Chapter 3 Hair Care
226 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suddenly, a lightbulb went off in his head. Dawning an expression of ‘being expressionless to hide the extreme sadness’, he excused himself and turned to leave, but suddenly the toxic friend grabbed his wrist and yanked him towards herself, causing him to reveal his face to everyone.

 

Panicked, he harshly retrieved his hand, and sprinted out of there, relying on the original Noah’s memories to enter his hut.

 

What he didn't know was that sorrowful sighs accompanied his departure. They had all seen Noah’s face just now. He was biting his lower lip and scrunching his nose with a blush spreading on his face and his eyes were watery. The panic and vulnerability in his eyes.......What they saw in his expression was a sorrow that couldn't be put into words.

 

Indescribable sadness shrouded the tribal chief’s house as they closed their eyes and turned their heads. As if by doing this they could forget this tragic love story. Young cubs plunged into their mama's or baba’s embrace, asking for comfort.

 

Damn! It was so hard to keep his lips from twitching into a smile but the toxic friend had to mess up his plans!! Fortunately, he didn't outright smile. He just hoped not many people saw his twisted expression.

 

*Growl*

 

"Ah! fortunately, I remembered this."

 

Even if Noah was in a hurry to escape, as a former resident of an apocalyptic world where food was life, he didn't fail to wrap the meat and pickle in the tortilla and bring them along.

 

At this time he smeared the meat with the pickle and hurriedly devoured it. As for the tortilla, even if he was from the end of the world he would never lower himself to eat something like this. After one bite he was sure that there was sand mixed in with the flour.

 

He moved to the water barrel to clean his hands. He took a glimpse of his face, surroundings lighted by the bright moonlight from the window, and what he saw horrified him.

 

Even though Noah was known as the cleanest female in the tribe, the cleanliness of a primitive person could never meet the standards of this Noah, the clean freak city boy, who even at the end of the world would bathe every week even if zombies were knocking on his door. 

 

He restrained his urge to immediately throw away his own skin.

 

In addition to that, tomorrow was going to be his special day.

 

If you were to tell any of his past acquaintances from the previous world, that the young master Noah, known for his wealthy and lavish lifestyle, would go to his own wedding looking like a savage better than you were afraid that they would not curse at you for having nothing better to do and then throw you in a metal cage to act as a bate.

 

Noah found some dry grass, lit it with the flint and stone, and threw it into the mud stove. Placing a large pottery pot on the stove, he raised his arm in the direction of the water barrel. The water rippled and magically streamed to the pottery pot. 

 

Fortunately, he still had his abilities. 

 

He remembered that the original Noah had picked a few avocado-like fruits and had stored them as emergency rations. He took out a piece of poorly woven cloth, stone slate, and mallet from under some sundries at the side and wiped the slate with wet animal fur. 

 

First, he wrapped fruit in the woven cloth, so that it doesn't fly everywhere. Then he put it on the slate and pounded it heavily with the mallet so that all of it gets crushed including the seed. And later he wrung it into a wooden bowl.

 

After repeating this process another three more times he had a bowl full of fruit oil. He carefully smelled and added some herbs from the Herb basket.

 

"I think there was a bit of salt....."

 

Noah murmured with a thoughtful expression and added a pinch of unrefined salt.

 

Since he couldn't wash this out, he just poured it into a larger bowl of hot water.

 

Noah emptied the original Noah's room and transferred all of his things into the witch doctor's room. Then, he blocked the room's window with a wooden plank, making sure no one could peek inside. Even if he was a man in another world, he was a female in this world. Plus, being peeped at would not be a pleasant experience. 

 

He put a bucket in the room and transferred some of the water into the bucket. He rinsed his hair thoroughly with warm water, generously lathers up his hip-length hair with his homemade 2-in-1 shampoo, and gently massages his scalp when his hands bump into something hard. Noah rubbed some of the shampoo on his horns while feeling them up.

 

Then he scrubbed his goat ears, and thoroughly cleaned and examined his own body for any other changes.

 

The people in this world usually had some animal characteristics that they could use to distinguish their species.

 

The most trepidation was when he examined his private parts. 

 

Good thing nothing changed.

 

Noah patted his chest in relief and rinsed off the shampoo. He dried himself with a clean piece of animal fur and wrapped his long hair in it.

 

Noah then started to pack and arrange his luggage in a sack. He wouldn't just go into an unknown territory empty-handed. But he also knew that the people of the tribe wouldn't let him take away too many things.

 

He packed some leather herb pouches, a stone mortar and pestle, a few precious stones, a flint, some good animal furs, and woven clothes.

 

Along the way, he found a set of fine jewellery, a dress, and a pair of boots.

 

They were brand new and too small for the witch doctor.

 

Most likely, the witch doctor had them made for the original Noah's future wedding ceremony.

 

This was a common custom in this world, where the male parent of a female would carve and weave the cloths and jewellery for her wedding with their own hands to show that the female was loved by their family.

 

A drop of water fell on the back of Noah's hand. Then another. And another.

 

Like a broken, tears streamed down his face. 

 

This sadness wasn't his.

 

It was the Original Noah's emotions, his grief over his adopted baba's death. And the unwillingness to be but a stepping stone for others.

 

In the original novel, the Female lead had worn jewellery whose description matched them.

 

Something as precious as his wedding gift from his deceased baba had become just one of the courting gifts, the female lead had gotten from one of her males.

 

After regaining his composure, Noah cleaned his face, laid down on a clean animal fur, and fell into a deep sleep.

 

This helped him better take control of this body and its emotions.

 

Noah has always hated crying.

 

Probably because he was taught, from an early age, that crying is somehow wrong and shameful.

 

Crying couldn't solve anything.

 

Something for the weak.

 

And he wasn't weak.

 

He couldn't be.

 

When he was 16 years old his parents had suddenly died in a car accident, leaving him behind with his 8-year-old sister. He had to work several part-time jobs, balance his studies and take care of his younger sister whom he could not even send to school. He had worked hard and successfully started his own business for their comfortable future but then he found out that his little sister had cancer and that it had already advanced to a serious stage. 

 

He was devastated.

 

That's why, when the advent of the apocalypse came, one month after his sister's death, he was so happy that he opened a few bottles of champagne and watched as the city fell into shambles.

 

His office on the 20th floor gave him a panoramic view of the whole city.

 

He still remembered his 'if I can't be happy, no one can be happy' mentality of that time and the evil Muhahaha' that spilled out from his lips.   ψ(`∇´)ψ

 

It was quite chuuni1Chūnibyō (中二病) is a Japanese colloquial term typically used to describe early teens who have grandiose delusions, who desperately want to stand out, and who have convinced themselves that they have hidden knowledge or secret powers. of him. 

 

Maybe the disease 2chuunibyou may be called a disease but it is not actually a disease. relapsed.

 

He was getting embarrassed just remembering that.

 

The MC isn't crazy or anything like that, it's just how sain could a person from an apocalyptic world be. But don't worry this is in no way an angst novel.

Please click the heart button and comment and rate this novel if you like this chapter~~♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓

7