Chapter 112:Choices
286 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am."

Simon had to argue in favor of meeting the mythical and scary woman despite him agreeing with his advisor. Who, despite being very busy, had taken time out of his day to visit him and give him his opinion. Which boiled down to not coming in contact with the noble.

However, he trusted Flora more and she told him it was beneficial to get to know the mythical creature known as a woman.

"Alright. But, and I say with the greatest of concerns, be careful."

Michael's tone was grim adding an extra layer to his already scary warning.

Simon had to hold back from making an audible gulp as he walked past the pudgy man who looked like he was well into middle age. This was probably because he found an ageless monster girl late in life. Because he was sure that the man was over a century old at least.

But that was neither here nor there and he moved past his advisor with an added tentativeness in his steps.

‘I do not like that man.’

Simon heard in his head.

He raised his eyebrows at that.

“Why?” He asked out loud at seemingly the empty air.

But the monster girl it was directed to, answered back.

‘I will tell you about it later.’

He nodded as he walked the stone pathways to the greeting hall.

It was a fancy place where they met famous people or for campus-wide announcements. At least, that was what everyone else commented about the place. He had only been here once before and had formed no personal ideas yet. It had been relatively empty and he was there for the regular announcement.

Today, however, it was jam-packed with people. It was probably the single biggest concentration he had witnessed in his life. That included the fiction he sometimes liked to read. The numbers were not even padded with monster girls which was a novel sight.

Before he could voice his question.

‘It is considered bad etiquette to have bound monster girls out in the presence of royalty in peace times.’

He just nodded as he walked into the crowd.

Surprisingly, or maybe not, he was not sure. But the mass of Tamers started parting as soon as he approached them keeping a sizeable distance from him.

‘They know you are someone important based on the clothes you are wearing.’

Simon looked down at himself, the overcoat he normally wore was not there as it was was currently it was currently in a non-physical state. A small feature of monster gear was what people liked to call a small state where they reduced their size to imperceptible levels to not get in the way. This was especially helpful if multiple monster girls occupied the same gear slot, such as two armor sets(this was also the reason why monster gear was always a perfect fit). They can still impart the gear bonuses while being out of the way. The only exception to this tended to be weapons because one needed to use the weapons for them to be useful.

Shrugging he entered the space of the fabled. When he reached the boundary he was promptly guided where to go using psychic commands from Planar University.

He entered a very ostentatious room where stood a total of 10 people, half of whom he knew and one he knew in passing. These people consisted of the blessed four and Jimmy as well the school head.

This was the first time he met the most powerful man in the school and said man exceeded Simon’s expectations.

He was in what Simon would call mage garbs and said garbs quite literally looked like a starry night sky. On his left hand was a staff of ebony black tipped with a ruby red gem that constantly pulsed with light.

Everything about his attire suggested to Simon that he be a very old man but that could be further than the truth. The man looked young only a little older than Simon himself yet he knew the man, despite the genial smile on his face and overall easygoing demeanor, had seen more shit than everyone else in the room combined.

It was the man’s eyes, Simon had seen those types of eyes only once before. Those eyes carried an overpowering sense of strength and duty. His father had this type of eyes.

Then his eyes shifted to the belle of the ball and had to do a double take. Simon was sure that the female form in front of him was a woman, it could not be anyone else. That was easily deduced by the power Simon could feel roiling off the woman and the fact that she was the only woman there.

But all of that was with expectation, what he did not expect was the rather off features she carried.

Simon was used to monster girls and the one similarity in every single one of them was perfect symmetry in features and no blemishes unless it was a monstrous feature. He thought such things were only relegated to tamers.

Not if the vision of imperfection in front of him was anything to go by. She was wearing very fancy attire that accentuated a form that had almost no outstanding qualities. Even the most petite of monster girls had multiple stand-out features that aesthetically attracted men to them. The nicest thing he could say about the woman in front of him was that the dress she was in was very beautiful with a brilliant white base with gold trimmings. She was even wearing some sort of artificial covering on her skin to make her more pale and add a blush to her cheeks. Yet none of that would be of much use if the base was unappealing.

‘Master you should go stand next to the blessed ones.’

Flora’s words brought him back to the present and he realized he was still standing in front of the door. With a blush to his cheeks, he put his head down and quickly moved next to Daiki with sets of eyes tracking him as he did so.

10