Zyos 03: – A Backstory is Necessary!
402 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The blinding red light vanished as he blinked, finding himself in a... Cell? 

Welcome to the World of Evillra. 
You are now - Zyos, the Forsaken. 

As a child, Zyos was abandoned by his parents for being a Ghra-Ken under the foot of the Eyl-Av'yth Gashuul, the most deadly dungeon of the Call-Avith Continent which homes many of the Beastfolk. However, contrary to their belief, the baby was not devoured by the monsters but thrived as it was seen as part of the Dungeon by the Dungeon itself. As a Ghra-Ken, Zyos possessed power from the Ancient Evil which meant he was part of the Dungeon. He grew among monsters and was sheltered by Eyl-Av'yth Gashuul herself, the Dungeon Core. 

She was enthralled by the small creature that possessed such potential... She fed him the blood of monsters and meat of mortals, and he grew knowing only how to fight. However, when he reached the age of 8, the Eyl-Av'yth Gashuul was conquered and she was slaughtered by the hands of the mortal Hero of the Human Empire of the Continent of X'yalith known as Valery Esilph. She saw the poor creature there found, her eyes caught his marks that gave the same feeling a Ghra-Ken gave to its onlookers and she decided to raise him as her own.

However, such thing was met with the disgust and rejection of every single noble of the Helevian Empire, and after a coup, they seized the child and declared Valery Esilph a traitor of the human race. She fled but took with her the poor child, she did not live long after a powerful Necromancer under the control of the Helevian Empire cast upon her blood a curse that withered her life-force.

At her final moments, she collapsed before an orphanage at the far end of the Queendom of F'yloth on the Elven Continent of Velshya, in a small isolated village by the name of Savaleer. She begged the owner and only caretaker, Ylto Von Exuvy to take care of the child, and before collapsing upon the ground she named him: Zyos Zearen Zavyr - Of the Ancient Elven language of the only standing kingdom of Klavarin, meaning: To Plant, To Grow, To Bloom.

Adrian - Or, rather, Zyos Zearen Zavyr - found it a great backstory... But why did he need such backstory? As far as he knew, player's characters don't get a backstory? He kept on reading:

Under the... "care" of the stoic and sometimes cruel Ylto Von Exuvy, Zyos Zearen Zavyr grew to be a stoic and serious young Bear-Folk. Always taller and stronger than the younger kids, Zyos was put to work to keep the youngsters fed, but due to his Ghra-Ken being, he was deemed as "untrustworthy" by many and outright "evil" by others. Zyos was ever silent, he taught himself how to write and read, as well as basic Mathematical equations he saw being used by others daily at any work he could find, being paid absolute garbage for his work. 

Zyos learned many skills as he grew, well, mostly skills that came with his race. His height and scary appearance was easily used to his advantages, Intimidation was something he was natural at. Fighting was on his blood, the earth was something he loved because it was the only thing that never left him no matter where he went. At the age of 15 he killed his first beast (That he remembers of) and went to sell it, but no ome bought it. At the age of 18, someone stole from the orphanage he lived and set it on fire, killing all the children that relied on him- Although many were scared of him and some outright disliked him, they were the only family he had. He awoke his [Beastial Transformation] that same day and slaughtered the culprit of this crime, a known thief by the name of Karlos. He did not resist imprisonment, now he is waiting his sentece that has already been decided.

Exile. 

Oh. That's sad.

Zyos shook his head, looking down he could see his enormous body in this tiny and uncomfortable cell, the bars were small but looked really frail- He huffed annoyed, his senses were really strong because he could hear the guards from afar whispering as if they were talking close to him: 

"I mean, he did tear the guy in half..." One of them said.

"I couod care less." The other groaned. "One less criminal to care about... But i agree, he did tear the guy in half with bare hands."

