Chapter 14: Academy Days (1)
556 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Side 1 Zahn, Londenion Colony, UC 0075, January 9th:

Stepping off the shuttle, a bag slung over my shoulder I exited the port.

The moment I did so I looked around for my ride and spotted it instantly.

A large bus. People standing in a line outside of it.

That is my ride to the Patton Military Academy. Where I will spend the next three years working to become a commissioned officer in the Earth Federation Space Force.

It's finally time.

Man, these past two months sure have flown by.

But they were not boring at all.

Miorine and I went on a good number of dates, and spent time just enjoying each other.

We also had lots and lots of sex.

I won't see her again until June after all.

The way Patton Academy works is that we have classes from now in January until the end of May. Then we have two months off for summer break which is June and July before having to return to school to finish out the year from August to November. Then we have a month off for winter break which is December, before repeating the whole process all over again.

It's basically like college.

Except our loved ones aren't allowed to visit us except for special occasions.

So again, that's why I got in as much time with Miorine and my friends as possible before I came here. The same with my parents. Despite all their teasing after they learned Miorine and I finally became a couple.

Miorine's mother also got in on the fun.

While Delling simply gave his approval.

He also told me he's bury me in an unmarked grave if I ever hurt his daughter.

And I knew he wasn't bluffing either.

Though he has nothing to worry about. I will always treat Miorine with respect.

Moving on.

After spotting my transportation to the academy I walked over and got in line with the other cadets.

Reaching the front of the line I told the man my name and he checked it off.

Then I boarded the bus and found a seat in the back.

Leaning my head against the window I let the time just slip away.

Then before I knew it the bus was fully loaded and we were off to our destination.

Two hours after departure from the port and we arrived.

Patton Military Academy.

Which is named after famed U.S. General George S. Patton.

My home for the next three years.

Filing off the bus with the other cadets we suddenly heard a man shout in our direction.

"Cadets, face forward!" 

The moment we heard this we all turned towards the mans direction.

"Excellent. You all can listen. That will serve you greatly here. Ok, I'll make this short and sweet. We will now hand out room assignments. Once you receive them you will head there and then immediately change into your academy uniform, after which you will make your way to the auditorium for your induction ceremony. Which will start two hours from now. Anyone who is late or chooses not to attend will have the very special honor of cleaning the public latrines for the first two months here. Now then, any questions?"

No one spoke.

The message was presented loud and clear.

"Good. Then let's get a move on." The man said.

As soon he did so we started moving.

Room assignments were being handed out by last name, so I got in the S-V line.

It didn't take me long to reach the front, where an older cadet of the academy was waiting for me.

I know because of the single golden bar adorning her arm.

At this academy first years have empty arms, second-years have one golden bar on their arms, and third-years have two golden bars on their arms. This place is also co-ed.

"Name." She asked.

"Slaine Troyard." I said.

As I did so the girl looked at me, and I saw a faint blush appear on her cheeks.

'Sorry, but I'm taken.' I thought.

"Yes. Here you are." The girl said, handing me a room key. "Room 210 in dorm building C." She explained.

The girl then gave me directions.

Once she did I thanked her and went on my way.

Traversing towards my dorm I saw multiple people along the way. From cadets in my class to senior cadets and other military officials. As well as a few parents.

After 15 minutes of walking I arrived at my dorm building, and then after climbing the stairs I arrived at my room with ease.

But when I did so I saw the door was open.

Approaching I looked inside to see a guy placing a box down on the bed situated in the left corner of the room.

The moment he was done he turned around and faced me, allowing me to get a good look at him.

He is my age. His height looks to be about 175 centimeters. He has light-brown hair and light blue eyes. As well as a blank expression on his face.

"Hello, how do you do?" He asked me.

"Good." I said. "The name is Slaine Troyard. And you are?"

"Hyuse Cronin." He explained.

Hyuse then walked over to me and offered his hand. I shook it.

"Nice to meet you." I told him.

"Likewise. Looks like we'll be roommates. I hope we can get along." Hyuse said.

"I feel the exact same way." I retorted.

Once I did so I moved over to the unoccupied side of the room and pulled one of my academy uniforms out of my bag.

Seeing that Hyuse already had his on I entered the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

I then quickly dressed in my own uniform and came out.

Once I did I looked at Hyuse. "So, want to walk to the induction ceremony together?"

"Sure." Hyuse said.

Once he did so the two of us left our shared room.


Arriving at the auditorium where the induction ceremony was going to take place Hyuse and I went our separate ways. Since the seats inside are organized alphabetically by last name as well.

Finding my seat I waited for things to begin.

But as I did so I noticed a familiar face sitting in one of the chairs on the stage.

Admiral Johann Ibrahim Revil.

One of the only Federation officers I ever respected in the original series.

To think he of all people would be here today.

I didn't expect this. Not at all.

But it's not unwelcome.

As more and more cadets filed in, all the seats were filled. From what I can see anyway.

Once this happened things got rolling.

The schools commandant gave a few words, then he turned things over to Revil. Who walked up to the podium.

"To all you young men and women sitting in front of me today I just want to congratulate you on making it this far. But this is only the beginning. One mistake and its over. That being said I do not wish for any of you to fail. Rather, I hope you will lead the Earth Federation Forces to newer heights. Since being accepted to this academy means you have some of the necessary qualities to do so. That is why I say, do not settle. Always push yourself, always strive to achieve more than your goal. Finally, never allows hubris and overconfidence to be your undoing. For that is the greatest tragedy that a military officer can fall to un my opinion. Thank you, and good luck. Perhaps one of you sitting out there today will take over my job." Revil said.

He then moved back to his seat.

Once he did so a round of applause went off.

I'll admit, Revil is something else. No wonder his speech was able to motivate the Federation to keep fighting after Loum. He's something else.

The clapping eventually died down.

Once it did the commandant came back to the podium.

"And that was our very special guest, admiral Revil. Now, time for your introductions. When your name is called stand up."

The names were called one-by-one until they reached me.

"From Granada, Slaine Troyard."

I stood up as soon as I was called.

Ignoring any looks I was getting.

Sitting down after being called I waited until things finished up.

Once it did we were dismissed and I headed back to my dorm room. Only to find the rest of my luggage sitting right in front of the door.

Looks like the movers finally dropped it off.

Taking out my key I unlocked the door and then moved everything inside.

Just as I finished Hyuse returned.

"Hey." I told him.

"Hey." He said.

"So, what did you think of Revil's speech?" Hyuse asked me.

"It was very inspiring." I said.

Which is the honest truth.

Too bad I'm only becoming a soldier as a means to an end and don't feel that much obligation to the Federation.

"Yes, it was." Hyuse agreed. "So, what to go and check out campus?" He asked me.

"Sure." I said.

I then secured my belongings and Hyuse and our left our room.


A/N: Its time for Slaine to begin his career in the Federation Military. But it won't be for long trust me. Also his roommate is a character from another anime series. As to why Slaine doesn't recognize him. Its because he won't recognize all characters from franchises from his last life.

That would make the story bland in my opinion. So our MC will only identity specific characters.

Hyuse Cronin (World Trigger Anime)

15