Chapter 6: Proposal & Acceptance
531 8 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Moon, Granada, UC 0069, March 3rd

Four months have passed since Zeon Zum Deikun's death.

In the beginning there were several mass violent protests on Side 3, and even in some of the other side's. There were even some here in Granada itself.

I won't lie, I was scared.

Especially when the Federation forces imposed martial law and started using riot suppression tactics and the RTX-65 Guntank without any hesitation to get things under control.

Needless to say my father has been very busy over these past few months.

School was even put on hold due to the events taking place, and now has only started back up.

That's how serious things were.

These events touched me to my core.

Watching such things happen on a screen or reading about them is one thing. Experiencing and living them is another matter entirely.

But now things have finally calmed down.

The Federation lifted martial law and people are starting to get back to their daily lives.

Thanks to this I can finally put one of my various plans into motion.

Entering my mother's office I closed the door behind me.

After I did so I walked up to the front of her desk. Finding her seated in the chair directly behind it. Delling seated in a chair directly on her right side.

"Slaine honey, why did you want the both of us here today?" My mom asked.

"Yes, I would like to know as well young man." Delling said.

"I require the both of you to help me with something." I said. "Starting my own company."

When I said this both Delling and my mom raised a brow in curiosity, but showed no further indication on their feelings about what I just said.

As excepted from a man who built his own business group from nothing and a top-class lawyer. Neither of them are giving anything away.

I definitely need to learn this art for the future.

"Slaine, are you serious?" My mother asked.

"Yes mom." I said. "I would like your help in starting my own company." I said once more. "To tell you the truth I have had ideas I wanted to implement for a while now but with all that's happened given the riots over Deikun's death I didn't feel right mentioning them. However now that those matters are settled I want to get down to business." I explained.

"Big words, but can you back them up?" Delling asked me.

As expected.

I am just a ten year old child after all.

For Delling to just blindly trust the words I am speaking right now would make him a shit businessman.

Which makes me respect him all the more.

"I can." I said.

I then took the papers I was holding under my left arm and placed them on the desk for Delling and my mom to review.

"These are just two of the projects I have been working on." I explained.

The ideas the two of them are currently looking over are two devices that exited in my old world but don't exist here.

The smartphone and the 3-D printer.

Despite spaceships, giant mech robots, and actual functioning space colonies ever since I've been reborn I've noticed a sort of technological stagnation within the Universal Century as a whole.

I mean just look at Zeon using World war II Era tactics during the One Year War.

We are in the future for fucks sake.

Not to mention wireless phones aren't a thing.

When I discovered this I was like, what the hell?

That's why I've decided to kickstart an industrial revolution within the UC.

By introducing inventions from my old life into this one. I hope to stop the technological stagnation I am seeing and bring the Universal Century up to the technology present in the 21st century of my past life and beyond.

Granted I know what I am doing will cause many many butterfly effects, but my existence is already one giant butterfly effect. So yeah.

Fuck it.

I push forward and see what happens.

Since that's half the fun of doing this.

After several minutes passed Delling and my mother stopped looking over the schematics and plans for the smartphone and 3-D printer and looked at me.

"Slaine, what do you need to make these things a reality?" Delling asked me.

"For starters, some seed money." I told Delling. "As well as support in areas like production and shipping. Which is why I asked you to be here Mr. Rembran. I would like to invest in my company. Doing so I will give you a 10% share of all profits." I explained.

Since I'm sure these two inventions will make a big splash all over the Earth Sphere, thus 10% is nothing.

I can already tell I'll be raking in cash like its nobodies business.

"15%". Delling said.

"13%." I countered.

"Deal." Delling said.

"Great." I said I then looked at my mother. "Mom please draw up a contract. Also I know what name I want my company to have. Alchemax Corporation." I said.

And for you Marvel fans reading this, you are right. Alchemax is a company from the Marvel Universe.

But in the UC timeline Marvel and DC Comics do not exist.

Neither do various other companies like Google, Microsoft, and even Youtube.

But anime and manga do exist here. As well as both Star Star Trek and Star Wars.

Looks like Gene Roddenberry and George Lucas transcend all realities.

Nice.

"Oh and mom, one other thing. If anyone comes asking about these inventions don't mention my name." I said. "I would think people would be shocked a ten year old kid came up with this stuff, and I'd rather not have all that attention on me." I explained.

Which is the absolute truth.

I don't want the spotlight on me. Since it might bring me to the attention of people I don't want.

"Alright sweetie." My mom said.

"Great. Thanks." I said. "Bye." I said.

I then left the room, a smile on my face.

Looks like I can cross making money off my to-do list.


Orlane POV:

As Slaine left the room, closing the door behind me I sunk back into my chair and let out a breath I had been holding in.

The moment after I did so Delling looked at me.

"Orlane, Slaine really is a genius." He said.

I simply nodded my head. "Yes, he is." I agreed.

Ever since my darling son was born Sazzbaum and I have known he would never be a typical person.

When he was a baby he hardly ever cried except for when he was hungry or when he needed to be changed.

As he grew up he spent time reading books a lot more than playing around like other kids his age.

He also talks like an adult at times.

One time Sazzbaum joked our boy was a man trapped in a child's body.

But I know that's not true. Since even though Slaine acts mature beyond his years most of the time, there are still times he acts his age.

Like when he was three years old and he scraped his knee playing outside.

He ran up to me and cried in my arms.

That's one of the reasons I know he's still just a child.

My child.

That's why I'll protect him with all I've got.

I agree with Slaine's assessment. Even though I am not a scientist I can tell just by looking at the functions of these two inventions Slaine has written down on the schematics he gave us, if his name were to become public the Federation might try and spirit him away.

Which I will never allow.

Although my husband and I never really talk about politics given the nature of his job, we both know the Federation isn't really kind towards spacenoids. The elitist's in charge on Earth's see to that.

The riots that just took place after Zeon Zum Deikun's death are proof of just how far the Federation is willing to go to show its dominance.

Using Guntanks, and one civilian's.

There were children present at some of those protests!

If it wasn't for Sazzbaum holding me back I would've ripped those Federation soldiers handling events a new one by suing all o fthem personally for excessive force and taken them all for every penny they had.

That's not how soldiers are supposed to act dammit!

Feeling myself tense up I took several deep breaths to calm down.

"Orlane, are you ok?" Delling asked me.

"Yes, just thinking about something a bit unpleasant." I said. "But really I'm fine. Now then, let's talk about the contract and you doing business with my son." I said.

Delling nodded.

As soon as he did so we got down to bussiness.

Once we did so my mind wandered to the name Slaine had chosen for his company.

Alchemax.

It's nice.

Ah, my boy really is going to achieve greatness.

I'm so proud of him.


A/N: So Slaine has begun setting his plans into motion.

Also be prepared for different POV's in the future.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

21