Ch. 3
657 1 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the war-scarred barren land covered with crumbled fortifications, ruined siege weapons, piles of armor and weapons of dead warriors, impaled corpses, dead Siegebreakers, and ruins and bunkers, many of which are still inhabited by demons of the burning hell—the armies of Light and Shadow clash across the fields of eternity.

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

This place is called Pandemonium, or the Battlefields of Eternity.

 

The place where the rift between the High heavens and Burning hells converges.

 

" Your rage makes you powerful. Yet you hide it from your brethren. Perhaps you fear them seeing you for what you truly are."

 

Said the hideous beast with crimson hide and two curved horns on its head.

 

I can sense it, the sheer force of terror from that beast... It's almost suffocating to even glimpse into its sight.

 

The creeping feeling of fear prying into my very soul.

 

This is the great evil that was born from one of the seven heads of the great dragon Tathamet.

 

The essence of terror, the worse and the most dangerous of them all, Diablo.

 

"I fear nothing!"

 

The cry come out from my mouth with those words my fear was replaced by unending wrath.

 

Then we both start clashing with Solarion, I need nothing else as nothing can surpass the force of the star and its heart in my hand.

 

Even the lord of terror is nothing in front of my might!

 

For I am the Archangel of Valor.

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

 

-Scene change-

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

Within the heart of Silver City of the High heavens, home, and the birthplace of our kind, angel, lies Angiris council the place where we the archangel rule the high heaven and determine the course of it.

 

"I say that the renegade must be forever imprisoned and his nest of demon spawn eradicated!"

 

Demand the Archangel of Valor.

 

" They are the get of angels and demons, with the taint and promise inherent...Left to grow, they might become more monstrous than anything rising from the Burning Hells. "

 

Itherael, the Archangel of Fate states his opinion.

 

" And so they must be destroyed! "

 

Imperius grew more impatient.

 

" But they also have the greatest potential to serve the Light...A potential that could surpass our own roles...And so I vote that they be given their chance. "

 

But Itherael has decided to support the mortal.

 

" Let their potential be developed...for in them I think there is a chance that we may see the end of our struggle at last! "

 

Auriel, the Archangel of Hope, states her vote for humanity's fate.

 

"Whatever the choice, in the end, it does not matter for me...I abstain."

 

Said Malthael, the Archangel of wisdom.

 

Then comes the last vote, Imperius trust he would share the same vote as him for he is the law of justice itself, and Tyrael has condemned their kind.

 

But his opinion would shatter his expectations of Tyrael completely.

 

" I did call them abominations...and I was wrong! My vote is for them...For I would see what they might become...and marvel in it. "

 

Tyrael, the Archangel of justice has voted for the sake of humanity, mortal, the abomination of Inarius and Lilith.

.

.

-Scene change-

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

" Tyrael, the ancient law of the High Heavens strictly forbids us from interfering with the mortal world! Yet you have done so—brazenly "

 

He had done the unthinkable again, his brother who he used to believe in.

 

Tyrael destroys the world stone that is the source of the great conflict to protect them, the mortal once again after three millennia have passed.

 

" All I am guilty of, Imperius, is bringing justice; while you hide, cowering, behind your throne! "

 

He dares to utter it and question his authority.

 

" Silence! "

 

Imperius summon Solarion to deliver the judgment for Tyrael's crime.

 

" You'll now answer for your transgression."

 

But he resists, Tyrael, the Archangel of Justice goes against the law, the very law that he used to thrive in and deliver judgment upon all kinds.

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

" You cannot judge me. I am justice itself! We were meant for more than this! To protect the innocent! But if our precious laws bind you all to inaction...then I will no longer stand as your brother. "  

 

He declares the sacrilege while pointing Solarion against Imperius' neck.

 

Then did the unthinkable for angels.

 

*———*

 

He broke off his own wings of light, the thing that tied to our very being as divine to be with them, the mortal.

 

What did he see in Edyrem during the Sin War that make him change this greatly? Tyrael...

 

 

-Scene change-

" Even in the heart of heavens... Angels can still feel fear..."

Then comes the day war returned to our home, once again, and it was led by no one, but the demon that he have slayed before.

 

Imperius summon Solarion and appear in front of the diamond gate to face it.

 

" My old enemy. You cannot hide from me, no matter what form you choose to wear. Let your true self be revealed...Diablo! "

 

He strikes it with the beam of Solarion and sees it burn away that mortal form that the lord of terror processed and reveals the demon that I've never seen before.

 

This is not Diablo that he slain ages ago, What has it become?

