A Beautiful Disaster
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I gasped. My heart leapt up to my throat as I faced the intruder. His navy blue uniform was tailored to be more slim fitting--made of velvet. But the lapels were black and silk. Two stud earrings in one ear and two long, dainty crosses on the other.

It was all very glamorous but the most striking about him was his face. His skin was like glowing marble. His lips were quite wide and sultry for a guy. The icy blue contacts contributed a feel in his looks that was other worldly. His hair tousled in the most perfectly photogenic way.

There was no doubt that this was the most beautiful specimen to wander this school. Everyone knew it. But despite his obvious beauty, there was something clearly absent from his demeanor.

Warmth.

"Kim Taehyung-shi." I backed up into the sink, forgetting it was there. "W-what are you doing in the girl's bathroom?"

The handsome boy flashed a crooked smile, seemingly unconcerned. "Ah, so someone like you does know my name. That's a relief. I thought I was going to have to start from the beginning." His bold gaze caught me off guard. Somehow it felt like an invasion of privacy. I've never known anyone to hold eye contact so...forcefully.

It was suspicious. Why was he acting nice? And why did he go through the trouble of entering the girls bathroom just to talk to me? Something wasn't right. As caution found it's way back to my senses I was able to recover my voice.

"Look, I don't know why you're here but you can't just barge into a girl's bathroom no matter your reason."

Taehyung chuckled. His smile spread to it's boxy capacity. It made my mind stupor for a second but I gained my bearings better this time, knowing something was off.

"You're so cute." He rested his hands in his pockets, his teeth nipped his lip teasingly. Was he...flirting? My face reddened with embarrassment. "I was hoping it'd be obvious that I've reserved this spot for us."

It took a few seconds for me to fully comprehend his meaning. But when it hit, it must've shown on my face. The empty hallway, the empty bathroom during lunch break. I should've known it was suspicious! That's when he dashed toward me.

My arms came up defensively. I flinched at the sound of his palms slapping down on the sink. My heart was beating rapidly. I looked up to see Taehyung towering over me. His arms created a restrictive cubical. One inch was all the space that remained between us.

"Y-y-ya! Ya, Kim Taehyung! A-are you crazy?!" I stammered, trying to make myself as small as possible to avoid contact.

And there it was again, that bright but arrogant smile. Except it was too close for comfort. He on the other hand held no shame and apparently no inhibitions.

"You keep asking people that. Doesn't it ever worry you that one day someone might just answer 'yes'?" I'm startled when he runs his fingers through my hair. "You have beautiful, long hair. I'll make sure to put it to good use." He said with a mischievous smirk. 

What was it with this guy? Was he insinuating that he was crazy or not? He must be if he thinks I'll just let someone I don't know touch me. How dare he?!

I scoffed in disbelief before pushing his hand away. "Ya, who do you think you are? More importantly, who do you think I am? Do I really come across as anything close to someone who would be so easily convinced into fooling around?" Like my temper, my voice began to rise. "You have some nerve thinking so lowly of me!"

"HELLO?" A voice called out from the entrance. It sounded like a teacher. 

A wave of relief hit me. The voice took Taehyung's attention away. I pushed him back enough for me to escape toward the door. On my way out I almost ran into the woman. She gasped, startled. "Omo! You surprised me! Oh? What happened to you?" She looked over me with concern, seeing my flustered state. 

"Seonsaengnim! I was cleaning my shirt in the sink when Kim Taehyung-shi just-"

"Yurim-ah~ there's no use in making up a story. We've been caught." Taehyung wrapped his arm around me. A smug look on his face. The teacher's face went through a series of phases; shock, suspicion, then stern disappointment. "Oops! You didn't let me button you back up, how forgetful!" He began reaching for my shirt.

I jab my elbow into his side which took him by surprise. "Why are you making it sound like-" I looked at the teacher who raised a brow at me. "Seonsaengnim, please don't tell me you believe..." I trailed off. There was no use. It looked exactly like what she thought it was. This situation was impossible. "Ah! This is so messed up!"

"Both of you get back to your classes. I'll make sure your guardians will be notified of this. This kind of behavior isn't tolerated here." Her voice was firm. After collecting my name the woman stepped aside, arms crossed, allowing us to leave. I was speechless but was eager in leaving the situation.

As I headed down the hall toward my classroom, Hoseok appeared to have just opened the door. Though his sight was set down the opposite end of the hall. An instant feeling of relief came over me as soon I saw him. My steps accelerated, "Hoseok-ah!"

