Chapter 3: Unexpected Meeting
674 9 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Moon, Granada, UC 0068, July 10th

Moving a hand up to my collar I attempted to pull it.

Only for my mom to slap my hand in an instant.

"None of that young man." My mom told me.

"But mom, it feels too tight." I groaned out.

Although mentally I am 30 years old, since I died when I was 21 years old in my last life, that doesn't mean I won't act my physical age of a nine year old kid.

Like right now.

My parents and I are attending a party tonight, and so I have been forced to wear a tux.

Which is chaffing all over.

And I do mean everywhere.

"Oh hush now, you look quite handsome." My mom told me. Patting me on my shoulders as she did so. "Now then, let's go. We don't want to be late." She said.

"Yes mam." I said.

As I did so the two of us left my room and headed downstairs where my father was waiting for us in his own tux.

Which is dark blue, just like mine.

My mom is wearing a dark-purple dress by the way.

Seeing me and my mom my father held out his arm in her direction. "My lady, may I have the pleasure of escorting you?"

"You may good sir." My mom said.

The two of them then locked arms.

Seeing this I smiled.

My parents are so in love.

I hope I get to have something like that one day.

I really do.

After my mom and dad did their little show we exited our home.

Which is a three-story mansion by the way.

My family is very well-off.

The moment we exited our house we headed to the car directly outside the gates, surrounded by several men in black suits.

One of them opened the door for us and we all filed in.

As soon as we did so the door was closed and the vehicles got on its way.

Two other cars following behind us after it did.

These people are our families security detail.

We have one because of my father's job.

He is the chief ambassador for the Federation embassy located here in Granada

Although the Lunar cities and the Sides are part of the Federation, each of them has their own individual governmental bodies. Which the Federation government acknowledges.

So long as they keep in line with the Federations policies that is.

But back to my main point.

To give the appearance of acknowledging the governments of the Lunar cities and the Sides, the Federation has placed embassies all over, so as to give the appearance they are willing to negotiate on certain matters.

'Yeah, right. What a load of shit.' I thought.

The Federation government simply enjoys patronizing the colonies and the Lunar cities. Because if they truly acknowledged their governmental bodies they wouldn't have garrisons located within the Lunar cities and the Sides. They would instead work to build up the individual defense forces that the Sides and the Lunar Cities all possess, but they don't.

So that just in case in case fighting breaks out Federal forces have an overwhelming advantage.

Which was showcased in The Origin series, when the Federation mowed down protestors during the riots that followed Deikun's death.

And those people called themselves soldiers.

Disgusting.

My mood soured as I continued to think about such things, so leaning my head against the window I cleared my mind and simply watched the scenery pass by.

Which isn't much, except steel and industrial buildings.

Still, it's better than nothing I suppose.

Eventually after an hour in the car we reached our destination.

A hotel.

As the door was opened my family exited the vehicles and headed straight inside.

We then entered the nearby ballroom.

As we did so I saw multiple men and woman in fancy suits and dresses prospectively. As well multiple banners hanging around the room. Showcasing who has sponsored tonight's event.

Anaheim Electronics.

Which my family has a personal connection with.

Back when Anaheim Electronics first began in UC 0002 my grandfather, my fathers' father, was one of the first researchers to come up and work for the company.

Due to this he was able to buy several shares of Anaheim's stock.

And even though he is gone now, passed away from chronic illness right after I was born from what my parents tell me, those stocks are still in our families name.

Meaning yearly, we get money from Anaheim Electronics.

Basically my family is rich.

Yeah, I'm a rich kid.

But even though we are rich my parents both have careers.

As I said previously my father is the chief ambassador for the Federation embassy here in Granada. While my mother is a highly successful lawyer.

Also, both my parents have military services.

In his youth my father for a time served in the Federation forces, while my mother served in her home sides defense force, which is Loum.

Ah, when the war starts she will definitely cry her eyes out seeing her home of Side 5 get destroyed.

Which again serves no purpose at all.

Fucking Zabi's.

Once again I got heated just thinking about them.

But I took several breaths and calmed down.

I am at a party after all, and I want to enjoy it. 

