8 Map
93 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon his lap was a general outline of mandatory military academy attendance that encompassed all ranges of peerage, be it members of the royal family, dukes, earls, counts, viscounts, barons, commoners and serfs. 

Within the brochure, it shortly detailed the academies that currently existed upon the continent.

The kingdom of humanity, Del Lagos was the first to suggest and build their academy, which was situated just outside the capital city. A location that boosted tourism and trade to the heart of their kingdom, whilst being far enough that spies and villains couldn't damage the capital.

This academy accepted everyone, regardless of their race or species.

"Huh?"

 

Aevraury, a duchy that deemed itself a kingdom, where house Dignitas was located, had no academy of their own and thus could only send their children to Del Lagos' academy.

 

Via Marea, the kingdom of elves was second to build theirs, which wasn't much of a new structure, but more of utilizing an old-building and changing its utilization and purpose. The elven academy accepted only those of elven-heritage, keeping to themselves their swordsmanship and healing spells. Whist they were very highly isolationist in nature, quite a number of their young would chose to enrol in Del Lagos' academy either for fun, or to follow in the footsteps of their ancestors who had also once sworn fealty to human noble houses.

 

Ignis, the kingdom of dark-elves was third to build their academy, which housed only magical talents who could bring forth mage-spells or the ability to summon. Their young, who were found inadequate and untalented in their values were sent to Del Lagos' academy to learn swordsmanship.

 

A kingdom far up north, Draftt, the land of giants was fourth to build their academy. In accordance to the obligation every kingdom held to foster and train new talents, in preparation for any external invasion that might occur, in addition to clearing and resetting the dungeons that were sprouting up on a regular basis. Whilst they had opened their academy up to all races and species just as the human kingdom did, no one but giants attended and enrolled. Due to the actions of their ancestors back during the war that effected every kingdom upon the continent.

 

The fifth kingdom, a kingdom of dhans, who dominated and lived on Bahran Island up north, only bothered to build a small academy of their own, which resulted in many of their young failing to enter it and thus being sent to Del Lagos. Due to reaching their maximum capacity on a yearly basis, they simply took an apologetic stance and declined anyone who didn't carry their blood.

 

Finally, the Theocracy with the shortest history, the Theocracy of Sol. A territory situated within the very middle of the continent, built to house and host all and everyone regardless of their race or species. Rather than a royal family, a monarchy to govern them, their head of state belonged to the church who's grand military and templar order was the very vanguard of the world. Endeavouring to protect everyone as the largest dungeon was located within the heart of their city.

Having the most hostile and dangerous territory, the majority of mandatory active military service was spent in their territory. Which also attracted the majority of would be mercenaries and adventurers, people who were in abundance. A result due to the people finishing their 6 years of mandatory obligations, and finding them lacking of a goal or purpose, thus continuing with their lifestyle of fighting beasts and monsters.

 

 

g2fnbVl.jpg

 

Unsure whether he understood everything that was outlined within the handmade brochure, prepared for him by dearest Melody herself. Artemis couldn't help but massage his temples as he failed to understand what Giants and Dhans referred to.

Having already accepted the world to be a living-fantasy, elves, dark-elves and monsters no longer surprised him. But trying to conjure up images of giants or dhans in his mind required greater willpower, or perhaps a brain more inclined towards creative-arts.

"How big are we talking here? Like Jack and the green-stalk giants or what?"

 

Snapping the young-boy our of his imagination, his door swung open as a boy taller than him by a few inches entered without permission.

"Dearest useless, scrawny waste of a space brother of mine. How are you? I heard you managed to survive your first battle, by hiding behind father's knights and under the bed within your little dark hole."

 

Artemis blinked a few times, failing to recognise the boy who sported short blonde hair, blue eyes and clothing of much higher quality than the ones available to him. 

Arthur Dignitas, the second born of house Dignitas raised an eyebrow in confusion, as his older brother maintained eye-contact. In fact, more than that, Artemis was scrutinizing him from head to toe, as if he were the better man.

Performing a sluggish punch, which Artemis easily dodged by just leaning back. Arthur staggered back before calling forth a ball of flames, that danced over his palm as his other hand pointed at him.

"S-see this! You want to eat this huh!?" "What the hell!? He's usually scared shitless and begging on his knees by now!?"

 

Whilst the fireball was incredible to look at, as it was the very first time Artemis was experience magic before his very eyes, the fact that the little ball of fire was just about bigger than a cigarette-lighter's flame was disappointing. And that emotion was clearly evident upon his face.

"Is that it? does it get any bigger?" "If that's the best magic can do in this world, then I guess I'll become a swordsman after all..."

 

Unsheathing a dagger out from under his pillow, Artemis rose in confidence, facing the boy who was annoying him greatly. And although the dagger he held was actually just a letter-opener, it could still inflict pain and suffering if utilized in ways unspeakable to men.

 

Arthur lost concentration over his spell, allowing the flame to distinguish as he questioned just who exactly was the boy before him.

"Look kid, I've no time to play your silly game. Bugger off or this is going up your arse!"

 

Artemis took another step back, as his little brother equally took a step back. However, before he could grab the boy by the shoulder, his two loyal knights armed to the teeth entered and clutched Artemis' wrist with a vice.

"Young lord, may I ask what exactly where your intentions?" Without their usual bucket-helms, the knight clearly shifted his gaze from his palm, and the letter-opener.

 

"I-I'll remember this you trash!" Arthur ran out, and with him, the knights also left. Ignoring Artemis as if he were but a passing thought.

 

 

 

..

 

 

 

"What a nice family I've got here..."

5