I explained what had happened during the remainder of the lunch break. Hoseok was quiet as I told him everything, but his concern was apparent on his face. When I was done he expressed regret for not checking on me earlier.

"Don't be like that. There's no way you could've known I was in trouble." I reassured him. "I'm just glad you were there afterwards. I felt so relieved. It seems you're the only one who'd care about my well being." I chuckled weakly, still a little shaken from what had happened.

"Am I though?" He mumbled with distant eyes, as though recalling something.

My head cocked to the side. "Hmm? What do you mean?"

RIIINNG!

The school bell made me jump. Clearly I was still on edge. Lunch break was over. I looked down at my food that was only half eaten. Even if lunch were to be extended another hour, I still wouldn't have been able to work up an appetite.

"Yurim-ah, let's meet after school, okay? I'll catch the bus home with you." Hoseok said getting up. I blinked up at him curiously. He usually gets picked up after school.

"Are you sure? My house is kinda far from yours."

He smiled his care free smile. "Mhm! I'll just ask Noona to pick me up at your house a little later." I nodded, touched that he was being so considerate--even though it was no surprise. I was glad for his company.

TAEHYUNG

The four of us rendezvoused at the convenience store down the road. Outside of it were tables each surrounded by four chairs. Namjoon and Jungkook were the only ones with an appetite, eating ramyeon like their lives depended on it. I wished they were more conscious about their manners sometimes. The animalistic style of eating wasn't very attractive.

"Aish..." I cringed at them, my fingers cradling my jaw.

Not willing to watch them any longer, I looked to Yoongi who was sitting to my left. His chair was the furthest from the table, slightly facing elsewhere. One hand in his pocket, the other browsing his phone. The corner of my mouth curled upward as I studied his features. Whether it was his eyes, nose, lips, or even his fingers, they all were so delicate looking yet held a cruel existence.

Yoongi's soft, warm features flaunted before the world but he refused to let anyone have them. It was maddening! He won't even acknowledge his beauty much less let others have a taste. I pouted and crossed my arms as I watched him.

"What?" He grumbled in his deliciously low voice. His eyes still rested on his phone.

"I'm just hating you." I say honestly. "And loving you. And hating that I love you." He didn't respond of course. But I supposed that's part of what makes him so alluring. I squirmed in my chair. It drives me crazy!  "Yoon-yoon, let me have my way with you, please!"

"No." He didn't budge.

"How can you say no when we're friends? You're so mean!" I whined. "I can't believe I was rejected twice today. I don't know what's more damaging to my pride, being turned down by an ugly girl or by the one person that could be my equal."

"I thought you said the Park guy was your equal." Jungkook said after drinking all his soup.

"Hm? Oh. Yes well let's just say that's one stone I've turned already." I waved him off. "Maybe not this time, but one day, Yoongi." I vowed with certainty. As expected, the monotone creature remained indifferent to my advances. I continued to pout when Namjoon started speaking.

"So she didn't fall for it?" He asked me somewhat surprised. I could feel my cheeks getting warm while a nerve snapped.

It wasn't easy to accept; rejection. Especially from an ugly nosed girl who didn't even know how to style her hair properly. Though, like the day at the rink, she was cute when she got mad...and violent. I rubbed the bruise on my side where she elbowed me earlier. 

"Well to be fair I didn't get that much time with her. I'm sure she would've if we weren't interrupted. They always fall for me. Always." I pressed. Bitterness seeped through my voice. No one seemed to notice.

"Yes, how did that teacher manage to get by anyway?" Jungkook looked at Yoongi. "No one got past my side."

Yoongi looked up from his phone at Jungkookie. He must've detected a hint of blame. Both were capable of such cold looks and were relentless in these stare downs. I just continued to look back and forth between them, curious to see what would happen next.

"You had nothing but a hallway to guard. I needed to watch a hallway and both directions of the stairwell." There was an edginess to Yoongi's voice but he remained calm. "I heard someone coming down the stairs so I went up to keep them out. That's probably when that teacher got in from the hallway."

"Don't mind him, Yoongi. He takes these things seriously. Doesn't like failure." Namjoon mediated. 

Yoongi sighed then cut his eyes to the street. Jungkook's stare lasted longer but not by much. 

"Don't worry about today. Remember, the most important thing is to have fun." Namjoon sucked the bits of noodles from his teeth and leaned back in his chair. He then smiled. "Tomorrow's a brand new day!"

0