"Bear hands." The third snickered- His voice sounded younger, Zyos cringed at the bad pun before he looked around. There was breathing on the cells to his right, meaning there were other inmates besides himself. "Oh shit, here it comes." The same young guard spoke before Zyos heard a female stern and serious voice announce: "The sentence has already been determined. According to the lack of criminal record of the Ghra-Ken, it has been decided by judge Nekyth that the best punishment for the murder of Karlos, known criminal that has been apprehended numerous times, is exile." I mean, exile for murder was a really heavy punishment because the village of Savaleer is isolated from the near outside world, kilometers away from the nearest town. 

Considering the dangerous beasts that live in the woods outside of town, it is almost a death sentence to anyone! The Elven Continent of Velshya is full of forests, but the forest on the outskirts of Savaleer's borders is known as the Broken Oath, and the story behind its name is a bit dark- To summarize it, it was named after an event upon the previous King of the Elven Empire of Klavarin, where the King broke his promise to the God Bryn, from such broken oath the forests of his kingdom were cursed to bear dark and powerful beasts, and after the great effort of Queen F'yloth Aramanthy, only a small part of the forests of the Continent of Velshya are now cursed. 

"Well damn. Ghra-Ken or not, he is fucked." The voice of the first guard cursed, Zyos listened as three footsteps approached, and after a minute they arrived at his cell- Two guards and the woman he heard before, she wore this grand grey and light yellow gown with the symbol of the Hand of Aramanthy, the justice system of the Continent of Velshya. 

"Zyos Zearen Zavyr-" The woman lifted her eyebrows a bit after speaking his full name, making Zyos (Adrian) confused for a second, only his face continued stoic and nothing appeared in his face: "You are hereby declared guilty of the murder of Karlos-" Zyos couldn't help but snicker, from the memories he received from the game, he sure did kill the guy! When he entered his [Beastial Transformation], his body grew to an almost gargantuan size full black bear before he tore the guy in half!: "-As per law, you are hereby given the right to receive a basic exile kit. You are prohibited from joining civilization again." Oh, did i mention that exile in the Velshya Continent meant that he was, by law, not allowed to enter any city of the Queendom of F'yloth! He was forced to live in complete isolation, away from any way of getting a class (Since he needed to speak to NPCs to get a class, or an item to unlock a class that he needed to buy) and getting anything from any Elven city ever again. 

"Sure." The moment he spoke, it sounded deeper and more growling than he expected- Also, in his humble opinion? Sexier in a weird way. "Where is it?" Seeing that the difficulty from the hame from 1 to 10 in an instant, he decided to make best of what he has before deciding if he wanted to log out and create another character. The woman huffed annoyed before throwing him a ring- The moment he picked it up, it morphed and went into his finger, fitting him perfectly. "Her holy majesty in her infinite grace has given you criminal scum the joy of receiving such wonderous gift." 

Ring of Holding: (Cursed)
Capacity: 10/10
Description: A weak magical ring capable of storing 10 items within, the max weight of said item is 10 Kilos (22 Pounds) and maximum size is 1.5 Meters (5 Feet).
Curse of Attachment: You cannot remove this item naturally. 
Curse of Scrying: Your location is always known by the creator of this ring.

Inventory:
[1]: Rations (10 Kilos)
[2]: Leather Armor -Enchanted-
[3]: Copper Sword 
[4]: Fireplace Starter Kit
[5]: Sleeping Tent 
[6]: Poor Quality Cooking Tools
[7]: Basic Herbs (10 Kilos)
[8]: Basic Tools Kit
[9]: 100 Coppers Coins
[10]: [Exile Sentence Papers: 5 Years]

It was quite clever of this Queen to give cursed rings that cannot be removed and also tells the location of the wearer at all times. "Your exile sentence is 5 years, where upon, if alive, you'll be permitted to come back to society." The elven woman huffed as Zyos sighed internally, he decided to just log out and create another character- he opened his [Configurations] system and began walking out as the cell was opened by the guards who gave him a wide berth so he could walk. Zyos, however, saw something- Or rather, the lack of it.

There was no [Log Out] option.

18