Chapter 16: Academy Days (3)
323 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stepping into ethics Hyuse and I went to our usual seats.

While Baptiste found a seat next to ours.

After classes ended yesterday we decided to get dinner together and ended up talking about various subjects before calling it a night.

During which Hyuse and I learned that Baptiste doesn't really have any love for the Federation.

That is because his homeland of Haiti is rife with instability. Gangs walk around in broad daylight and Federation military forces do nothing about it, since most of them are being bribed by the various gangs to turn a blind eye. Then there's the fact that diseases which are easily treatable run rampant killing many each year, but the people don't get the medicine and treatments they need since most of the money designated for that goes into the pockets of the corrupt politicians of the country.

And as for the politicians that aren't corrupt, they are few and far between. Their voices getting ignored almost all the time.

As Baptiste explained this to me it only made me angry.

I knew that the common-folk on Earth probably had it just as bad under Federation rule as those of us living in the colonies, but now it's confirmed.

Hearing this only strengthened my resolve for the war for independence I will start in the future.

And in the long run maybe I'll be able to assist the impoverished people living on Earth as well.

Because let me be clear, I don't hate Earthnoids. I simply hate the Federation. They are not one in the same. No matter how some people like to say they are.

Oh, and if you're wondering why Baptiste is at a Federation military academy when he has no love for it, it's because he's simply using it for his own gain.

He wants to be a doctor, and so he's going to use the benefits associated with being a Federation officer to accomplish this.

Smart move.

One which I myself am doing.

Looks like Baptiste and I really will be good friends.

As the three of us chatted more and more of our fellow cadets filed into the room, and then eventually the instructor himself entered.

Once he did class began.

"You have until the last 15 minutes of class to turn in your group roster. Once we reach that mark I will begin assigning people to groups whether you like it or not." The instructor explained to us.

He then let us go about our business.

"So, what are we going to do?" Hyuse spoke up. "Are we going to try and convince people who we've already asked to see if they want to join our group again?"

"I don't think that would be such a good idea." I said. "If they already said no once before, then I'll don't think they'll say yes today despite it being the day of the deadline. Besides, some of the people we asked before might just be desperate and do we really want someone like that working with us on a project that is worth 40% of our overall grade?"

"Good points Slaine." Baptiste spoke up. "Still, what are we going to do?"

"I say we just wait things out until the last fifteen minutes of class and hope we get some responsible and reasonable classmates assigned to fill out our group roster." I said.

"That's fine by me." Baptiste said.

"Me as well." Hyuse said.

"So it's decided." I said.

We will sit and wait.

But not five minutes after we three decided this two figures approached us.

Looking at them I saw two woman.

The first is a woman of Japanese descent. She has dark-blue haired secured in a ponytail and matching dark-blue eyes. As well as a stunning figure with curves in all the right places. Her height is 168 centimeters. Her name is Kyoko Takatsukasa.

She's ranked 2nd overall in our year. Just below me.

Kyoko is also from Earth, as well as basically a princess.

Her family, the Takatsukasa's have been prominent in Japanese and East Asian society since the Meiji Era.

(A/N: Meiji Era. A portion of Japanese history that began in 1868 and ended 1912).

And according to the gossip going around the academy her families power has never waned and still continues to go even in the age of the Federation.

Despite this Kyoko is not haughty or arrogant.

Actually from what I've seen and heard she's actually pretty down to Earth.

Pun intended.

She's kind, helpful, and also hates the racism her fellow Earthnoid's display against the Spacenoid's with a passion.

As evidenced by the woman standing beside her.

Just like Kyoko she is pretty. Her height is 178 centimeters. She has purple hair and yellow eyes, and can always usually be seen wearing a serious look on her face.'

Her name is Sabina Fardin.

Another character from the Witch of Mercury franchise.

Who I never expected to see at all, but well given who I've already interacted with I took it in stride the moment I realized who she was.

Again, I really hope the Super Robot Wars aren't a thing here.

But back to what I was saying.

Sabina is ranked 3rd overall in our year.

She is also a Spacnoid, and she hails from Side 3.

That's right, Side 3. Also known as Zeon.

Who at the moment is in the middle of an intense cold war with the Federation. So anti-Zeon propaganda is at an all time high.

So while Hyuse, the other spacenoid cadets, and I take our fair share of discriminatory shit. Sabian definitely has it ten times worse.

I've never seen anything with my own eyes, because if I did I would put a stop to it, but from the way everyone avoids her like the plague its obvious Sabina is being isolated.

Well almost.

Kyoko is actually her friend. As well as her roommate. So at least she's not entirely alone.

I guess that's something.

Moving on.

The moment the two of them reached us I looked at Kyoko. "Yes, how can we help you ladies?" I asked.

"Slaine right?" Kyoko asked me.

I nodded. "Yes, that's me."

"Right well. If you don't mind Sabina and I can see your group is short some members, so we're wondering if we could join you guys?" She asked.

As soon as Kyoko said this several pairs of eyes landed on the five of us.

Well that's to be expected.

I'm ranked 1, Kyoko is 2nd, and Sabina is ranked 3rd overall in our entire year. So if the three of us team up for this project there is no doubt we will ace it with flying colors. Hyuse and Baptiste aren't too shabby either.

There's also the fact that Kyoko has quite the following of admirer's given her beauty, grades, and pedigree. Everyone wants to get close to her, and now here she is coming up to our group and asking to join it.

I can feel the burning gazes of  jealousy and rage on me right now.

But I don't care.

I simply focused on Kyoko's question.

"So, you want to join our group?" I questioned.

"That's right." Kyoko retorted.

"Sorry, but given your popularity I'd have assumed you'd already joined a group for the project or formed your own." I explained.

"I haven't. Mostly because no one I asked to work with me or who asked me to work with them would agree to my one and single term." Kyoko said.

"Which is?" I questioned.

"They would have to accept Sabina into their group as well." Kyoko spoke.

"Which I keep saying is unnecessary." Sabina spoke. "Kyoko, I will be fine on my own."

"No way, we're sticking together." Kyoko retorted. "So Slaine, what do you say?"

"That's fine." I said. "If you two want to join our group for the project I have no objections. Baptiste, Hyuse, what about you two?"

"I have no issue with these lovely ladies working with us." Baptiste said, putting on a charming smile and laying his accent on thick as he did so.

"It's fine." Hyuse simply said.

"Well then there you have it." I said. "It will be a pleasure working with you both." I said to Kyoko and Sabina.

"I get the same feeling." Kyoko retorted.

The two of us then shook hands.

Once we did so we filled out the group form and turned it into the instructor.

As soon as we did we were excused from the rest of class. So the five of us left the room.

We then agreed on a time to meet up the next day and went our separate ways.

Hyuse and I returning to our room.

Once inside Hyuse simply went to sit on his bed, the same hazy expression on his face that he's had since earlier in the classroom.

"Hyuse, buddy you ok?" I asked him.

"Marry." He said.

"Sorry, what?" I questioned.

"I'm going to marry that girl." He said.

"Am, which girl are we talking about?" I asked him.

"Kyoko. I will marry her." He told me. Putting a rare stupid grin on his face.

'Ah, now I see.' I thought.

Hyuse has just been struck with love at first sight.

Well I'll be rooting for him.


Kyoko Takatsukasa (Muv-Luv)

Sabina Fardin (Gundam Witch From Mercury)

A/N: Just to be clear I will create OC's in the future. But not too many for various reasons. So I hope you enjoy the characters I transfer over from other anime and videogame series. Also, like I said before the MC will only recognize select characters and not all of them.

13