80 – Epilogue
369 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A seed passed through a universe. In this universe, this seed saw many strange things. There were zombies in it, and it saw an incredible scene.

In a city, full of large buildings, a man, who looked no older than 25, was surrounded by thousands, maybe millions of zombies, and yet, he seemed unconcerned. The seed noticed that he was more angry than anything else.

''Today is the day you disappear!'' The man then began to make weapons appear out of nowhere in his hands and shot the nearby zombies.

BANG BANG BANG

With each shot a zombie fell, and it seemed that the man had no intention of stopping shooting them. One of the zombies came close but a sniper shot from a distance hit him in the head.

The seed and the man looked at the place where the shot came from. It was a spot high up in a nearby building, and it had more than one sniper.

The man nodded, knowing that the person would see this gesture, '' Thank you, Eve.''

Apparently, they had a radio and were communicating.

''No need to thank me, Jonathan. Just go ahead and put an end to this nightmare.''

BANG BANG

Two more shots from this Eve and two zombies close to Jonathan fell.

Then this Jonathan guy just kept walking in one direction. It looked like he wanted to get somewhere, but before the seed could see how the story would end, it was pulled to another location.


 

After a while, the seed found itself in another universe. There, she saw a man with an eye patch, handling a gun inside a car. Beside him, the seed saw a book with a very strange cover. It had contorted face on it, and it gave a weird feeling.

The car was parked in front of a bar in a large city. There were a few people around, and everyone was having a good time.

Ignoring this, the seed watched as the man got out of the car with the gun and went to the trunk of the car. Opening, the seed could see a shit ton of guns. The man took out more and more guns until he finally seemed satisfied.

Tucking the book under his arms, the man, armed to the teeth, entered the bar. No one called him, but he was here on a mission.

BANG

Immediately everyone's attention went to this man. He smiled, "Good evening, everyone! My name is Matthew Williams and I haven't come in peace. But don't worry, I don't kill humans. So anyone who isn't a demon is free to leave here.''

Silence. No one moved, but the atmosphere in the bar changed completely.

Matthew had expected this, '' Oh, well, I tried.'' Without giving anyone time to move, he raised his shotgun and shot the nearest person.

BANG

But the shot missed. The person who had dodged it suddenly began to change his features. From a normal face, it now had a demonic face.

'' WE WILL FEAST ON YO-'''

BANG

A shot hit this person in the head, and this time it seemed to do the trick, as she was sent flying and no longer got up.

Looking around, this Matthew noticed that everyone present in the bar now had the same demonic expression as the other. But instead of being afraid, the seed noticed that this Matthew was smiling, "Let's get this over with quickly. I have a date tonight."

The seed was excited to see the fight between the strange beings and this man, but again, the seed was pulled to another place in Chaos and could no longer see this universe.


 

Sometime later, the seed could feel she was in another universe. But, in this one, she felt danger. There was being here that could potentially put it in danger.

Regardless, the seed at that time was just a seed with no conscience, so she could only float in the direction of said universe.

When the seed could finally 'see' what was happening in front of it, she saw a man dressed in a green costume. He had a bow in his hands and he was facing a huge red person, easily 20 feet tall.

Regardless of being smaller than the red person, the man with the bow seemed unfazed, '' Trigon, we had this conversation many times. STOP TRYING TO KIDNAP RAVEN! She does not want to see or talk to you.''

The huge red person named Trigon said in a voice that made space tremble, '' And I said every time we met, I will get what I want.''

The person in the green costume sighed, '' Ok, ok ... wait, what is that?''

Surprisingly, the person who noted the presence of the seed was no other than the man in the green costume and not the red person.

Trigon smiled at that, '' Don't even attempt to fool me! I feel for it only one time- wait, what?''

When Trigon looked at where the man was looking, he too could see something. But even he, one of the most powerful beings in this universe could barely see it.

Trigon was surprised as he looked between the unknown object and the man in green, ' He noted that even faster than me! IMPRESSIVE!'

Regardless, Trigon's curiosity was piqued. So, he went to grab the defenseless seed, but an arrow hit his hand. It barely tickled him, but it made him stop.

'' What are you doing?''

PONG

'' Stop, you can't hurt me.''

PONG

PONG

PONG

Arrow after arrow hit Trigon, making no damage physically, but emotionally it was doing some damage.

A vein popped in Trigon's head as he roared, '' Stop infuriating me!''

The man in green surprisingly stooped. But Trigon noticed the man was smirking and had a bad feeling. Sure enough, when he turned around, the unknown thing that appeared was nowhere to be seen.

' I was fooled by this man, again!'

Feeling shame and fury, Trigon turned around once more to teach the man a lesson, but he noted he was getting pulled back to his world. '' Stop!''

The man smirked at Trigon, '' See you soon, father-in-law!''

After the man finished saying that, he disappeared from Trigon's domain. This made the demon trash everything around it, '' Danm you, Oliver! I'll teach you a lesson next time we met!''

