chapter 2
382 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You two out now" Abel gave me and Siegren a smile but his eyes were anything but smiling.

"you had to interrupt us didn't you Abel?" Siegren didn't back off in face of Abel's menacing smile instead he challenged Abel which he didn't take too nicely.

"You're 10 years too young to try and challenge me boy" Abel grabbed Siegren by his collar and tossed him out of the carriage , he then turned around and looked straight at me.

"do i have to do the same for you or are you going to get out of this carriage by yourself?" not trying to get throw out the carriage i stepped out with my own two feet.

"Good girl, at least someone is listening. I expect nothing else from my daughter." Abel smiled as he said, almost as if he was genuinely proud that I got down from the carriage by myself.

"Abel i'm not a little girl anymore i hope you know that!!" I yelled back at Abel since my embarrassment was getting a hold of me. I just wanted to escape from this situation.

"Yes you are, you're my little girl" Abel patted my head almost like he was proving his point.'This is embarrassing!!' With that being the only thought in my mind I slapped Abel's hand off my head and ran towards the mansion's front door.

"running away won't stop you from being my daughter Fiona!!'' I heard Abel yelling behind me but I ignored it and ran to my room. Once I got there I barricaded the door.' ugh i'm not leaving this room until the ball!'

-----------------

"ahahhah, i can never get bored of her reactions!" Abel was holding his stomach as he watched Fiona run into the mansion.

"Abel, Fiona is going to hate you at this rate" i warned Abel about bothering Fiona so much since she might actually start to hate him.'and it's bothering me that he gets to do as he pleases and i don't'.

"I'm her father, she will never hate me. I'm this good looking after all" Abel smirked as he was praising himself. 'This is pissing me off'.

"i'm going to get ready for the ball" i excused myself and went towards the mansion so i can escape that narcissistic idiot.

" You better dress good Siegren or else you'll never get my daughter's heart after all the only one whose head over heels is you. Maybe it should be kept that way" as i was going through the front door i heard Abel and turned around immediately.

" What are you talking about?!?" I yelled at Abel hoping he didn't see through my desperate attempt to hide my embarrassment, but Abel was no longer in sight.

"That bastard" I mumbled under my breath and went up the stairs to my room to get ready for the ball.

-----------------

As the carriage rolled into the entrance of the palace I could see the beautiful building. I couldn't help but gasp at the building.

"It's so beautiful!!" Siegren looked out the window towards the palace with a stoic expression.' oh yeah this place was where he was chased out from of course he wouldn't like coming back here'.

"On second thought I think the Helion palace is better" Abel scoffed besides me as I blurted out anything that came to mind.

"Fiona, you think a palace filled with monsters to the brim is beautiful?" Abel shot at me after hearing me trying to make excuses.'Cant he see I'm trying here!?!'

"isn't the imperial palace the same thing?" before i can say anything Siegren interjected saving me from embarrassing myself.

"Touche" Abel admitted defeat, as we arrived at the entrance of the ball. Abel was the first to get down as the carriage opened.

"Well my lovely daughter, are you going to allow this handsome father of yours to escort you today?" Abel raised his hand towards me ready to escort me , accepting his offer and placing my hand atop of his.

" Fine, only for today will I accept you as my escort" I say teasingly , my little jokes earn me a scoff from Abel and a funny face from Siegren. The servant leads us to the door of the ball room.

"shall i announce your arrival?" the servant bows his head ready for the order.

"announce it" Abel only gives the servant a glance before pushing open the door.

"announcing the entrance of duke Abel Helion  , princess Fiona Helion and prince Siegren!!" all eyes turn to us the second the servant finishes.

"wow that's a lot of eyes on us , do they hate you that much Abel?" Siegren whispers jabbing at Abel 

"Very funny, you know the reason for all this attention right?" Abel shoots back, Siegren just smiles at the counter attack, Abel turns to me after making a sour face to Siegren reaction.

"Look around you Fiona, all these nobles are your future enemies" following Abel's command. I look around the ballroom when my eyes land on the second floor balcony. I pull Abel and Siegren closer to me.

"Hey, who is that Beauty on the second floor?!?!" Abel and Siegren look at me confused before looking up to the second floor balcony, when Abel eyes land on the spot I was talking about he immediately turns to me.

"out of curiosity can i ask why you want to know?" Abel asks me his face pale as a ghost , Siegren seems confused until I state the reason why I want to know.

" I think I'm in love!"

11