Chapter 118:A straightforward strategy
246 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hello young tamer, how may I serve you today.”

A tall Amazonian woman in what Simon could generously describe as a chainmail bikini primly asked him when he had approached her.

“I was told to come here and show you this. And you would tell me what to do?” Simon said the last part of his statement came out as more of a question.

“Ah, and I presume you are a certified delver?” She asked shifting her stance to give him more of a view, which had the added effect of flexing her muscles which brought attention to her most prominent features.

She was attractive but that could be said about any monster girl he had ever met. Monster girls were designed to entice Tamers. Even their ‘blemishes’ existed to entice a specific kink of certain Tamers because they would be compatible with those types of Tamers.

For example, he could say(not that he thought so) that she was slightly too muscular but at the same he had seen Tamers who drool over muscles like they were the most important thing ever. But that was the nature of things.

He had recently seen what human women looked like and as a first encounter, he could not help but be slightly disillusioned by their supposed divine status. Granted, it was probably because they stood next to one of the most powerful beings in Phunine and most beings would be found wanting next to such a Tamer.

Also, Simon could not follow their thoughts and desires as everything they did felt very nebulous to him. Compared to that, a monster girl’s much more basic desires were much more appealing. Most monster girls in the school had free reign to entice tamers and bonding with them was both free and encouraged. Situations like with his succubus teacher were the exception, not the rule.

He could respect the hustle of the monster girl in front of him. She probably had some of the most interaction with Tamers and it took only one to be infatuated with her for her to be set for life.

“Yes.” He said, psycho-analyzing the whole situation in his head as he answered that question.

“May I see the ticket?” She asked extending an arm out, again doing it in such a way to give him a view. This included an uncomfortable bend in her stance in an attempt to give the maximum effect.

‘You already have two frontline physical fighters. While I admire her physicality, she would not be a good fit for our team. If you are after another physical monster girl, make it a bestial variant. Then we can at least create a focus for you.’

Flora’s words made Simon realize that he had been staring. Turned out he was also not above his base instincts.

He handed his ticket with an embarrassed smile on his face.

The Amazon took his smile the wrong way given the grin on her face.

“My Monster ID is A.K.5.12213 if you are interested. But that’s for later, I see you are new. So, I get to give you the ground rules.”

Her tone went from regal to bubbly the moment she had thought she had a chance with him. This made him feel bad.

‘Master! Do not bond her out of a sense of pity! That is one of the worst things you can do! She will do this to every Tamer she meets till she gets bonded! That’s just how we monster girls are. She will not feel bad if you do not pick her up.’

Those words made him feel better and he was able to concentrate on the exposition of rules being dumped on his lap. Most of it felt intuitive but there were some in there that he needed to tune in for.

One thing he put particular attention to was a form ranking system and weekly rewards based on where you rank on the said ladder. It made him excited. There were also rewards for winning a certain number of matches a day called, ‘treasure boxes’. The sound of treasure was also very enticing and his desire to engage in the practice heirghtened.

After the explanation, he was allowed to pass her to a door that was standing on its own with magical particles whizzing around the edges.

As he passed her, there was a brush between his shoulder and her abs, which he was sure was very deliberate.Not that he minded, the touch was nice. But he put it out of his mind and went into the door.

There was the customary shift when he had entered and now he standing on a part of main amphitheatre.

Simon should not have expected much different but he had which was why he was slightly disappointed that the main arena looked the same as the training zone he had gone to all those months ago. But he quickly got over it when he saw how packed this arena was.

There were so many Tamers around that the shops lined the amphitheater now needed a dedicated area to themselves. He looked down at the theater to see a veritable war going on.

Many many tamers were facing monsters, monster girls, and other tamers.

From the distance, it was a massive spectacle. However, if he tried to focus on any of the fights, it was like he was having a close-up of said fight. This was not due to any of his enhanced senses.

It was some sort of spatial magic. Simon still kept getting surprised at the level of magic constantly on display at Planar University. The moment he got used to a thing, something else wild was introduced.

But that distraction did not last long as he bolted to the location the guard had said was the place to sign up for matches.

Finally, he had something he could focus on that was easy to follow and not some amorphous future. He was going to try his best to climb this ladder system and get a legendary monster girl. Then he was going to give a legitimate attempt at trying to win the tournament coming up.

Simple.

Straightforward.

8