 

" Our long war ends today, Imperius!"

 

It made a charge toward and so was Imperius.

 

And the clash between the archangel of Valor and the Lord of Terror commences once again.

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

Solarion is breaking the very spear he use to end its pathetic existence is breaking.

 

How? This demon has become something worse...

 

Is this what you trying to prevent Tyrael? Thought the Archangel.

 

As it happens, Imperius still holding onto it as there is no way the demon has power above the spear of Valor that forges into the heart of the dying star!

 

*———*

 

The spear has broken.

 

" Ha—! "

 

Diablo's thrust penetrates his armor.

 

He finally felt it. Fear...

 

An Archangel of Valor, the very Aspect of Valor, him? Feel terror from the demon?

 

Ridiculous!

 

" What are you..."

 

The word was uttered by his sorry self as the golden liquid light poured from the wound.

 

And all emotion he can feel is nothing, but anger, no...Wrath, yes.

 

" So much for your valor, Imperius..., and Behold. "

 

The demon mocks and then turns to the diamond gate and lets out a cry that shatters the very gate of the High Heaven that has never been breached since its creation.

 

" I LIVE! But I am more than I once was. The Seven Evils are one within me. I am the Prime Evil! "

 

The demon declares its existence as the diamond gate fall.

 

The flame of burning hells sprawls out with it as a center.

 

The once clear and bright sky of the Silver City turns dark and the horde of demons soon follow.

 

" Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain but my laughter "

 

Spoiler

[collapse]

The invasion of heaven is here...

.

.

 

"Hugh!! Hah... hah..., ...what the fuck?" What did I just see? In that vision? dream? memory?

 

Is the authority supposed to do that?

 

Ain't this fate's servant stuff?

 

Why did I receive Imperius's memory?

 

It should not be just that, as later on the Nephalem slew Diablo, the Prime Evil, and then Malthael's shenanigans happen he(Imperius) was also there to see the Nephalem slay Malthael, the Archangel of Death once again and ascended to surpass both Archangels and great evils.

 

Just 3 weeks pass by since I came back to Kuoh and weird things start to affect me...

 

Why now?

 

I just shit talk about heretic god appearing honestly massive power-up is nice, but please don't ever appear!

 

I don't wanna deal with Athena like Godou and Ren.

 

Nor do I wanna get raped by fate and anti-fate shenanigans.

 

I know, I still have anti-fate cancer that clearly affects this world.

 

" Ha... Hu..., Damn, I sweat this much? Good thing my wings did not sprout in my sleep."

 

As I don't want to accidentally hurt my companion beside me who sleeps in the same futon.

 

I slowly get out of the futon and take the shirt off to clean up my sweat.

 

And then walk out to the yard for some fresh air to clear my head up.

 

"...Diablo—"

 

*Badum badum—

 

What is this unending anger coming from within by just saying that name...

 

Maybe...this is another clue that connects to what I am now...

 

But... the deal...

 

" Hmm... "

 

Might as well try it, I thrust my right arm forward with my index and middle finger together.

 

" I wish for the judgment of justice to be carried! "

 

*Silence... *

 

Nothing? Well, it's not hurt to try...

 

" Shame..."

 

I shrug then try another thing.

 

" Come! Solarion—! "

 

As the word ends the night sky briefly brightens above the house like a morning sun briefly appears and spits out the lance of light as if it were lightning that strikes down toward my direction like divine punishment.

 

*Fing—*

 

The sound of the wings of light sprout from my back and show its presence to the world as soon as the lance of light manifest into a golden spear in my hand.

 

Then everything returns to normal as if nothing unnatural ever occurs.

 

" So, this is what it feels like to use these authorities ...No wonder every Campione spam the hell out of them and did not bother with mundane magic. "

 

It is pure ecstasy the feel of everything will surely go your way and nothing can stop you, as the divine power that running in my vein command it, a very addictive feeling huh?

 

" Power of the gods, huh..."

 

I then glimpse at the origin of the blinding light that sprouted from my back.

 

These ember wings of light are cool as hell, it's the first time I saw them in person.

 

The game cutscene and those visions did not do justice to showing these wings, man.

 

Oh, Solarion too! What a beautiful spear, the armor did not manifest though, but let's save it for later.

 

As I'm not sure the ward of my house even works properly right now, with just the manifest of this authority.

 

While I marvel at the sight of my power I heard a panicked cry coming from the house.

 

"...Len! ...Valen! Where are you? Valen—"

 

As soon as The sliding door opens up the blonde bullet comes straight toward me.

