Chapter 5: Deikuns Death
498 6 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Moon, Granada, UC 0068, October 20th

Sitting on my bed in my room I looked at the television screen right in front of me.

Which is currently showcasing a live news feed from Side 3. Specifically a motorcade on its way to the Diet building, where Zeon Zum Diekun announced at the beginning of the month he will give a grand address that all across the entirety of the Earth Sphere need to hear, for it will change the face of humanity forever.

I'll admit, Zeon sure does have flare for the dramatic.

The man, not the governmental body.

The latter of which doesn't exist yet. Since currently Side 3 is still known as Munzo.

Which I discovered through research, meaning I'm in the Origin series timeline.

That makes me wonder, is this world version of Ramba Ral the fat one of the skinny one? A question I hope to answer one day.

Moving on.

The motorcade eventually arrived at the Diet building.

Then a few moments after it did so the lead car door was opened, and out stepped Zeon Zum Deikun himself.

As the cameras all focused in on the man I took him in. In doing so I have to admit he does look like a hippie.

His clothes look like robes.

This man is supposed to be the leader of Side 3's government and he can't even be bothered to wear something professional on a day such as this one when he's supposedly going to be speaking on an important matter that will change humanity as a whole.

All I can say is, the people of Side 3 must really love this guy to let him get away with such an act.

Well they did erect a giant statue of him in their capital city, and the Zabi's used his name for their future fascist government so I think I just made my own point.

Bottom line is, those living in Side 3 love and revere Diekun so much it's not even funny. The guy is basically space Jesus in the UC from what I gathered from the Gundam wiki and various other sources of Gundam lore in my last life.

Waving, Deikun headed towards the entrance of the Diet building, his family right by his side.

Soon after they entered, several other government officials from the other cars in the motorcade exited their vehicles and followed their leader inside.

As this happened the video feed then switched to a camera inside of the diet assembly hall, and an announcer said there would be a short intermission before things continued.

Once this happened I looked over to my side. "So, what do you think?" I asked Miorine.

Since currently she is in my room.

We're hanging out.

Like we've been doing since we met at that party of Anaheim back in July.

Normally this wouldn't be possible since Miorine and her parents live at Side 2, Hatte.

But for the past few months they've been living here in Granada. All because of Delling.

He's been working to set up a headquarters for the business group he founded and runs.

The Benerit Group.

Seems like just in the G-Witch series Delling also founded the same group in the UC timeline.

And it's basically the same as well.

The Benerit Group is a collection of spacenoid founded, owned and operated companies that deal in various fields. From technology, to mining, to manufacturing. This makes them quite a  powerhouse in the business world. 

Even though they are a young conglomerate their influence is expanding each day.

Looking at me Miorine shrugged at my question. "It's ok I guess." She said. "But Slaine, why are we watching this anyway?"

"I find it interesting." I said.

Which I truly do. Since I am about to literally watch history. Because today is the day Zeon Zum Deikun dies, setting in motion events for decades to come.

I would be lying if I said I'm not excited to see how this plays out.

Despite the fact Artesia and Cassval are about to lose their father.

Then shortly their mother, thanks to that horrid hag Roselucia.

Uh, just thinking about that old bitch makes me want to throw up.

Why Deikun decided to keep her as his legal wife is beyond me. Perhaps some political move.

Either way if we ever meet, I'll help that bitch along to the after life.

It's a promise.

Hearing my answer Miroine shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever." She said. "Well it's not too bad I suppose. And relaxing like this is nice. Considering all the fun we had last week." She said.

"Yep, that sure was fun." I said, smiling.

Since last week was my birthday.

Which is October 13th, the same as in my previous life.

Coincidence?

It's definitely not.

But back to what I was saying.

To celebrate we had a huge party and Miorine and I enjoyed ourselves all weekend.

It was nice.

Miorine seeing my smile, gave me one of her own.

Right as she did so the intermission came to an end.

As soon as it did so we both turned our attention to the television screen.

A few minutes after we did so Zeon walked up to the podium in the middle of the assembly hall.

He then picked up his papers and got ready to speak. But just as he did so he started coughing violently.

Clutching his chest Deikun got a crazed and horrified look in his eyes.

Then a few seconds after this happened the man keeled over onto the floor.

After he did so screams and shouts erupted.

"My word! Zeon Zum Deikun has collasped. I repeat, Zeon Zum Deikun has collapsed!" 

A reporter shouted in front of the camera over and over again.

Then soon after the video feed just cut out completely without any warning.

Moving over to me Miorine clutched onto me and I wrapped her in a hug.

All the while knowing that Diekun just died.

'And so it begins.' I thought.

Time to get to work.

20