Chapter 6: False Accusation
53 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside the dining hall I saw Marvin eating his food while a naked lady lay strewn on the floor. I was enraged by what I saw to the point where I was overrun with emotion that I unconsciously shouted.

“OHY! What the fuck do you think you’re doing!?” I yelled at him. 

“Oh? You want to have your turn too? Go right ahead, she’s still a bit wet and tired though.” Marvin said with a lecherous grin. 

“What the fuck? You sick ass fucker.” I spat out as I charged him.

He quickly stepped aside and pushed me back. “Oh, c’mon man, I’m the hero, the protagonist of this World. You really think that someone such as yourself, a statless being, can stand up against me? Just be a good side character and accept my scraps.” Marvin said proudly.

“How the hell are you able to spout nonsense just after you raped someone!?” I spat out and turned at him again.

“Raped? My god, I did no such thing. In fact, I blessed her with the seed of the hero.” He said, “If you want a piece of her, then just tell me. I’m not selfish, I share what I have. Hahaha!”

He grabbed me by the arms and pushed me down on the maid. I managed to break free, but I was already on top of her, and Marvin continued to push me down.

“Please, no more.” she muttered as she looked at me with teary eyes.

I fought back against Marvin’s pushing until he finally relented. “Ah, fuck it, this isn’t fun anymore.” He said with a flat voice, “Well, I’ll leave you two lovebirds here now. You do your thing.”

After he said that, he stood up and left the room. Outside, there was still the group of servants watching along with my friends who looked at me worryingly. My friends were the first to rush inside as soon as Marvin left. I stood up and got off the maid, I took off my jacket and offered it to the maid.

“Please stand up and cover yourself with this.” I said to her as I handed her my jacket, but it seems like she still doesn’t trust me. Luckily for me, Cess and Rika were also there and when they handed her the jacket, she gratefully accepted it and used it to cover her bare chest. Cess then handed her jacket and tied it around the maid’s waist to cover up her crotch. It wasn’t perfect, but it should be enough to at least cover all privates.

Rika and Cess helped her stand up and supported her on both sides. “Thank you, milady heroes.” The maid managed to express her gratitude, but her eyes were still and lifeless.

Carlo, Kelvin, and I followed behind, and when we reached the doors, the servants there offered their help, but Rika and Cess refused. “Why did you not help her when she needed you guys the most?” Cess said, slight frustration could be heard in her voice.

The servants backed off, “I-it was o-one of th-he heroes, we cannot possibly do anything to stop or anger a messenger of the gods.” one of them answered. “Please let us help you.”

“No, we don’t need your help.” Rika admonished, “As a hero, I order you to let us be the ones to escort her back to the room. Just tell us where it is, and we’ll manage it from there.”

“If that is your will, milady.” The servant responded with a bow.

The servant taught us the way to the Maid’s quarters, it was located a floor above the dining hall. After getting the instructions, the group of servants cleared a path where we walked through

It took us a couple of minutes to reach the maid’s dorm. She let go of Cess and Rika and thanked them again. She said that she’ll be fine already and that we can leave, so we agreed to go back to the dining hall.

As we were walking, I turned around only to find out that she had not entered the room, but instead, she was standing on an open window. “WAIT! DON’T DO IT!” I yelled as I bolted to her.

My friends also turned around at the sound of my voice and saw the maid standing by an open window. Kelvin and Carlo also bolted, but I was ahead, and it was still not enough. Just as I was about to reach her, she jumped off. I looked down and saw her body falling, it was as if time had slowed down and I watched her lifeless eyes stare back at me the whole time, until she finally hit the ground.

With a dry thud, her body hit the ground and her head was bent at an unnatural angle. People below immediately gathered around the dead body and looked up and saw me peering down the window. Someone pointed at me and shouted, “Murderer!”

Wait, what!? I did nothing wrong! I retreated back inside only to find my friends out cold on the ground. I rushed to Carlo and Kelvin ‘s side and shook them, but they just wouldn’t wake up. “Hey wake up!” I yelled before rushing to cess and to Rika’s side and shaking them too, but it had the same effect with Carlo and Kelvin.

The door to the maid’s dorms suddenly burst open and a maid came out. She scanned the hall and when she spotted me, her eyes widened but managed to compose herself after just a few seconds, “What’s going on?” she asked.

Wait, isn’t she the maid I slept with? I asked myself. “My friends have been knocked out and a maid jumped out the window.” I answered.

She rushed to the window and peered down, “My gods be damned, that’s Krista.” she said. “Why did she jump off?”

“She was...“ I trailed off.

