Chapter 121:Pen-ultimate chapter(For this version)
1.2k 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Flora walked off the stage with a deliberate swag. She did not allow herself to be turned back into her gear form immediately. But she had done all she could. Anything from this point forward was on her master.

And, it was sad to say, but Simon was not a good Gladiator. Even the fight with the witch demonstrated just how good the Tamer was. She did not mean the monster girl; she quite literally meant that the Tamer was that good of a fighter. That was because of a distasteful skill that was common among anyone who took the arena seriously.

Soul linking, a skill that was highly discouraged among Tamers(especially Delvers), was being used here. The only place it had a lot of use for(and used by every high-level 1v1 specialist gladiator) was in the arena.

She hoped his master would win so she did not have to tell him about it. Knowing her master, he would try to learn it as soon as she mentioned. It was already a minor miracle that he did not know about.

Well, she had an idea as to why that was so. Simon’s distaste for many of the norms and the distance he had kept from all the systems up to this point were the prime reasons.

But, as with everything else, she was probably about to give more ground to him growing up. Something she decidedly did not want to happen. However, as fate would have it, everything around him seemed to force him to do just that.

                                                   CHOOSE YOUR NEXT MONSTER GIRL

With little thought, Simon chose Amy. She popped into existence on his side of the field without much preamble and started growling at their opponent.

Said the opponent, only raising an eyebrow as he chose his second monster girl.

On his side, a small puddle of green oozed out of the ground and started expanding. While that was happening, tendrils of green slime sprung out of the puddle and amassed at the very center…

Simon felt that Amy was about to pounce on the monster girl, but Flora shouted in his head.

‘Stop her!’

Bewildered but not stunned, he did as he was told and shouted.

“Amy! Do not engage!”

Amy’s stance changed from a pounce to a sitting one—a look of confusion on her face.

In the meantime, the ooze had finished forming with the same dramatic flare as Flora and Darky had shown in the previous match. He was about to ask Flora when she said.

‘You should fight now.’

At the same time, dozens of tendrils shot out from the puddle at Amy, who nimbly dodged out of the way of every single one. Simon was reductive when he made the statement. Especially given the speed of every act and agility Amy had shown to dodge every single one. That too by the skin of her teeth. All the while, she made it look effortless.

“Amy! Move in!”

‘Master! An ooze is very resistant to physical force. However, her monster core is often visible. Find and destroy it. That is the fastest method of victory.’

Simon relayed this message to Amy, whose canine eyes narrowed as she peered intently at her opponent while still deftly evading all the incoming attacks.

Her eyes sparkled, and she shot forward with enough velocity to leave a crater in her wake.

Multiple oozing tendrils shot forward but did little to stop Amy, who was too fast. And the few that did were not strong enough to have much of an effect on her. A wall of ooze shot upwards as she approached the puddle, but it was too late.

In her complete canine form, the wolf girl impacted the slime girl. However, the result was different from what Simon had been expecting. Instead of the form bursting in a slime shower as expected, Amy seemed to have passed through the slime while having her cannonball momentum significantly reduced.

Simon only looked on in shock and felt the same coming from Amy through their bond. She crashed through the puddle and skidded across the battlefield, causing the rigid earth to be gouged out and sent flying everywhere in a cloud of dust.

Simon felt no pain throughout the bond, only frustration as she regained her balance. This time, she did get hit by pelting ooze that the monster girl fired non-stop. And these only felt like irritating pokes, not anything substantial, but still annoying.

Again, she was back at the puddle of ooze. But unlike before, she did not shoot forward. This time, she dodged through the unending barrage, and when she was close to the puddle, she pounced at her opponent.

The wall was back up, but she burst through it with ease. However, as her momentum was much weaker, she was stopped dead halfway through. Quite quickly, she put her front paws on the vicious surface, and Simon felt her muscles tense.

But, the wall she was about to use for leverage lost most of its viscosity, and Amy fell downwards into the puddle. Immediately, vast amounts of slime engulfed his wolf girl, encasing her in a massive orb of ooze.

Only for long, though, as Amy bulldozed out of the bubble. A sonic boom followed as the bubble burst in a shower of ooze.

She turned and attacked again for the cycle to repeat once more. But she was not to be deterred as she kept trying to brute force through the liquid obstacle.

Simon was both amused and surprised at the stalemate. He knew without a fraction of a doubt that Amy was much stronger than Ooze, but neither had gotten the upper hand in this. This was both a good and bad thing. This proved that he still had a lot to learn, which excited him while at the same time, he could feel the mounting frustration of his monster girl.

He was about to give an order when Flora said in his head.

‘The battle is lost. Recall Amy.’

“What???”

A bombshell of a statement was dropped on his lap.

(So, remember when I said I would release a chapter a day? Well, turns out I lied! Instead, Here is every single chapter of this version of the story. See in about a week with the rewrite. Happy New Year!)(P.S. I will give you the overview about how the story was supposed to proceed sometime in the next week.)

10