9
91 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Staring at her lord as if he had either gone crazy, or was suffering from a fever, Melody clasped the boy by the cheeks and planted her forehead onto his, checking his temperature.

Feeling highly uncomfortable with such closeness, Artemis pushed her away by the shoulders before repeating his orders once more.

 

"Melody, sell them. Sell them all for as much money as you can get. Please don't question me and just do it."

Upon his desk were his prior-self's beloved and cherished collection of master artwork, depictions of naked women of all shapes and sizes, drawn in high-quality sketches that captured their essences as steamed-buns, melons, watermelons and an assortment of flowers filled the stack of books.

"I don't need this crap, what I need is money, either for armour, for a sword, or even for general items like food to fuel muscle-growth. I don't need it, so sell it before we leave."

Having studied the general lay of the lands, the barony he was currently situated in was regarded as a countryside to those who lived within Del Lagos. Which was a consensus even he agreed with, as there was hardly anything noteworthy in Morrisen, if one ignored the trees, the farms and the untouched fields yet to be claimed by human hands.

As such, it was of great importance to sell his unwanted research material, to men of culture who couldn't afford to travel to Del Lagos, and the heart of the kingdom Einhoren, to purchase such luxuries, but could still somewhat cough up enough silver for second-hand goods.

As he was certain that such books would be easily accessible and perhaps even costing only coppers to acquire in a capital city. Thus, holding less worth and obtaining less-silver if he were to sell them in Del Lagos, instead of in Morrisen.

 

Having sent the maid out with highly-cultured artwork, he seated himself at his desk to continue brainstorming and noting down targets and goals.

One particular annoyance to him was that whilst the world was one of magic, swords, monsters and dungeons, they didn't rely upon electricity as energy. Instead, the buildings and structures utilized mana-crystals that came in sizes ranging from a small marble, to even sizes that was bigger than a hippopotamus.

Acting as the main energy source throughout the known kingdoms, the smaller variants were utilized as natural light sources, as they naturally emitted illumination at strengths better than a candlelight could. And whilst they couldn't run throughout the entire month without stop, in correspondence to their size and quality. The royal scholar explained within his book that they would naturally recharge by absorbing remnant energies within the atmosphere that was invisible to the human eye, just like oxygen and carbon dioxide.

Whilst there were no fridges or freezes that ran on a framework of copper, nuts and bolts. They did utilize containers that were crafted with crystals enchanted with the element [Frozen] 

 

Thankfully, they had working western toilets and a optimized sewage system that would receive regular maintenance and cleaning in magical-capacity. And perhaps it was due to this world's obsession over magic, crystals and the dungeons, that the kingdom's treasury was always utilized on departments not of engineering and electrical in nature. Thus, this world had no equivalent of Thomas Edison, or Nikola Tesla.

 

Veering his thought process back on track, and away from the mundane, Artemis tapped his index finger upon a sketch, one of many depictions within a catalogue that was delivered to all noble houses whenever the company had an update on their available wares.

 

[Storage Ring] 
Rank:
Store up to 10 individual items within the pocket dimension

[Storage Ring] 
Rank:
Store up to 20 individual items within the pocket dimension

[Storage Ring] 
Rank:
Store up to 30 individual items within the pocket dimension

 

Item storage, something he believed to be essential to his survival within a world filled with threats. However, looking at the costs of said enchanted rings was quite troublesome. As their price ranges more than doubled upon entering the next rank, and food was already in low supply as the household had no businesses or ventures of their own to speak off, apart from living of the hard work of the villagers.

In an attempt to persuade himself into making such an investment, he convinced himself that having to carry no additional weight upon his back, no luggage that would encumber and restrict him, during travels and life in general was a must. As he could then afford to carry supplies such as, emergency disinfectants, band aids, food, water and even camping tools.

 

Still sitting upon the fence in regards to his family, as he would leave the final decision to whether he should embrace them as his new family or not to later, as he felt that it was perhaps too soon to conclude and judge them upon their miniscule interactions. He hoped and prayed that his supposed little brother Arthur wasn't a narcistic piece of shit, and perhaps was only going through puberty and the infamous rebel stages of life.

However, even with such optimistic thoughts, as having a family that helped and supported him would definitely be more ideal than without, if Arthur were to ever overstep his boundaries and draw blood, then brother or not, someone was going to get hurt.

 

A slight headache struck him in the temples, as his vision momentarily blurred, failing to recall the smiling faces of his own real family like they had been blurred out, his line of thought was interrupted entirely. Deterred from entering memory-lane, whilst his stomach growled and rumbled once more in hunger.

 

"I... I'm here for a reason right? There's something I must do correct? If not, with what rational-thought or logic could I use to explain what has happened to me? Or to me soul?"

 

His eyes shifted to the wooden sword he had kept as a souvenir.

 

 

"Whatever it is, I better prepare myself..."

 

 

Thus, Artemis made his second visit to the training hall, ignoring the blisters and calluses that were forming across his palms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

..

 

 

 

[Artemis Dignitas: Lvl 3]
[Title: Useless Trash]

4