Trigon totally forgot about the existence of the seed who somehow entered his domain, a thing very few people could do.

And said seed was once more floating in the vast Chaos, entering universes here and there.


 

In one particular universe, the seed saw a lone man, with what seemed to be a glow stick, facing 3 other people with a glow stick

'' Why are you doing this? With your abilities, you could've been much more important to the Galaxy! To the Jedi as a whole!'' One of the men shouted to the lone one.

The lone man smiled, '' The Jedi are a bunch of hypocrites! You hide in fancy palaces and spit out the 'importance of peace' while you let slavery, kidnapping, and rape, ran rampant in the galaxy! How could you call yourselves the protectors of the galaxy!?''

The 3 people looked at the ground, clearly knowing and agreeing with what the man was saying, '' You don't understand, this is necessary to-''

''Don't give me that crap!'' The lone man clearly had his moral code, and didn't bother to listen to the pep talk of the Jedi in front of him, '' The Jedi are a disgrace to the galaxy. And so are the Sith!'' Pointing his glowing stick to the 3 people in front of him, the man said, '' I'll make sure to destroy both factions, and there is nothing you could do to prevent that!''

The three people changed their gazes, and were now determined to finish off the man in front of them, '' You leave us with no options.''

The man said nothing more and prepared his stance, while the other people did the same.

"Come!''

Before he could see the conclusion of the fight, the seed was pulled back into Chaos, far away from this universe.


 

Time passed and finally, the seed sprouted. At first, it was slow, but as time passed, the seed gradually took and humanoid form.

Until, finally, the seed was no more. In its place, a bewildered Poseidon was looking around, '' ... What the fuck happened?''

He had his memories, he knew he had died. So, he had no idea how he survived. ' How ?'

Ignoring everything around him, Poseidon started to think about what happened, ' After I defeated Chutlhu, I closed the portal for good. Then detonated myself to kill the Chaos Creatures around. That should've been my end, so how ...'

'' I can answer that.'' Someone suddenly said, scaring Poseidon out of his wits.

Looking around, Poseidon could see he was somehow carried towards a bright and unknown place without him noticing anything.

After recovering from the surprise, Poseidon looked at where the voice came from.

There was no person there, just a ball of light. Not even when Poseidon used all his powers he was not able to see through it.

The light noticed that, '' Oh, I'm sorry. Let me change.''

The ball of light suddenly turned into a man, and while Poseidon didn't recognize it, he felt a familiar feeling coming from him. Hesitantly, Poseidon asked, '' Are you ... God?''

The man smiled, '' Took you long enough. Hello John, or Poseidon. Welcome to Heaven!''

Poseidon smiled bitterly, ' I just woke up from God know how long and met THE God. Amazing day.'

Soon after Poseidon recovered, God made a table out of thin air and invited Poseidon to sit with him, '' Sit. I know you're confused, but we have much to discuss.''

While Poseidon sat down, he could not help but recall Yggdrasil treated him the same way. God made some snacks and passed them to Poseidon while eating.

'' I know you're confused, so I'll let you ask first.''

Poseidon grabbed a biscuit in front of him and eat. He thought for a while before saying, '' What happened while I was gone?''

God smiled, '' Let me show you.'' He raised his hand and a cloud-like projection appeared in front of them. '' Yggdrasil made several realms, where some Gods rule over them, with compassion and kindness.''

There, Poseidon could see Kratos alongside Laufey. Both of them are overlooking a huge number of people training. Poseidon could even hear the conversation.

'' Where is Atreus?'' Katros asked Laufey while commanding the people training.

Laufey sighed, '' He prefers to call himself Loki. He and Angrboda went to explore the Between the Realms once more. They think it's possible that other realms formed naturally and went to check... You know his adventurous spirit.''

Kratos could only grunt in response. Atreus, or Loki, liked to explore. So much so that in the 500 that passed since the War, he already explore all realms he could. Now, he had ventured far beyond the normal scope and Kratos could not help but be apprehensive.

Laufey could sense that and she took his hand, '' Don't worry too much. He is trained by the best warriors we have. Angrboda is with him too.''

Kratos relaxed a bit, '' I know, I know. It's just that I will always see him as a child, and now he left home. It's ... a weird sensation.''

Laufey could feel that too, '' Indeed. But at least he grew to be a strong person... I think Poseidon would've liked this new Atreus.''

Kratos smiled, '' I like to think that too.''

Poseidon smiled at that and suddenly the scene changed. Now, he could see Freya with an unknown young man, '' Mom, please let me go. Atreus, and Angrboda already started the expedition!''

Poseidon's face changed and he looked at God as if waiting for an affirmation.

God nodded, '' Yes, this is your son. He's called Froton and is a free spirit. He wants to follow Atreus, as he thinks there could be a fight in the Between the Realms.''

Poseidon said nothing and continued watching Freya and Froton discuss.

