67 – Preparations for War (1)
350 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Poseidon and Athena finished doing the deed, it was the morning of the next day.

'' I missed this.'' Poseidon was still embracing Athena.

'' Me too... But we can't stay like this. We need to get up.'' Athena kissed Poseidon.

'' Okay... 5 more minutes though.''

Athena smiled at her husband's antics. She got up first and put her clothes on. Poseidon did the same soon after. '' What are you going to do today?''

'' I'll be with Mimir and Thoth, seeing if we can learn anything from that book you bought us. Maybe I'll bring along some mortals alongside Sumnis and Neptune. And you?''

'' I'll oversee all other parts. See you soon.'' After kissing Atehna one last time, Poseidon went outside their house.

'' You should visit Dionysus, Aphrodite, and Demeter. You still haven't talked with them.'' Athena reminded Poseidon before he left.

'' Will do.'' Poseidon then departed.

Following Athena's advice, Poseidon first went to talk with his family. Dionysus and Demeter were together in their house, so he went there first.

Poseidon arrived at their door and knocked. Even though they must have sensed his arrival, it was a courtesy to knock on the door.

It didn't take long for someone to open the door. It was Hestia, '' Good morning. What brought you here?''

'' Good morning. I come to talk with Dionysus and Demeter. I didn't talk with them yesterday.''

Hestia let Poseidon enter their house, '' They know you're busy, so they didn't mind waiting.''

After Poseidon went to the living room, he found Dionysus and Demeter with their children, Hia, and Thans.

'' Poseidon!'' When Demeter noted Poseidon, she exclaimed, got up from the ground, and hugged him, '' It's good to see you.''

Poseidon returned the hug, '' It's nice that you're well.''

Dionysus also got up and came closer. '' I see you kept Hestia safe. I thank you for that.''

'' We are family, don't need to mention that.''

For the next 30 minutes, Poseidon put his conversation with the couple up to date. Hestia, Hia, and Thans just heard it and said nothing.

The kids were fascinated by what Poseidon told them, '' Mom, it's true he saved Uncle Hephaestus's soul from the Underworld?!''

Hestia nodded, '' He did.''

'' Amazing!''

Poseidon knew some time passed, so it was time to go,'' It was nice to see you all again. I'll go talk with Aphrodite now. See you soon.''

'' Bye!''

After that, he went straight to Hephaestus's house, to see Aphrodithe. Poseidon arrived soon after and knocked on the door.

Oepthus was the one to open the door, '' Good morning, uncle! What brings you here?''

Poseidon ruffed the girl hair, '' I'm here to see your mom. Is she home?''

Oepthus combed her hair, '' She is. Enter.''

Poseidon entered the house and Oepthus screamed, '' MOM! DAD! UNCLE POSEIDON IS HERE!''

The first one to come see Poseidon, though, was Luve. '' Uncle, it's true a giant Snake is coming here!? And there are people like Aunt Iris, who have wings!?''

Poseidon smiled at Luve, '' It's all true.''

'' Awesome!''

'' Luve, let me talk with Poseidon for a minute. You can stay and listen.'' Aphrodite arrived while Poseidon was talking with Luve.

'' Okay.''

Aphrodite starred at Poseidon. He immediately said, '' I'm sorry. I didn't manage to protect Hephaestus and -''

Aphrodite raised her hand, '' Don't need to say anything. Even though there were some obstacles along the way, he's here now, and that's all that matters.''

Posedion sighed, '' Thank you.''

'' Besides, you even brought back Pandora. All is good between us.''Aphrodite wasn't that mad anymore.

'' She grew up nicely, hasn't she?'' Poseidon didn't mind telling Aphrodite the truth about Pandora, ' For a person supposed to die, she's amazingly strong.'

'' She has. We have to thank Kratos for that.'' Hephaestus appeared out of nowhere, '' And she's back home now.''

'' Hey, give you some credit. You managed to protect her from Zeus for a long time.''

'' I wished I did more.''

Aphrodite took her husband's hand, '' We did the best we could at that moment.''

'' Thank you.''

After that, Poseidon talked some more with Aphrodite and left some time later, '' See you guys later. Hepheasuts, are you ready to start making the weapons?''

Hephaestus nodded, '' Pandora, Brok, Sindri and I will start teaching the mortals today.''

'' Will do.''

Poseidon left Hephaestus's house and went toward the place where the refugees from the Norse Realm were. ' I'll talk with Freya and Kratos, for them to start the training. Then I'll have to talk with Isis and have a conversation with Amaterasu about the Japanese Realm and Susanoo.'

Poseidon didn't forget about Susanoo, the God who was corrupted by Chaos.

---

Soon after leaving Hephaestus's house, Poseidon arrived at the bottom of Mount Olympus, where the refugees who didn't manage to be reallocated yesterday were.

He looked around for Freya, but he found Kratos first, '' Good morning.''

'' Morning.'' Kratos was already training Atreus and Angrboda in combat.

' It seems the upcoming war against Chaos made him start being more serious with Atreus training. Angrboda was lucky to be picked too.'

'' I see you up the training.''

'' It's necessary. War it's not a place for the weak.''

Poseidon slowly said, '' You can move up to Olympus if you want. We didn't touch your house there.''

Kratos hesitaded but noddded, '' I'll move there later.''

In this next part of the conversation, Poseidon said directly, '' Kratos, we might need your help with something.''

'' We?''

''Everyone here. We need someone to train the Mortals and even some of the Gods who don't have experience in battles. You and Freya were my options on who to teach. You can say no -''

'' I'm in.''

'' You are?'' Poseidon expected some resistance, but the immediate acceptance surprised him.