 

" ...Why did you leave! ...Don't leave me...Valen...you promise!"

 

Elmenhilde spoke in a shaken voice while holding onto me.

 

She has been like this since that evening, during the morning she's fine and can be left alone, but when night comes she always glues herself to me as if she has fears of losing me if she lets go of my sight.

 

What did those vampires do to her that she become like this?

 

...Vampires of Draconic Deus are truly beyond salvation, huh?

 

*flashback—So much for your Valor, Imperius...*

 

Said The demon that haunted my dream.

 

You're wrong Diablo..., I am not Imperius.

 

Sigh...Calm down, Valen, calm, there still are probably vampires like her in the mix too.

 

You can't just go full genocidal on them, except maybe, those in the Tepe faction.

 

" ...Sorry Elmen...I have a weird dream, so I come to get some fresh air."

 

I dismiss Solarion, so I got a free hand to comfort her.

 

"...Please...don't leave me...alone...Valen."

 

She still wept while clutching me tightly.

 

"—!?" 

 

If this still going on, I'm gonna have to deal with an anger issue soon.

 

My wings also blazed their light intensely showing how much I am pissed off by the situation.

 

And by the way, I can move my wings like it's just another set of limp, so I move them to cover Elmenhilde to warm her heart up as the light of valor within them can help with her trauma even for a little bit.

 

" I'm here... Elmen, I'm here..."

 

Damn..., I Wish, I had Nike's Wing contract authority.

 

As it can grant her the feeling of confidence to fight those bad emotions and memory.

 

Also, I am totally gonna lose my shit over the vampire for sure.

 

" Drink my blood Elmen, it will help. "

 

I crouch down a bit and offer my neck to her.

 

" !! "

 

She reaches out for it immediately.

 

"..."

 

It's quite ticklish when she sucks my neck like this but if it calms her down so be it.

 

Finally, she manage to calm herself down after a while and with almost severe blood loss for me.

 

" ...Have you calmed down?"

 

She releases her hand from my body and nodded.

 

" Un..."

 

" What are these lights? They're sprouting from your back? Valen?"

 

She asks while looking at them curiously.

 

" They're my wings, quite a sight, right? Though, I never tell you what I am, isn't it? "

 

I grin while using my wings to caress her head.

 

Hmm... these wings of light give me a possibility... Tentacle play?

 

I kinda feel like someone somewhere just muttered sacrilege to my thought.

 

She shakes her head and speaks.

 

Uh-un...It's fine, I thought you were a Nephilim since I can sense a holy power from within you, but it never hurt me."

 

She then touches one strain of the wings of light gently.

 

" It's warm... like your blood."

 

She uttered quietly.

 

" ...Thank you, Valen."

 

I shake my head and said.

 

"...It's my responsibility that you got chased out of your home Elmen, you don't have to thank me. "

 

" No, it's not your fault! That I...never see them for what they truly are! "

 

She spoke with red eyes while tears slowly form in them again.

 

" No one...no one...Valen...Believe...in...me, at all! ...Even my uncle, who raised me! ...or my cousin who has been with me since childhood ...no one...in my family thinks I am innocent! ...No one! "

 

She continues to tell her story with a shaken voice while tears flow from her eyes.

 

" ...Even then Lady Camilla only sentences me to exile, but then...the Karnstein...sent people...to hunt me down—"

 

" ...The maid who had been serving me stared at me with disdain...while trying to kill me...Or the personnel of family that had been on that trip with me...every single one of them! ...Why? They should know that I never contact the Tepe or betray our family! ...For a month, I've been on the run even then, I never try to hurt them... Yet why? "

 

"...Because I am the heiress of the Karnstein? ...have uncle truly wanted the house for himself and my cousin? ...Please tell me! "

 

She then stares at me intensely with her teary red eyes.

 

"...And you Valen ...even you were the cause of all this! but then... Why do you have to be like this? ...you give me a place to stay, feed me, even go along with my selfishness! ...I want to blame you for all this Valen! "

 

She said while gripping my hand tightly.

 

It...Understandable I would too, but man... never thought the Karnstein would end up on my shitlist too.

 

Well, their fate already seal to be turned into an evil dragon by Rizevim anyway...

 

Unless—then the unending wrath begins to surge in my heart again.

 

*Badum Badum—*

 

No, I can't lose control of my emotion much more than I am right now.

 

The divine power in my vein heated up like never before during the story that she had been telling.

 

As I fall into a dilemma Elmen speaks up again.

