breathing and lungs stop mid-way, for a moment at least, her heart start beating faster which made me worried, her internal groan which I heard made me hug her cherished.

"Shhh, Don't blame yourself okay? it's not your fault, no one is at fault here okay? I don't know if you're blaming yourself but, please don't. it is my choice okay? I don't want you to be in pain after all."

as soon as I said that, she began to cry nonstop, and I could only comfort her by rubbing her back gently.

seriously, this little girl experiences something traumatizing, and I felt like a big brother trying to comfort their little sister.

while rubbing her back, I heard a deep footstep that fastly getting close here.

soon with a bang on the door which made me grimace due to the loud noise.

"ah! your alive? that is incredible! I thought you will be dead after I hear from my people what happen to you! seems that it was not your time yet."

said the familiar voice which made me feel frustrated.

"Unfortunately... this would be the time you should stop working at the factory."

both me and kitty flinch at that, I feel kitty tighten her hug.

"ah! don't get me wrong, it's because you are now blind that you'll be a nuisance at work, so I think it would be a great idea if you beg people from the street, like that? begging for money ao at least you could help us right, fice?"

I don't want to answer him but I saw his shapeless arm slowly rising, and I quickly said yes.

"That's great!"

"um.. boss, can I ask for a favor?"

"hm? favor? well, honestly if you ask me that I would have to punish you for asking some favor but because my people are at fault here, then I will accept this favor, only once, got that?"

"y-yes boss, as for the favor uhh, can I beg some money on the street with kitty?"

"hm? and why is that?"

"I just need someone to support me, It is giving me a hard time to walk or see without the support of someone..."

"hmm... certainly, okay! I accept! now, you'll start tomorrow okay? for now, you should rest and kitty."

kitty flinch once her supposed name was called.

"you should beg too okay? you are cute so many would be willing to give you some money okay? don't just support fice but beg and earn okay?"

kitty nodded at him and once this was done, Lordeseus hummed in pleasure and walked out as if nothing was happy.

I stroke Kitty's hair with my hand and think.

'this way, it would be better for her to beg this way than work as a coal collector.

I don't know what future awaits me but...

I won't give up...

I'll become strong enough to protect those I cherish.

Even if I'm blind, I still have positive merits.

I somehow enhance my hearing and smell, and my system which has a search engine.

I won't give up...

and first...

how should I become stronger?

11