The maid turned to me and grabbed me by my arms, “Why did she jump off!? She’s a good girl and I don’t think she’ll just jump without reason. She still has a husband waiting for her.”

Marvin raped a married woman!? My anger once again soared up. “Marvin, raped her.” I answered.

The maid’s eyes once again widened, “The hero?”

“Yeah, that guy.” I said with a nod.

“How about your friends? What happened to them?” She asked as she pointed towards my friends.

“I don’t know.” I answered. “They just fell unconscious?”

“Let me call a few maids to help you carry them to your quarters. She said, “Oh, and by the way, my name is Anna. And if you want what happened last night to repeat, just give me a call.”

“I, uh-” I stammered, and before I can come up with a reply she already went inside the maids’ dorm where a bunch of maids came out just moments later. They picked up my friends and escorted me back to the heroes’ mansion. But along the way, my stomach growled again so I went to the dining hall and said that I’ll just follow along after eating.

I waited for the food to arrive, but when they delivered it right in front of me, I lost my appetite. I remembered what happened during this day. I woke up with a girl beside me, we got attacked by the archers, I killed someone then got knocked unconscious subsequently, my classmate raped a married woman and now that woman is dead. That’s a little bit too many deaths for a day.

+ + + + +

As the King and the court mage were walking along the castle hall, they found several servants running. The King called out to one of them and asked, “You there! What’s the commotion about?”

The servant who immediately recognized the King’s voice turned and knelt, “Your Majesty, there had been news that a maid fell from the castle and died.”

“Go on your way then.” The King said disinterested. The servant hurriedly stood up and went on his way.

“Your Majesty, do you not care about the dead maid?” Antonius asked.

“Why should I let myself be bothered with these mundane matters?” The King answered, “Besides, it’s not like you care about them either.”

“Fair point, Your Majesty. But what if it’s someone that’s part of your black cats?” Antonius asked.

“Bah, we can scout for new ones and train them again when that happens.”  The King answered. “Since we’re already in the topic of training, how do you plan on training those otherworlders?”

“I plan on training them for a week or two here in the castle grounds first before going to the dungeon town of Nareña. “I also plan to sign them up as adventurers so that they can participate in bandit subjugations.”

“Hmmm.” The King stopped walking and placed his hand on his chin, “Will a month be enough to do all those?”

“Truthfully, it is not, but as Your Majesty has said, we are up against time, and I need to get those otherworlders into shape.” Antonius answered. “As for the irregular one, if he can truly create those smaller “Vulkan Rods” then I need him under my control in order to equip the army with those weapons.”

“If only I can give you more time, but alas I cannot, I plan to resume my offensive after spring which is only about a month from now.” The King said, “As for the irregular, I’ll hand him over to you and you’ll be in-charge of him. Make sure that he’ll be of use.”

“By Your Will, Your Majesty. I swear upon the gods that your campaign would be successful because of the otherworlders.” Antonius said with a bow.

“As you should.” The king said as a matter of fact, “I expect only the best from you.”

“I will strive to achieve those expectations you have placed on me, Your Majesty.” Antonius said.

The two of them continued walking down the halls until they finally reached their destination. Little do they know that 2 different shadows have been listening on in what they are discussing. Despite not being detected by the King and Antonius, the two shadows had already detected each other and when they were sure that there is no other presence nearby, one of them emerged.

“Show yourself!”

“Oh, you will, in two weeks' time. Not here, but in Nareña.”

The shadow fled after he left his message while the other one continued on its way pretending as if nothing happened.

+ + + + +

A few hours later, just before dinner. A knight in his full armor barged inside the heroes’ mansion. He unsheathed his sword as soon as he was inside and yelled, “WHO AMONG YOU HEROES DEFILED MY WIFE!”

Servants of the mansion rushed to the entrance but hesitated to restrain the man once they saw his drawn sword. The man continued yelling until the otherworlders took notice and got out of their rooms.

“What’s happening outside?” most of them asked each other before going down the stairs where they saw the armed man at the entrance. When the man noticed the otherworlders who were going down yelled at them, “WHO AMONG YOU BASTARDS DEFILED MY WIFE!?” The man made his way through the servants and up the stairs before pointing his sword at one of the otherworlders. “TELL ME WHO IS IT OR YOU’LL GET IT!”

The otherworlder, Maria Angelica with a sword pointed at her throat began to sob and the boys behind her tried to defend her, “Hey get that thing away from her!” Richard yelled as he charged towards the man. But he was quickly cast aside, and he stumbled down the stairs.

“IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN DO!?” The man yelled, “BRING ME THE ONE WHO DEFILED MY WIFE AND THIS GIRL GET’S SPARED!”

 Everyone was silent at first but one of them, Jose, broke the silence and spoke, “It was Jan! He Slept with your wife!” he said before hiding behind one of his classmates.

“What the fuck!?” Jan said.

The man saw Jan’s reaction, “COME DOWN HERE YOU FUCKIN BRAT! YOU’RE NO HERO!” he yelled and slapped Maria in her cheeks.

“Hyah.” Maria squealed before sitting down and covering her cheeks.

+ + + Jan + + +

What the fuck man!? I grumbled internally as the man hit Maria, you’re wearing a damn glove for fuck’s sake, and you decide to hit a girl?

I glared at Jose as he cowered behind Joshua and mouthed to him ‘What the fuck do you think you’re doing!?’ to which he responded by hiding some more.

“GET THE FUCK DOWN HERE AND FACE ME LIKE A MAN!” The man yelled.

URGH! DAMMIT! DO I REALLY NEED TO DO THIS!?

He was about to hit someone again, so I hesitantly said, “Stop that! I’ll come down if you want to!”

“Jan! Don’t” Cess looked at me with teary eyes as she grabbed the hem of my shirt, “It’s not even your fault.”

“I’ll have to do this or else someone else would get hurt.” I said as I removed her hand. I turned to the man and locked eyes with him. “Go outside and wait for me.”

“FUCK NO! IF YOU WANT TO DUEL OUTSIDE THEN WE’LL DUEL THERE BUT I’M FUCKIN WAITING FOR YOU!” He retorted, so I just went down and stopped just a step away from him.

“I’m here now so let’s take it outside.” I said to him, I was expecting him to accept but what happened next shocked everyone watching.

He hit me with the back of his hand which caused me to lose balance and stumble down the stairs. As I was about to get up, he kicked me in the chest causing me to get thrown a couple more meters away before rolling to a stop. How the fuck is he so fast!? I think he fuckin broke my rib or something. I thought as I clutched my chest. I got up as fast as I could and faced the man again.

“Fight me like a damn knight would!” I yelled.

He ignored me and continued charging with his sword held high. “I’m no knight! And I’ll fight you like the monster you are!”

[Roll to the left...]

Huh!? There was that voice again, but since I had no other choice, I decided to follow it and roll to the left. And as soon as I rolled over, his sword struck the place that I was just in. That was fucking close. My fuckin chest hurts though.

The man continued his assault while I continued listening to the voice and dodged his every attack, but it was still a losing game for me as I do not have anything to counter, and my ribs hurt with every movement that I make.

Dammit, if only I had the gun that I have back then!

[Summoning Colt Model 1911 for 20 experience points...]

A swirl of light gathered on my palm again, just like last time. The man paused his attack for a second as he saw the light, he jumped backwards and assumed a defensive pose as if preparing for my attack. Seconds later the lights dissipated and was replaced by a gun, I gripped the gun with two hands and placed my index finger on the trigger guard.

The man was cautious and held his defensive pose, I aimed the gun at him and shouted, “Stop right now! I’m not afraid to use this!” I kept the gun aimed at his center mass, I thought that I’d be a bit more nervous, and THAT my hands would be shaky. But for some reason, I was perfectly calm, and my hands were as still as they could be. Could this be because I already killed a man? Or is it because of the voice in my head?

As our stand-off continued, the doors suddenly burst open again with a loud thud. I accidentally squeezed my finger, good thing I had it on the trigger guard, so the gun didn’t go off.

“STOOOOP!” Someone yelled, both the man and I looked at the direction of the voice. There I saw Anna standing between the open doors, and behind her are several armed men. “Heinrich! He is not who you seek!”

“WHO THEN DEFILED MY WIFE!” the man, Heinrich, demanded. “TAKE ME TO HIM SO I CAN TAKE HIS HEAD AND AVENGE MY WIFE!”

“You can’t.” One of the men who came with Anna said. “He is still a hero, but I assure you that he will face severe punishments.”

“NO CAPTAIN!” Heinrich shouted, “I WON’T BE SATISFIED WITH SEVERE PUNISHMENTS! I WANT HIS HEAD.”

“Then you leave me with no other choice. Men! Draw your swords and arrest that man.” The captain ordered.

The other armed men hesitated at first, but eventually drew their swords while they apologized. “Sorry Heinrich, orders are orders.”

But before the men could move in to arrest Heinrich, someone entered the mansion. “Hello everyone, I have returned to the mansion!” He announced. Ah great!

2