Chapter 13: Daphne’s Not-So-Pleasant Memories
80 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13: Daphne's Not-So-Pleasant Memories

Then Dora and Amrin who was quiet for a while said to Daphne with a smirk on the former's face "By the way Daphne. How do you find yourself in Dan's lap".

Daphne says "What-" and stops after that as she realizes where she is sitting right now and then her face reddens again.

Then I lift her and put her beside me. After a while when Daphne got comfortable with me I removed the wards around our compartment as it was already time for the train to depart.

Just as I remove the wards we hear a commotion from the platform and on looking at the platform through the window in our compartment the crowd that has come to see off their kids to Hogwarts was surrounding a family with four members.

As Daphne looks at the family at the center of the commotion she says with pity in her voice "Poor Eli, she didn't like to be the center of the crowd but being Harry's sister she is always surrounded by them."

Daphne has an honest and straightforward character, but she always hides it behind her cold expressions in front of people that are not a part of her family.

She was also like this during our first meeting, and a little colder when it concerns the health of her sister.

After I started Astoria's treatment, Daphne has been smiling more and more and is expressing more emotion but only in front of her family, me, and Dora.

On hearing Daphne's comment just now I asked her "What do you mean?"

Daphne who was standing near the window to get a clear view of the platform looks at me and as she walks towards the seat beside me, she says "I am talking about Elizabeth Potter, she is the twin sister of Harry Potter The-Boy-Who-Lived."

After sitting beside me she continues "She and I have been childhood friends since our mothers were friends from school time. So she sometimes comes to my home with her mother and brother, and I despise the latter due to his arrogance and how he doesn't care about others."

Then she suddenly got angry as she clenched her fist to the point they became completely white and only after I wrapped my hands around her waist, did she stop clenching her fist.

Then she took some deep breaths and then looked at me and said "Thank you, I remember some not-so-happy memories from my childhood."

Still Wrapping my arm around her waist I said to her in a gentle voice "You know you can tell us if you want as we just accept you in our family. So we have the right to know if there is something that is disturbing you."

"Yes, he is right," Dora said.

Then Amrin also flew from Dora's Lap and landed on Daphne's head and started patting it with her wings as she tried to console her.

"Haha, Thank you everyone you too, Amrin," Daphne said with a smile.

"Well, three years ago when Elizabeth, Harry, and I were playing in the living room with Astoria sitting on one of the sofas playing with her toys. Then mom suddenly called me and Elizabeth to her room, so we asked Harry to take care of Astoria and left the living room." Then Daphne took a break for a second, at that time Dora and I had a bad feeling about what was coming next.

Then Daphne continues "When we returned, we saw Astoria running after Harry with tears in her eyes, and then she suddenly collapsed on the floor in front of our eyes.

Seeing that I run to check on her and when I reached near her I heard her saying while crying "R-return it *sob*my toy *sob* return..". When I lifted her in my arms her whole face and eyes were red.

Then I looked towards Harry and saw Astoria's favorite toy in his hand. Then I looked at him and on seeing me looking at him he threw the toy away and said "I don't know anything."

Hearing that I got angry as I had told him and Elizabeth both about Astoria's weak health due to the curse and even after knowing that he did something like that to her.

And when I saw Astoria's state again I got even angrier, my magic got out of my control and I send a magic blast towards him and which resulted in him flying backward and struck the wall behind him and then I don't pay attention to him and called Titu and ordered him to carry Astoria and me to my room and contact Father and mother about Astoria's health."

"When mother came to know about this all, she quickly called our family doctor and came to my room. When the doctor arrived, he told them that Astoria's body has gone under extreme stress and her mind has gone through extreme mental exhaustion. It took her a month to recover from that.

After that, Harry was also hospitalized due to my attack but even after all this, that scum had the confidence to say that it was not his fault and he also accused me of attacking him out of nowhere.

My parents were really angry about Harry's behavior so they banned him from ever again coming to our house or coming in contact with me and Astoria.

In all of this, Elizabeth was the one who got the biggest punishment as I was her only friend and due to her brother's behavior our friendship also got affected and it's still affected to this day"

As Daphne ends her story, I already place her back into my lap and stroke her back with my hand as Dora pats her head with Amrin. And to prevent others from disturbing us I again cast come wards around our compartment.

After a bit of a while, Daphne got normal after I used a little White magic to calm her down.

I have also stacked up some chapters, check them out on my Patreon.

15 Advance chapters on my Patreon: If you are intrested, then check my Patreon 

3