15 – Zeus vs Poseidon (3)
2.1k 4 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Poseidon and Athena arrived at Olympus in less than 5 minutes. After placing Athena on the ground, Poseidon then noticed that Olympus is empty and covered in blood, '' Zeus indeed killed all the Gods! This is going to be a problem.''

Athena looked around, seeing only blood everywhere, '' Come on, we have no time to lose! With every second that passes, Zeus gets stronger! We have to go now if we want to have any chance of winning.''

Poseidon said nothing and followed Athena. 

The duo went straight to Zeus' domain, because that was where the King of the Gods was supposed to be.

Sure enough, as soon as they got close to Zeus' domain, the smell and amount of blood increased, '' This is crazy...!''

Athena started to run, but Poseidon held her back, '' Wait!''

The goddess looked at Poseidon, who continued, '' You're going to attack like that, without any plan? He has killed many gods, we have to assume that his power now must be greater than mine and yours combined!''

Athena calmed down a little, '' I'm sorry! It's just that I became destabilized by seeing so many friends killed...''

''Don't worry about it.'' Poseidon hugged Athena, '' Now, do you have some plan?

Athena started to think, '' By my calculations, he must be very strong, but his body must not have adapted to that much power... maybe we still have a chance, but we need the Blade of Olympus.''

''Then we depend on Kratos to carry out the plan... until then, what do we do? Zeus is standing on his domain for now, but what if he starts to move and kills more gods?''

We can hold him off for a while...'' Athena said that, but she seemed unsure.

'' You know it would be suicide, right?'' Poseidon asked, but he was calm.

'' ... We attack only if he moves. Athena decided on the next step.

Poseidon nodded, and the couple waited.

'' I'm curious... if a God dies, is there a way to resurrect him?'' Poseidon asked.

'' You can save his soul and put it into a body, but his powers are gone forever. The soul would reject the powers.''

"But what if I put the power of another God in it?'' 

'' ... We've never had the opportunity to test that before, but I suppose it's possible,'' Athena replied.

''And mortals? Is there a way to resurrect them?''

Surprisingly, Athena shook her head, '' As soon as a mortal dies, they go straight to the reincarnation circle. If you head to Tartarus right after they died, you still have a chance to save their soul, but it is rare.''

''Thank you for clearing up my doubts, love.''

Poseidon kissed Athena.

"You're welcome.''

The goddess smiled. Just as they were about to continue their conversation, they noticed that Zeus was moving.

The couple looked at each other, and Poseidon noticed that Athena was insecure, so he took her hand, "It'll be fine. Let me go first.''

After saying that, Poseidon took a big breath, 'Now it's the time! I have to take advantage of the fact that he hasn't gotten used to this much power yet.'

After noticing that Athena had moved away, with the shield in one hand and his Trident in the other, Poseidon shouted, '' ZEUS!''

Zeus, who was about to leave his domain, smiled when he heard his brother's voice, '' Poseidon!''

After a thunder, Zeus appeared in front of Poseidon.

'He is much stronger than before!' That was the first thing Poseidon noticed.

''I thought you had died from my attack, but this can also be considered a good thing since now you have personally come to give me your powers.'' Zeus looked at Poseidon as if he were already a dead man.

''I don't die that easily... I see you've been busy since our last fight.'' Poseidon looked at the massacre around Zeus' domain.

''Oh, that? Since our last conversation, I've thought it over and realized that just me as God is enough! I don't need anyone else.'' Zeus started to laugh.

'''You know I can't let you continue this massacre, right?'' Poseidon said as he put up his shield in front of him.

Zeus looked at Poseidon dismissively, '' You, the person who ran away from our last fight, want to stop me? Don't make me laugh!''

Zeus was going to keep talking, but a trident made of water hit him. Surprisingly, it seems to have done some damage.

'' Are you resorting to sneak attacks now, brother?'' Zeus, after recovering from the attack, also launched some thunder in the direction of Poseidon, who used the Shield to defend himself.

' The shield is holding well... maybe I can do this.'