 

" I can't...Valen...I can't blame you at all! ...Why do you have to be this kind to me? ...I want to hate you, Valen. ...I really want to! "

 

I can only put on a pained smile in response to that statement.

 

" You can hate me...Elmen. It's my fault for not telling you that my blood is different from most people's. Or—"

 

Should I tell her about Valerie?

 

...No, let's do it later, I'm gonna storm Bran Castle in former Wallachia anyway, might as take her along to clear up with the Camilla.

 

As I was lost in my thought suddenly Elmen pull my face toward her.

 

"!?" "—"

 

She suddenly stole my lib at a moment's notice.

 

"—Baka...How could I blame you, while you make me become like this? Baka Valen!"

 

She hit my chest lightly with her small hand while blushing furiously.

 

...C: Can't tell

 

I'm joking, of course, first Serafall, now Elmen too..., but we just spend like a week and a half together though?

 

Considering her circumstance she just tell me...

 

Is this the famous Stockholm syndrome plus suspension bridge effect at work like those Isekai protagonists used?

 

Nah..., It's just DxD... Or Does this body still have Stellar's charm stuff without her soul in it?

 

Why the hell do I sound like I'm in denial?

 

I then broke into a smile after clearing out a silly thought.

 

" Thank you, but I never thought you would attack first Elmen∼."

 

" Quiet! Baka Valen! "

 

She poke my chest while hiding her flushed face.

 

"—Alright, I'll tell you a bit about what I am, Elmen."

 

I grin and manifest Solarion again this time silently as the shining white mist with an ember hue forms into a golden spear in my hand, then ember wings of light spread out to their full glory.

 

A golden crown-like halo formed above my head as my divine power seeped out a bit, but it did not pressure nor hurt her at all.

 

" !! "

 

She stares at the sight with amazement.

 

I smirk and said the word that came to my mind along with some kind of memory of me being somewhere in the middle east country couple of years ago and stumbling upon some kind of ancient ruin.

 

" I, Rokuhara Lancaster Valen, a Slayer of Imperius, the Archangel of Valor. "

 

I then dismiss all of that, as I don't like being flashy.

 

" Simply, I am a god slayer, Elmenhilde."

 

I wink at her stun expression.

.

.

 

-The next day-

Morning arrive without much change as Elmen was still clingy to me in the futon as always and for her reaction to last night.

 

She's just glad that, I'm fully capable of thriving in the supernatural world without a need to worry as she has been worrying about me each night.

 

When I go out to hunt an Ayakashi alone or when I'm going to work as she still has a trust issue with the devil overseeing the town even though, it's a lends territory from the Shinto faction.

 

Quite sweet of her—ouch! Why pinch me Elmen? I still did not say anything...

 

" I know you think of something rude about me! "

 

Her tsundere is getting out of hand lately huh?

 

" Who's tsundere, Baka! go to work already, you'll be late! "

 

She shoos me away while blushing red.

 

"∼Yes yes, my lady, I'll go now, take care okay? If there's anything you need just call me."

 

I wave at her lazily while getting ready at the entrance.

 

" I know—ah, wait! "

 

She runs back to the kitchen in a hurry and then comes back with a bento box.

 

"—Here take it! "

 

She shoves it into my hand while looking away from me.

 

I can only smile at the sight of her.

 

" Thank you, Elmen, I'll enjoy it! "

 

" Of course, you have to! I made it after all—Stop hugging me and go away!"

 

She smug and then try to shoo me away from her.

 

"∼Fine, then I'll be going Elmen, take care! "

 

But before I could open the door and go out she pulled me in a give me a peck on the cheek.

 

" Please take care, Valen."

 

She said while still trembling from it, so I just nodded to her

 

"Got it."

 

And went on my way before she reach the limit.

 

Kinda hear a bit of a squirm and shriek from the house, but I guess that's just Elmen still embarrassed about that exchange, huh?

 

Anyway, about the Shinto faction, it's not Amatsukami or Takamagahara gods, but rather from a land god, a Kunitsukami that lends this town to the Gremory and Sitri.

 

Even though this town is more of a Nura clan jurisdiction, to be honest.

 

It's in the Eastern half of Japan and the Tokyo area...I forgot to talk about them, didn't I?

 

Yes, the Nura clan from Nurarihyon no Mago is a ruler of the East youkai faction and all of Japan as Rikuo did follows his dad's step in unifying the youkai.

 

He is also, an ultimate-class Dai-youkai like Yasaka.

 

Anyway, let's call my dearest uncle a bit as I need to verify something before reaching my destination.

 

...Still, how the hell do I still have my old-life smartphone, here?

