Chapter 110:Quirks
278 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Simon was brushing Amy's fur while she was in her monster form. 

Something he learned during his, still ongoing, tutelage under Flora was that monster girls had certain 'happy' idiosyncrasies. For example, aquatic monster girls do not need to stay in the water all the time. However, it keeps them in a happy mood and raises their mood if it is low. 

There were some caveats this, of course. Firstly, it was more effective low tiered monster girls as the more complex the monster girl's thoughts became the less effective it was(though it was still a viable option). And for another, after a bond a monster became super obedient to the point such an action would more of a waste of time for the Tamer. 

Regardless of how they were treated, they would very very happily accept their lot in life. Such was the might of a complete bond. Also a single feeding session trumped any and every attempt to sooth a monster girl. So it became a quirk for low level Tamers to decrease the bonding time for the most part. Very few high level tamers engaged in this especially after the bond.

So why was Simon adding his name on that small selective list?

Because Amy was sad and he was very keen on making her not sad. For beast type monster girls their was a wide range of possible quirks. From grooming to belly rubs to playing fetch and so on. Amy had multiple ones, and so did Stella. 

Right now Simon was engaging in one that calmed down Amy who got very distressed when he had admitted to putting some brakes on his powers. But she was simple creature and an hour long grooming sessions calmed her down almost completely, if he was to judge based on the emotions bleeding through her bond. 

Feeding also worked, but he was cutting down on that after a rather stern lecture from Flora. He was told that using feeding as catch all was not going to work especially after more monster girls joined and Simon agreed, he was already finding it difficult to maintain feeding three monster girls so much everyday. It was still doable, but Simon instinctively knew that adding another member would be too much even for him.

He cut down to a single meal per monster girl, a fact that greatly miffed his spoiled Amy. And to find other ways to spoil his little monster girl he had taken up this new hobby.

But the monster girl was content for now and so he shifted to more important things. Namely his future.

This consisted of three things. First, finding a way to bond his succubus teacher. This was nagging desire at the back of his mind and despite how much he tried to reason a way out of it, his desire as a Tamer refused. He would have her.

The second thing was to get stronger. And while all the knowledge he had been gaining was helpful, the fact that he could now delve was a great boon. Especially as he would gain more monster girls that way. A tangent from that was the training in the Arena. He avoided that till he get more of a steady footing at this academy but now that he had gotten a delver's license he felt it was past time he engaged in more of the school's systems.

Finally, he needed to make friends and strengthen the ones he already had. Because of that traumatic experience and how okay everyone was to everything he might have been trying to subconsciously distancing himself from everyone else. He also kept pushing the issue further and further. Well, now he had gotten his license and based on the promise he had with Flora, now he needed to make a new friend before the week was over. Otherwise, based on his own bet, he would have to join Daiki's faction and he would never join that asshole's faction. Simon hated the guy's guts too much.

'Hello Blessed one! I am so sorry to interrupt your quiet evening but you have been requested to join a meet up with a visiting dignitary! Participation is not mandatory! However, if you choose to do so Planar University will reward you with 10,000 school credits! You will also gain a free coupon to purchase anything from any of our shops up to the fifth tier(mythic excluded)!'

The sudden voice from the Planar University mental communication relay broke him out of his trance.

"What?..." 

Being so distracted he did not catch any of what had been said.

The feminine voice immediately repeated the earlier statement in the same overblown manner.

"What?" He asked again, despite properly listening to it he still could not make heads or tails of the context.

'Master, I believe this to be a great opportunity! You should accept it!'

"What is a visiting dignitary?" He asked trying to cut to the heart of the matter.

'A human woman!' Both telepathic voices said in perfect sync, which amplified the words in his mind.

"Oh... Oh!"

10