The thunders kept coming, but Poseidon held his ground. When an opening appeared, Poseidon launched another trident made of water, all hitting Zeus.

Poseidon didn't stop, launching more and more tridents of water. Getting confident, Poseidon launched himself into the air and gave Zeus a punch.

The punch passed a barrier that Zeus made out of thunder, and hit the King of the Gods right in the middle of the face, sending him flying.

Poseidon didn't stop, following Zeus in midair and stabbing him with his Trident. More and more blood was coming out of Zeus, who started to counterattack.

Thunder started to hit Poseidon, who ignored the damage and continued to stab Zeus with his Trident.

'' Argh!'' Zeus, for the first time, screamed in pain.

Poseidon then went for the head, but Zeus used his weapon to defend himself. 

It slowed down the attack, but it hit Zeus in the face, giving the King of the Gods, a huge scar that went from the forehead to the neck.

Poseidon wasn't getting off this with no injuries. His armor, which was already tattered, was completely destroyed, and his chest now was burned by Zeus' thunder. Poseidon's arm, the one holding the Trident, was also burned.

''ARGH!'' This time it was Poseidon screaming. A random thunder that Zeus threw hit his burned arm, almost severing it. Poseidon healed it with his water powers, but it was still damaged.

' Should I continue attacking..?' Poseidon looked in direction of Athena and saw the Goddess hiding.

' If I run now, Athena would be in trouble...' A realization hit Poseidon's mind, ' It seems I really like Athena... In this situation, I only thought of protecting her.'

Smiling at the realization, Poseidon renovated his motivation of fighting Zeus, ' If I lose here, we are all dead anyway. I can't stop now, I will deal with all the damage after everything is over!I only need to hold it unitl Kratos arrives!'

Poseidon chased after Zeus, hitting him with his Shield. It seems to have dazed Zeus, which gave him time to do more damage with his Trident.

Poseidon stabbed Zeus' leg, and Zeus stabbed his arm, forcing Poseidon to drop his Trident.

Zeus tried to stab higher, but Poseidon used his shield to hit Zeus. Poseidon made a rope of water and grabbed his Trident, spinning it around and hitting Zeus on the leg, causing it to bleed.

The Gods are getting even more brutal. Zeus tried to stab Poseidon with his Thunder, but Poseidon deflected with his Shield.

Poseidon, noticing that he was noting doing much damage, retreated.

Then, Poseidon launched a water attack, and Zeus launched thunders attacks, all of them from distance.

After some thunder and water clash, Poseidon noted something weird, ' Zeus is being hit, but now not a single drop of blood was created.'

Realizing the situation, Poseido looked at Zeus and realized the King of the Gods was smirking, ' SHIT!'

Using the water from his emergency jug, he made a barrier around himself, then tried to launch some tridents made of water, but none of them hit Zeus.

''It's time to stop playing around!'' Zeus launched a big attack in the direction of Poseidon.

'' BOOM!'' 

'' BOOM!!''

'' BOOM!!!''

After the attacks stopped, Zeus noticed that Poseidon was still standing, all his body was injured, with blood flowing nonstop.

'' Well, this is a surprise! I attacked with all my powers, but you are still alive!'' Zeus then noticed Poseidon's Shield, '' Oh, so this is how you survived, but the shield dont look that good now.''

 Poseidon Shield, the one that Hephaestus said was the strongest around here, had dents here and there, and some holes.

Seeing that Poseidon was in no state to talk, Zeus grew bored of all this, '' Well, I guess this is it for you, Brother. You did good holding for so long, but you can never defeat me!''

Zeus was going to attack, but suddenly Poseidon smirked at him, '' Have I hit your head too hard, or you finally went crazy?''

Poseidon laughed weakly, '' I told you earlier. I don't need to defeat you... it is not my job.''

''It's his job!'' 

Right after Poseidon spoke, Kratos, who had just arrived, launched a surprise attack on Zeus, who didn't react in time and was hit, sent flying across his domain.

Kratos landed right next to Poseidon, '' ZEUS! RETRIBUTION HAS COME!''

114