'' Poseidon, I know you lost your memories, so you only heard about wars, and maybe participated in small ones. But I participated in many of them, big, medium, or small, and the only thing I know for sure is that the more training people have, the more chances of them surviving and winning.''

'' So I don't mind teaching people. That will help the chances of my family surviving. Besides, our very existence is at stake here, everyone will have to do their part.''

Poseidon looked at Kratos gratefully, '' Thank you... Do you know if Laufey could teach about runes for some people?''

'' I doubt she would mind.''

Poseidon then said to Atreus, '' You have some cousin your age. If you want, you can play with them later. Just need to ask your dad to bring you to their location.''

Atreus looked at Kratos with shining eyes. '' Dadddddd!''

After leaving that mess for Kratos to clean, Poseidon said goodbye to Angrboda and left to look for Freya.

' I have to find a way to handle her.'

The place where Freya resided was near her people and the Valkyries. Freyr came closer when he saw Poseidon, '' Are you here to see my sister?''

The way Freyr talked was almost teasing. Even then, Poseidon nodded, '' Yes. Where's she?''

'' She will be here in a minute.'' Freyr suddenly smiled mischievously.

Poseidon got a bad premonition, but before he could stop Freyr, the latter screamed at the top of his lungs, '' FREYAAAAAAA, YOUR LOVER BOY IS HERE!''

Everyone around the area looked over at Freyr and when they saw Poseidon, they put 1 and 1 together.

'' So Freya and Poseidon are togehtre now?''

'' I don't know...''

Poseidon glared at Freyr.

'' What? It's the truth.''

Poseidon was about to say something, but Freya appeared in front of both, '' Follow me. Freyr, I'll deal with you later.''

Freyr gulped and watched his sister and Poseidon enter her provisional residence. ' I maybe made a mistake.'

----

AT FREYA HOUSE

'' So, what do you want to talk about?'' Freya sat on the ground and Poseidon did the same.

'' I need someone strong and experienced enough to train the Mortals and some of the weaker Gods. You and Kratos were perfect for that role.''

'' Hmmmm, he already accepted, right?'

Poseidon nodded, '' He did.''

Freya raised a finger, '' With one condition.''

Poseidon knew it wasn't going to be easy, '' Speak.''

'' Announce to everyone Isis and I are your concubines. Simple, right?''

Poseidon raised his eyebrows, '' But I thought we already went over this topic. You both already are.''

'' Yes, but the world doesn't know.''

Poseidon accepted right away, '' Consider it done.''

Freya smiled, '' Say, now that you came here... how about we do some light exercise?'

' What I don't do for my Realm...'

One hour later, a satisfied Freya and Poseidon got out of the house, '' When do you start the training?''

Freya put on her Valkyrie outfit, '' Now. I'll go grab Kratos and we will go over our training plan.'' She then kissed Poseidon in front of everyone in the area, '' See you soon.''

Poseidon watched Freya disappear in the distance. Freyr approached him in the meantime, '' Say, how about you let me out of the hook?''

'' I already forgot about that.'' Freyr's lit up. But Poseidon crushed him soon after, '' But your sister didn't. Good luck.''

Poseidon departed while Freyr was left crying.

----

Poseidon spent the next few hours making arrangements for everyone. Hestia and Laufey would help teach people to heal, Hephaestus and the rest will make weapons, Kratos and Freya would teach combat, Athena and Mimir would try to decipher Odin's book, and many others arrangements.

Now, he was at home writing something. Poseidon looked at the contents of the book and thought it wasn't enough, ' I'll put more information here each day.'

Thinking about the future, Poseidon smiled bitterly, ' I hope we can find another way.'

Athena suddenly appeared behind Poseidon and saw the book, '' What are you writing?''

Poseidon calmly put the book away, '' Something unimportant. Did you discover something?''

Athena could see Poseidon panicked a little, and knew what was in that book was important. But she didn't bring it up, '' We did. We assumed Evil was a Chaos plot.''

'' ... What?'' Poseidon was genuinely surprised, ' I thought it was just a plot convenience on the GOW universe. But it's from Chaos!?'

Athena continued talking, '' We found out the Greek Realm is the strongest because it was the first one to be created. The barrier was almost unbreakable, so when Chaos couldn't enter the normal way, they made a plan. They would corrupt the Gods, making them destroy each other and the Realm in the process.''

'' That's when Evil comes into play. Chaos waited for a chance when the barrier was weakened. And they found it when the Gods and Titans waged war on each other. Chaos sent Evil through a small gap in the barrier, but we managed to find it and contain it in Pandora's Box. But you know the rest.''

Poseidon nodded, ' Because of what Ares did to Kratos, Pandora's Box was opened and the rest is history.'

'' Evil came from Chaos and can corrupt all life forms. We saw its powers and what could do, we just never knew it was a Chaos plan. They almost managed to do it, but you came into play and their plans were ruined.''

'' What about the Flame of Olympus? Maybe we could use it against Chaos?'' Poseidon was happy they found new information.

'' We don't know yet, but it could work.'' The team composed of Athena, Thoth, Mimir, and some Mortals only deciphered a little of Odin's book and found about Evil. Imagine when they decipher all of it.

Poseidon rained kiss on Athena, '' You did amazing.''

'' I just did my part.''

Even though it was a nice atmosphere, Poseidon had to mention Freya and Isis, '' My love, I need to talk with you.''

'' Say it.''

'' I managed to make Freya willing to teach combat, but she wanted me to announce to the world she and Isis were my concubines.''

Athena answered right away, '' No problem. Do it tomorrow.''

''...''

'' I love you.'' Poseidon knew Athena was the best thing that happened to him since he arrived here.

'' I love you too.''

 


 

Thanks for the support!

13