It was clear as day that Freya would eventually compromise. Sure enough, Freya soon sighed, '' Okay, okay. You can go, but you have to bring your brother too.''

Froton paused. He hesitated for a second before reluctantly agreeing, '' I'll go call Baldur.'' While Baldur recovered slightly from his years of torture, he was still a somewhat weird person.

Freya smiled, '' I wish you luck.''

The scene changed once again, and this time Poseidon could see Ra with a girl he didn't recognize.

This time God said first, '' This is your daughter with Isis. Her name is Hope and she is the second in command in that new realm.''

There was no dialogue, but Poseidon could see that Hope looked bright and smart.

The scenario changed once more and this time, Poseidon recognized the person right away, '' Neptune and Minerva.''

Both of them are now grown up. Poseidon noted Nepute was seated on his old throne and knew he must have inherited from his mom, while Minerva was beside him, armed and protecting her brother.

But that made Poseidon question, '' What happened to Athena?''

''Don't worry too much, she is alright.''

The projection changed scenarios many times. Poseidon saw Mimir happy with Sigrun and their 2 kids. Amaterasu and Susanoo married too, and already had 5 kids.

Thor was alive and with Sif. Ratatoskr was with Yggdrasil.

Poseidon watched with happiness all of this. He was happy because after he left, people moved on and made their realm a better place.

After watching the projection for what seemed like a long time, God stopped it on Athena. Poseidon could see she looked sad and a bit lonely.

A pang of pain went through Poseidon's heart, ' I'm sorry I'm not there with you. But there was no other choice.'

While his decision did save everyone, it also brought pain to the one he love the most.

Suddenly, God asked, '' Do you want to go back?''

Turning his head so face his neck almost snapped, Poseidon stared at God, '' Could you do it?''

God smiled broadly, '' Of course I can, I'm God after all. But I must ask for a favor.''

Poseidon didnt hesitate, '' Say it.''

God already expected that answer, '' While I'm omnipotent, I also like peace sometimes. I want you to a cluster of Universe in the area nearby of yours. I'll give some of my powers so that you can do it more easily.''

Poseidon paused. That seemed too good to be true, ' He's giving me powers and just asking me to protect a small area? Sus!'

God read his mind and said, '' No strings attached. I only need your help taking care of that area. While you made sure Chaos could not attack your universe/realm, there are several others that need protection... Or did you think Cthulhu was the only threat there?''

Poseidon knew from the mythos of his old Earth, that there were several Elder Ones with the same powers or even stronger than Cthulhu. He said right away, '' I accept it!"

God smiled and raised his hand. Poseidon could feel his powers growing at a fast pace, '' I'll give you a portion of my powers. You can now make a universe if you want, and many other things. You can test them later.''

Sure enough, Poseidon was growing stronger by the second. In just 3 seconds, he was already long passed his peak powers. He looked at God with astonishment, '' With this kind of power you could easily destroy Chaos. Why do you let them do as they please?''

God smiled sadly, '' I protect some universe the best I could, but I can't actively intervene, or I risk the existence of all multiverse. I wished I could, but even the most powerful being in existence is bound by rules, that if not followed, threaten the entirety of existence.''

Poseidon wanted to ask more, but one look from God and he knew to not say anything.

'' I'll tell you later if you want. But now, '' God snapped his fingers, and the powers stopped flowing. By now, Poseidon was several times stronger than when he was at his peak power. '' It's time to send you home.''

God made a portal and Poseidon could see his realm on the other side. He looked at God, '' Can we talk more later?''

'' Of course. You have some portion of my powers, so you just need to call me. I have a lot of free time.''

Poseidon nodded and thanked God, '' Thank you. I can see my family once more.''

God shook his head, '' No, thank you. For protecting those beings, and accepting to protect more. It was an honor and a pleasure to meet you.''

'' Likewise.'' Poseidon gave one last look at God and passed through the portal.

When Poseidon left, God sat down on his chair and made several projections in front of him. Various universes were playing in those projections, and God passed his free time watching them.

He would not admit it, but the one with Poseidon was one of his favorites.

'' Now, let's enjoy.''


 

Athena was tending to the garden outside her house when she suddenly felt a familiar presence behind her and made her spin around in disbelief, ' Could it be?'

Sure enough, a portal appeared out of nowhere and a person passed through.

But even before that, Athena knew exactly who it was and began to cry. ' Love...'

Poseidon got out of the portal and stared at his beloved, '' I'm back.''

Athena rushed towards him and jumped on him. She was grabbing him tightly, '' Don't ever leave me alone again.''

Poseidon hugged her too, '' Don't worry. I'll never leave again ... we now have all the time in the world to be happy!"

 


No more chapters. I wish to thank you for the support, it's been an awesome journey for me, and I hope you enjoyed reading my fanfic!

You might ask, what happens next? Athena and Poseidon made a realm for them? Do Neptune ever get married? Well, I'll leave to your imagination!

13