Entering DMO? *Updated the Prologue*
167 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room seemed like your ordinary hospital room, although with a few more automated things. The smell was faintly reminiscent of citrus and a young man of 15 years old was laying in the bed. His long black hair splayed out like a spider web as an older woman was affectionately brushing his hair. A man was behind them and shifted uncomfortably, his suit was sharp, and his blonde hair was well kept.

"Relax, Jameson, I've already tested this last week. Everything should be perfect. You're 50 centimeters taller than me and yet you're worried and scared like a little rabbit."

"Ma'am I jus-"

"Jameson, you were my son's best friend, I do hate to remind you what to call me." Her emerald green eyes narrowed, forming a stern expression as she used a tone similar to scolding a child.

"M-mom I just worry about it, with the Young Master's health are we really sure it's safe?"

"Of course. Now, all of these knots are out of his hair so be a dear and help him put the helmet on." She set the brush down and started to lightly stretch while staying close, a habit she developed to help stay healthy.

"Y-yes Mom." Jameson slowly walked forward; some uncomfortable feeling was stirring in his chest. Still the sight of the bright smile on the Young Master's face wasn't something he had seen for a while, and a smile like that was worth all of his salary put together. He gently lifted him, and then slowly put the helmet on before laying the Young Master down gently. Afterwards he walked briskly towards the machine, figuring it was better for her to be beside the Young Master.

"Uncle Jameson, Grandma, will I really be able to move and Duel just like my sister did?" His voice cracked with excitement and his fingers, one of the few parts of his body he had complete control over, were tapping furiously.

"Of course, I tested it out myself just last week and we've finished the final updates to the PDAs. I even had a Duel with that Kaiba guy to test the A.I., naturally I won." His grandmother replied with a smile as she held his hand, comforting what she knew was surely a nervous grandson.

"What was his reaction?"

"Nooo, impossible! The Blue Eyes White Dragon is invincible!" She hammed it up with a grin as she reenacted Seto's movements. His soft laugh was music to her ears.

"Grandma, I don't know how to thank you. You not only made the first full experience VR world, but you made it for me based off Yu-Gi-Oh! starting in the retro era. All of the old episodes and chapters are lost media! I only know some of what happened from your bedtime stories.  You too Uncle Jameson, I heard you studied a lot of different programming languages to help!"

"No worries, Dearie. It was quite fun, and I think people nowadays could use this. I find that 'Dueling' is actually a great way to communicate and spend time with people I just don't know why it hasn't spread even further now that I've developed solid vision holograms. Stupid Jetpack Football I say, a fad that will die out soon. Dueling is eternal." Jameson simply shifted uncomfortably, but the smile and wetness in his icy blue eyes betrayed how happy he was to hear that.

"Ma'am! The system is ready! We're ready to power it on!" Jameson roared, having newfound confidence in the plan.

"What was that?"

"M-mom the system is ready! We're ready to power it on!" Grandmother and Grandson chuckled in unison, always amused by this daily act.

"Alright Dear, it's about to begin." The young man gripped his grandma's hand slightly tighter. The machine started and a loud rumbling sound came about. Soon his consciousness was successfully 'uploaded' into the game. As soon as the servers went live the machine got louder, and she frowned. This wasn't supposed to happen. She stood up and walked over to the machine to inspect it when something unexpected happened. The helmet exploded along with the machine.

On reaction Jameson quickly grabbed her in a hug to protect her, machine parts flying into his back leaving a bloody puddle on the ground. However, that was not the reason for the tears, both of them wept as they looked at the most important person in the world to the both of them, disfigured and without a pulse.

6