Chapter 113:Merlin
253 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ah! Yes! The other gifted student of this year! Can you believe it, Erica? Two ascended ones and two diverse blessed ones in the same year!”

The headmaster and sole owner of Planar University stated that Simon went to join his group consisting of eight young students like himself. Each of them was standing there with varying levels of confidence, ranging from relaxed to neurotic and everything in between.

“Merlin! That was highly classified information!” The woman, whom he now knew as Erica replied in exasperation.

“And pray to tell how were we supposed to hide that fact given that we are the only adults in the room?”  Merlin argued back with a raised eyebrow.

“That… is a brilliant observation… I concede this to you.” She said slightly bowing her head in defeat. And Merlin responded by softly putting his palm on her head.

“It is quite alright, I have been alive for too long to bother with much of the absurd stipulations you nobles love to preach.”

Given the absurd power wafting off the woman, it was an odd scene seeing her bow to someone who; had no power at all?

Simon did a double take as he realized that everyone in this room outside of the headmaster had an aura about which reacted to him in a certain. Jimmy and one of the yet unknown Tamers gave him the impression of being equals. The blessed four with the other unrecognized was superior but not enough to be threatened by it.

Erica was the most powerful being he had met up to this point by an extremely large. She practically radiated it. However, it did not raise his hackles like bound monster girls or Tamers. It was more of a recognition than anything else.

Then there was Merlin and Simon got absolutely nothing from the guy. Every being he had met since that night when he had awakened gave off some kind of aura or presence. The effect was much more muted in dungeons but even there he could get an idea of things. Merlin was a complete blank.

The man might as well be a rock… not even a rock had a very tiny insignificant presence. The only reason Simon did not detect this anomaly was because some of the jewelry on his person had a presence. But himself, the garb, and the staff were just holes in his magical senses.

This time it was his logical brain that broke out in a cold sweat. Because Simon had never felt it before, and given that there were literal legends surrounding the man in front of him it could only mean one of two things. He was so powerful that it superceded his senses or he was so skillful he could effectively erase it.

In any of these circumstances one thing remained absolute, Merlin deserved his legendary status.

While Simon was having his usual silent phases the rest of the group started to relax more and more around the two figures, especially as neither seemed to be standoffish or distant. The first to break the silence was the angelic boy Arsalan and given how he was the first to initiate during their initial meeting it somehow felt right to him.

“It is an honor to make your acquaintance, Madam Erica,” Arsalan said with a low bow.

The rest of the blessed four also gave their greetings following Arsalan though no one was elaquent as Arsalan.

Daiki’s words were downright rude as he only said a single word ‘sup’.

Simon tried to follow Arsalan but could only partially manage it finding the position rather uncomfortable. But given how Daiki acted, he thought that he was pretty good.

Jimmy looked too scared and out of place to do anything and one of the unknowns just gave her a slight nod.

Erica did not acknowledge any of them as her focus was still on Merlin.

She asked.

“So, why was I called? And why is it so public? I have known you for all my life and I did not know you to be someone to publicize the birth of a new ascended. Unless that boy represents you?”

The last words had a powerful inflection to them as she pointed a finger at Jimmy who looked even more scared but Merlin only shook his head in reply.

“No. But what I am about to say next is better with an audience and Erica, this one is worth your time.”

“Then get on with it. You might be a great hero but even you can't just waste my time.”

Her words were sharp but there was a sense of familiarity to them that almost made Simon nostalgic.

“Alright, alright. Forgive an old man for trying to be dramatic but I will stall no longer.”

Merlin said and with a snap, an old leather book popped into existence, one that looked very familiar with Simon but he could not quite place. Thinking about it oddly made his mind buzz so he decided to not focus on it.

“Do you know what this is?” Merlin asked.

“An old leather book?” Erica asked in exchange.

Merlin grinned.

“Yes. But you lack a certain bit of context. You see, it is a personal journal from one of the three lost heroes. Specifically [The self-sacrificing fool] Victor.”

“Really?!?!”

Everyone had a reaction to this bit of information and it varied a lot. But there was one unifying sensation of all their expressions, awe. Even Erica was surprised and awed at the revelation.

Again, there was this buzzing in his ear, only louder this time which almost made him shake his head in annoyance but he held himself back. There was something very very familiar with the name Victor but try as he might, nothing came up in his head, if anything, the more he tried the more intense the buzzing became.

After a bit he stopped and took a deep breath deciding to put the thing out of his mind. A soothing sensation washed over his mind, telling him that he did good, and he listened to this voice.

9