 

Please don't take it away! I'm not complaining.

 

*Ringtone∼*

[Ciao∼, Valen this is your favorite uncle speaking∼. Wanna hit off at the club again?]

 

Said the nonchalant voice of the Grigori leader.

 

" Hey, Uncle∼, No thank you, I'm a bit busy these days maybe later, but do you remember the ancient tomb, I found in the Iraqi desert 4 years ago?"

 

I ask while trying to reach out to a memory from last night.

 

[Buu∼ Don't be such a party pooper, nephew, but which Tomb? ...ah! That one in old Assyrian? or the Sumerian one? Babylonian? Damn, there are too many tombs in that area! I only remember grave rob—ahem, I mean archeology finds a Gilgamesh's tomb!]

 

There is Gilgamesh's tomb there too huh?

 

Probably not impressive as Nasuverse one, as this one sucks at his job.

 

I mean look at all the pantheons around this world that are still alive and kicking. 0/10.

 

" ...The one where it has a carving depiction of war between demon and angel in the Pillar at the center."

 

Now, I think about it those carvings are like in Tristram... that's not a Tristram cathedral, right?

 

[Oh! That one is such an interesting find! a couple of millennia-old gothic-style buildings in Mesopotamia! You found something good for me you know! You manage to get my ass off the lab after all∼.]

 

He just confirms what I fear...

 

" Did you check the underground of that place yet? "

 

As I don't remember looting the whole thing except where I slay Imperius.

 

[I did. You stole everything you rascal! Leave me with something to work with, will ya?]

 

 

" I found that place a year before I met you uncle...why should I leave those artifacts to rot in there? So...any interesting news I need to be concerned with? "

 

[Buu—Fine! That's fair! Mmm...Well, there's a comet strike at the tomb you found—]

 

The what!? Comet? Shit!

 

Why demon has to be a thing here?

 

Why?

 

" Uncle, Is that comet contains some kind of shard of gem or a stone? "

 

Anything, but soul stone pleases!

 

[Nah... nothing like that, only a metallic shard looks like some kind of a sword, but it is only one part of it, so I can't be sure well, it's a divine weapon for sure as the divine aura in the blade is intense like a complete Excalibur or Zeus's Astrape. This must be a major god weapon for sure.]

 

...I think I know what it is.

 

" Please keep it safe Uncle, I think I know who it belongs to also, Are there other places that got hit by a comet as well?"

 

Why do Diablo shenanigans have to start now...

 

[That's for sure this thing is mine now, I found it after all! and Yep, the other two places got hit by the other comet too, Do you think it contains the rest of this blade?]

 

So it is El'druin...

 

" I think so. Can you find them, Uncle? I'll owe you one. As that thing need to be keep away from bad hand."

 

No way, I'll let the sword of Justice fall into someone else hand.

 

At most, he probably gonna send me along with the slash dog team to work a couple of jobs for him.

 

Or I can just sell Issei out, but I think I'll sell him to Sirzech through Serafall cuz you better have more than one of the oh shit! buttons.

 

[Sure..., I want it anyway, for the favor∼, Oh right∼! I'll send a surprise for you∼ look forward to it my dear nephew!]

 

I hope it's not Vali... I have a bad feeling about this.

 

" ...Okay, I'll end the call now. "

 

[—Wait wait, how was that vampire lass in your house is she fine? We're the ones who told her about your place after all.]

 

Thought so, as only Grigori and the Norse know where I live.

 

" Elmen? She's fine just got a bit of baggage that can be healed through time. But I'll go stir something up in Romania soon. "

 

And kidnapping a dhampir.

 

[ Oh, youth∼! just like Tobio a couple of years ago, good luck though. And Valen, don't forget to come to the Tobio's place sometimes, those kids in the slash dog team seem to enjoy your company.]

 

" Hmm...since it's the weekend, I'll go with Elmen tomorrow, see you, uncle."

 

[Did you tell Serafall about that lass yet? ∼anyway, see ya!]

 

...Shit, I forgot to tell Sera about Elmen living with me..., you know what?

 

I'll tell her through Sona as it seems I gonna have a sit-and-talk session with them soon not only about Elmen but about potential demon incursion and others too.

 

As I'm gonna need help in kidnapping Valerie and tell Sera about whatever the old satan is up to.

 

Today is quite a long day huh? those dream/memory of Imperius.

 

Elmenhilde's trauma and then El'druin, the sword of Justice appear in this world.

 

And it is still March, boy when canon starts in May.

 

It's gonna be an absolute cluster fuck for sure.

.

.

30