Chapter 4: Friend
629 5 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am resisting the urge to facepalm with all my might.

The entire Rembran family from the Witch from Mercury series is standing in front of me after all.

But we're in the UC timeline, not the Ad Stella timeline.

Yet here they are, right before my eyes.

What does this mean?' I thought.

Are there characters from other animes running around this Gundam universe as well, or am I in a place where the Super Robot Wars are going to take place?

'This is all just too much.' 

Really, it is.

I was knocked out of my racing thoughts when my mom lightly tapped me on my shoulder. 

After she did so I looked at her.

"Yes mother?" I asked her.

"Slaine are you alright, you don't look so good." My mother said in a worried tone.

"No, I'm alright. Just a little dizzy is all." I spoke.

"Then please, sit down." Fianna said.

"Thank you Ms. Rembran I will do that." I said.

I then moved over to one of the chairs and sat down. Which helped calm my mind down immensely.

After a few minutes I could think clearly again.

Once I was able to I made a note to look up characters from other anime series and other Gundam series the moment I got home.

I mean I don't want someone like Sousuke Aizen from Bleach or Ribbons Almark from Gundam 00 suddenly appearing in the future. That would be bad in so many ways its not even funny.

Moving on.

Miorine eventually walked over to me and sat down next to me. "Are you ok now Slaine?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for asking." I said.

But just after I did so Miorine frowned at me.

"Sorry, did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"My name. You can use it, there's no need to hold back." Miorine told me.

"Ok then. Miorine." I said.

As I did so she got a soft smile on her face and nodded gently.

Seeing this type of action from Miorine really creates a disparity from the version of her I witnessed in the G-Witch series.

Then again, that version of her had lost her mother and she was treated as basically nothing more than property by Delling. But here things seem vastly different.

Miorines' mother is still alive, and Delling doesn't seem like the cold inhuman bastard he was in the G-Witch series.

Now granted, he could just be faking his nice guy act right now but I don't think that's the case. Especially since he his close friends with my dad.

I know him well enough to know he would never associate with the Delling Rembran from the G-Witch series.

So yeah, looks like I got a nice version of Delling Rembran.

Lucky me.

Miorine and I eventually started making small talk, discussing various things such as hobbies and the like.

In doing so I found out like just like her counterpart she plays the piano, which is being taught to her by her mother. Who turns outs is a professional pianist. As well as an Earthnoid.

But is seems Delling was born in space.

Specifically Side 2, Hatte.

Which is where Miorine was born as well, from what she's telling me.

So it looks like the Rembran family backstory is basically the same from the G-Witch series, with only a few minor alterations here and there.

This opens up a whole new line of possibilities, if characters from other anime and Gundam franchises also exist in this version of the Uc. There personalities could be vastly different from what I know about them from my previous life.

The more I learn the more complicated things get.

This is my life now.

Well, it could be worse I suppose.

"So Slaine, what do you like to do?" Miorine aske me. After she finished telling me about herself and her family.

Including her age, and she is one year younger than me.

"I enjoy reading, and messing around with machinery. As well coding." I said.

As I did so Miorine tilted her head in confusion.

"Coding? What's that?" Miorine asked me.

"It has to do with computers and machines. Basically it makes them work the way they do." I said. Trying to explain coding to Miorine in terms a child can understand.

Eventually she got it and nodded her head in understanding.

Just as she did so our mother's came over.

"My Slaine, what a smart young man you are." Fianna said.

"Yes, he is. Our little Slaine is a certified genius." My mom said.

Which made me get a small blush on my face at her praise.

And she's not embellishing.

I am literally considered a genius.

Back in my old life I was just finishing up a degree in mechanical engineering before I ended up in this world. Combine that with my mental age and the fact that children and soak up and retrain information like a sponge and well. I am years ahead in terms of knowledge of other kids my age.

It's the reason I don't have single friend.

Children are some of the cruelest beings around.

Because of my smarts and my generally quiet personality most of them either find me intimidating or refuse to talk to me out of some sort of spite. While others try and cozy up to me because of my family's money.

So at the moment I am a loner.

But it's fine. I wasn't a very social person in my last life either and I have plenty of time to make friends in the future.

That is if I don't die or get killed in one of the Universal Centuries shitstorm wars.

Seriously, I need to start working on keeping those from happening as soon as possible.

As my mom revealed my genius status Miorine started looking at me with wide eyes.

"Wow Slaine, so you are really smart huh?"

"Yes, I am." I stated.

It's a simple fact.

One which I take pride in, but a simple fact nonetheless.

"Amazing." Miorine said. "Hey Slaine, would you like to be my friend?" She asked. "I think it would be nice to have a friend as smart as you."

"Sure." I said.

I have no problems being Miorine's friend.

She seems smart for her age, and I like her personality. So yeah, I can be her friend.

"Oh, this is a truly wonderful night. My Slaine finally has a friend." My mom said in a dramatic fashion.

"Mom stop, you're embarrassing me." I said. Getting a blush on my face at her antics.

Seeing this both Miorine and Fianna lightly chuckled.

Which only made my blush deepen.

Looks like no matter what world you are in the power of a mother to embarrass you is incredibly strong.

My mom continued acting overly dramatic for a few more minutes before finally stopping and letting me recover from her devastating attack.

Just as I started doing so my father and Delling came over to the table.

"Having fun I see?" My father said. A smirk on his face.

"Yeah, people are having fun at my expense." I said.

"As a mother it's my right." My mom proudly said without shame.

"I second that." Fianna spoke up.

As she did so Miorine's face became tomato red.

The adults all then shared a laugh at our expense.

At least now I have a companion to suffer this torture alongside me.

Which makes it all the more bearable, and fun.

Yep, I think Miorine and I are going to be good friends.

And little did I know at the time we would end up becoming so much more to each other in the years to come.

25