So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

After entering the party my parents and I made the rounds.

We talked to individuals we didn't really want to but had to. However thankfully it only took 30 minutes to get the job down.

Once it was I headed over to the food & refreshments table and made myself a a nice plate.

I then grabbed a drink, but as I did so I noticed something out of the corner of my eye.

A girl about my age, give or take a year. She has short grey hair that is styled in a single ponytail, platinum-colored eyes, and she is wearing a black dress that really meshes with her hair and eye color.

Put simply, she's cute.

But that's not the reason I'm looking at her right now.

No the reason is this girl seems familiar to me. Yet, I'm sure we've never met before.

'Strange.' I thought. 'Very strange.'

I continued staring at the girl, trying to place where I had seen her before.

As I did so she didn't even notice me. Instead she reached up for a cup filled with juice atop the table but couldn't reach it. Even after standing on her tip toes.

Seeing this I can't help but lightly chuckle.

As I did so the girl finally directed her gaze to me.

"Hey, why are you laughing at me?" She asked.

"I wasn't." I immediately said.

"Yes, you were." The girl retorted. "I know because you've been staring at me."

'Oh, so she did notice my gaze.' I thought. Looks like she's more perceptive than I first thought.

"Ok, you got me. I was staring at you and laughing at you. But it's not the reason you think." I said. "Honestly."

"Right." The girl replied.

"Well I'm glad that's settled." I told her. "Also, let me help you with that." I said.

I then walked over to the girl and handed her a cup of juice from atop the table.

"Thank you." She said.

"No problem." I told her.

As I did so I heard a female voice speak up.

"My, what a polite young man you are."

Turning around I saw an older woman who is the spitting image of the girl in front of me. Only her grey hair is collected in a tight bun atop her head, and she is wearing a cream-colored dress.

"Thank you Mrs." I said. "I am just using what my parents taught me." I told her.

"Well they are teaching you well." She said. "Keep it up." She told me.

"I will."  I said.

The woman nodded, then gave me a kind smile. Once she did so she looked toward the girl. "Come along now Mio."

"Yes mother." The girl now named Mio said.

She and her mother then left and I also returned to my parents.

Still wondering why Mio looked so familiar to me.

As the party continued I couldn't stop thinking about it. I soon resolved myself to get an answer to the question in my mind.

But the answer came to me itself.

As my parents and I were sitting at one of the tables, my father suddenly stood up as a group of people approached us.

Looking at them I saw it was Mio and her mother, as well as a man.

He has black hair and matching eyes.

Looking at the man my eyes went wide with shock. Since he is the spitting image of a young Delling Rembran. The main antagonist of the Gundam series "Witch from Mercury" that just started before I was reborn in this world.

'What the hell is this?!' I thought.

Why is a man who looks exactly like Delling Rembran from the G-Wtich series present in the UC timeline?!

It doesn't make any sense.

My mind raced with several possibilities. But before I could get lost in my thoughts my father spoke to me.

"Slaine, please come here for a moment, I would like to introduce you to an old friend of mine." My father said.

Hearing him I got up and moved over to my father, the Delling look-alike, and most probably his family.

"Slaine, this is an old friend of mine Delling Rembran. Delling, this is  my son Slaine." My father said.

As he did so I realized the man in front of me is actually Delling Rembran.

Again, what the hell?

Looking up at the man I held out my hand. "Hello sir. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well young man. Your father talks about you a lot during our conversations." Delling said.

We then briefly shook hands, before he turned to Mio and her mother.

'Wait.' I thought.

If this man is Delling Rembran, then the Mio in front of me is most likely...

"Sazzbaum, Orlaine. Please allow me to introduce you and your son to the two most important ladies in my life. My wife Fianna, and my daughter Miorine." Delling said.

Yep, it's just as I suspected.

This little girl in front of me is Miorine Rembran from the G-Witch series.

Once again, what the hell is going on here?


A/N: Yeah, I decided to pull in Miorine Rembran from the Witch From Mercury series for several reasons. As well as her family, who are going to play quite the intract role in Slaine's future endeavor's.

Even Delling.

So stay tuned in.

24