10 Path
244 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Please vote.
  • Harem Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harem + Smut Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Smut Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No harem, no smut Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 11

"So, you're saying that if I want to learn enchantment, I would have to rank within the top ten of the academy, to prove myself talented and gifted enough to catch the attention of the royal family themselves to receive permission to even begin diving into that department?"

"That is correct." Seeing as Artemis appeared more gifted in swordsmanship over magical-fields and knowledge in general, Melody didn't place too much thought into this particular question, as it was merely one of dozens that he had been throwing at her.

 

Massaging his sore triceps, and covering his torn-blisters with bandages to prevent infection, Artemis continued to brainstorm up ways to make money. Regardless of his position within the household, and the uncertain future that loomed over him, it was abundantly clear to him that money was of high importance to his survival.

As he was considered to be an adult, he was in fact allowed to open up his own company or business, if he had the funds to do so that is. However, after burning the midnight fuel analysing the catalogue, and realizing that the majority of items he had thought of already existed within this world; ketchup, mayonnaise, clothing-designs, board-games, card-games and even pizza. He was honestly stumped, as such, rather than trying to invent and sell items from modern day Earth, as he was no Einstein, he decided upon the next optimal path to wealth and stability was to become an enchanter. As surely, all those magical accessories and weapons he had seen sketched upon the pages must've been enchanted by a powerful mage right?

However, with his inadequate ability to hunt for vital information, information privy to only those in the need to know, the kingdom's enchanter's identity was quite the secret. As such an ability naturally correlated to a kingdom's military strength, as the quality of their armies, their military forces and such would receive enchanted weapons and armour, advantages akin to bringing a gun to a knife fight. And as such, enchanters were highly regarded, treated like VIPs.

 

As for the magical fields, since his system was yet to reveal any indication of him being capable of utilizing magic, he could only pray that his spontaneous situation would prove itself to be meaningful, and that he was indeed special or talented. He even started praying at night, praying for magical capacity, or a God-given talent of such.

If all else fails, at the very least he would still aim to master swordsmanship and perhaps either rise through the ranks within the military to increase the kingdom's stipend to house Dignitas, as his very presence and commitment would increase the value of his family, regardless of peace or wartime status.

Having lived and experienced a life many considered to be spartan-like, adhering to a strict diet for optimal bodybuilding and health, a regulated schedule to maximize rest and recovery whilst also attending work at the office without fault, and foregoing luxuries, party and clubbing invites that only hindered and lessened his efficiency. As what little time was left to him was spent enjoying his hobbies and passions. If all it took to achieve a stable and peaceful life, was to continue his prior lifestyle for just another 3 more years of dedication and learning, then by all means he would endeavour to do so.

And having an advantage like his in life, being of nobility, he naturally felt inclined to not waste such an opportunity most others would spend their lives wishing for.

 

 

[Artemis Dignitas: Lvl 3]
[Title: Useless Trash]
[Skills unlocked:]

[Beginner Swordsmanship]
6% boost in One Handed Sword damage

[Stamina]
1% boost in Stamina

 

Considering how he thus far had two skills that implied an inclination towards melee over magical, perhaps his body was indeed gifted with weaponry over casting fireballs like Arthur.

 

Melody continued to gaze into his skinny-face as he once more dived into a world of his own, lost in thought. Once more, the maid was quite pleased with his change of heart, and growing desire to better himself and his family's financial situation. Because, if both brothers fail to show aptitude worthy of nobility, there was a high chance of their title being stripped away due to inadequacy. And whilst she could fall back to her own village, to find employment elsewhere, she didn't feel so confident in the Dignitas family as they appeared to have no aspirations or ambitions, albeit enjoying life and vice.

Having reached such a line of thought, a single lightbulb popped up within her mind.

 

"W-what if, my lord ends up becoming my servant instead? If house Dignitas falls, I can hire him and take him with me no? T-then... Then I'll have him cross-dress in a maid's uniform!"

 

When her little daydream ended, and she was satisfied with imagining Artemis crossdressing. As he honestly didn't appear manly at all, considering how little muscle mass he had upon his scrawny bones. She was surprised to see him staring right back at her, a single brow raised.

 

"Melody."

"Y-YES!?"

 

"Who are you loyal to? House Dignitas and the head of the house, Nicholas Dignitas. Or to me and me alone? Artemis Dignitas."

 

"Officially, I am loyal to your father. And if he were to order me to do something, as long as it isn't a crime, I must obey. If you desire me all to yourself young lord, then you'll have to purchase me from your father. Or, to be precise, the contract that binds me to Nicholas Dignitas and his house."

 

"I see... Thank you for being blunt." "Damn, so I can't have her manage any businesses whilst I'm away? Not without the risk of someone tampering and taking the profits as Nicholas' authority supersedes mine..."

 

Flinging a leather coat around his shoulders, and strapping the iron-sword to his hip, he turned to leave the manor.

 

"My lord? Where are you going? You'll be leaving for Del Lagos tomorrow, and it's already quite late now."

 

"The fields behind the manor belongs to my family correct?" Gazing out through the window, the sun was already beginning to set as the temperature also rapidly fell, Melody nodded in confirmation as Artemis marched himself out.

 

"I'm going to hunt."

 

 

 

 

 

..

 

 

 

[Artemis Dignitas: Lvl 3]
[Title: Useless Trash]
[Skills unlocked:]

[Beginner Swordsmanship]
6% boost in One Handed Sword damage

[Stamina]
1% boost in Stamina

 

"Nothing has gone up, nothing is increasing. The only times I noticed it actually increasing at notable degrees was when I killed. When I reaped life.

And if that is the only path afforded to me, then I better make use of my time more than I've done so thus far. No more striking a straw-dummy, I need a living and breathing opponent."

4