Serafall
1.5k 3 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Serafall-

I'm looking at a young blond boy. Doing pushups on the training ground. Based on the small puddle of sweat forming beneath him he has been doing that for a while.

So that's Ria-tan's new knight. The survivor of the Holy Sword Experiment. Well not really a survivor he would have died if Rias didn't get to him in time. 

"Wow. He is cute." Tsubaki, that little girl has always liked younger boys.

 Ahh that little brat. He was training shirtless on purpose he is trying to seduce my cute little Sona-tan.  

"Well, he does look pretty cute." I say looking at my little Sona-tan for any reactions. If she so much as blushes that boy has got to go

"Nee-sama, Tsubaki. We are here on official business. Please try to be more professional. And why are we outside instead of meeting them inside?" Sona was feeling a bit uptight as always

"Because he hasn't left the training field since he arrived here 2 weeks ago. The only time he is in the mansion is for his lessons or to eat food. " I turn around and see Sirzechs standing there with a calculating eye. Hmm there must be something more to that boy

" "Lucifer-sama" " Both Tsubaki and Sona bow to him. I hide a smirk when he facepalms. He loves it when the old coots show him respect. But when two little kids just bow especially between allied families it's just weird. I have said the same thing to Rias-tan but she just doesn't listen

"Sigh, Sona how many times have I told you not to bow to me. You only need to do it when there are Non-allied families around." Sir-chan says with a wry smile. It gets old real quick when people bow to you everywhere you go. Me and Sir-chan don't need an ego boost compared to the rest of our kind. 

Frankly, If I knew how much of a pain being the 'Head of Foreign Relations' is I would have never taken the job. Some bastard young master is always causing trouble for me by reincarnating people from different factions. Oh how I wish I could just give them to the party's involved to take their punishment. But the old houses would have my head for not defending my kind. I am busy 24/7 keeping the other factions from not just straight up starting a war with us. Ahhh if only I could time travel and smack some sense into the younger me. 

Damn my father 'Be the 'Head of Foreign Relations' it is an important position he said. It will be a fun job he said. You get to travel outside of the Underworld to meet other people.' I haven't had a good night's sleep in almost a year. The Nekomata Incident was a nightmare. The Yokai faction has blacklisted Devils. Publicly they have a non-aggression alliance with the Shinto Faction but Yasaka serves Amateratsu as a shrine maiden so the Shinto Faction is hostile with us as well. 

Sigh that was a pain to try and deal with.

Sir-chan is the only reason another Civil war hasn't erupted. And he is terrible at the job. He is too soft to be handling Domestic Relations.

"That would be disrespectful to you Lucifer-sama. I can't do that" ~Ahh Sona-tan looks so cute when she pushes her glasses up like that

"Sirzechs-sama. What do you mean he hasn't left the field, surely he does other things except studying and eating?" Tsubaki was always a smart girl. She changed it to his name so it won't be as formal. Making Sir-chan feel better that someone is actually listening to him.

Sir-chan takes a complicated look at the blond boy. "No he really doesn't. He was studying for 3 hours a day. Which he shortened to an hour and a half, and trains for the rest, then falls asleep on the field when he gets exhausted. If he could he would eat on the field as well."

Now I'm really interested in the boy. 

"Sona why don't you and Tsubaki go find Rias and Akeno. They should be waiting for you" 

They just nod and leave. Sir-chan must have noticed my look so he sent them away.

As soon as they are out of hearing range I turn to him "So what's the reason you are so worried about the kid?" 

He just sighs and runs his head down his face

" The little brat. Refuses to serve Rias. He is actually resisting the Obedience part of the Evil Piece." 

That's.. Surprising. It's not something I would expect from such a young boy. The willpower to do that, is impressive. Not many could do tt at his age.

"He is also has a scary sharp mind for a child. It's like looking at a young Ajuka. He figured out the purpose of the Evil Pieces and had the gall to tell it to my face. He knew I wouldn't hurt him because it would make Rias-chan sad, but he kept it right until to where my limit was."

"Hmmm, so what's the problem?" If he is smart it's even better. 

Sir-chan just sighs again. He has been doing that a lot.

"His exact words were and I quote:

"I will not be a servant. I will fight for her, only that. I am not a butler, nor a toy. I will not follow her around like some lost puppy or go to parties with her. I will only fight for her for 100 years. Should something come up from her side that changes this deal I will be set free. I only want one thing. Revenge for my fallen comrades. I want teachers and facilities where I can train." 

"Ohhh, that's bad." That is not good

"Yeah, Rias will e the Head of the Gremory Family. If it gets out that she can not control her servant. It would be an embarrassment. We didn't sign a magical contract because I assume he is too young to know about them. But if we did. He would get away 'because-"

"-'Because if Rias-tan marries Riser, the situation would have changed as he would belong to Riser as well and he would be freed'. Damn, are you sure he is just a normal kid?"

He is way too smart to be an ordinary kid. 

"Now since we didn't sign a contract. I could always force him to do what I want. But the Obedience Seal isn't working at all. And he is very rebellious and ambitious. if I try and force him he might just hurt Rias-tan and turn Stray."

"And you interfering with Gremory Family Buissnis makes you look weak as a Satan and Head of Domestic Relations. Man, your sister knows how to pick them. This was pure luck right?"

If he pulled the same shit he did like with Baraqiel's Daughter and the Nekosho I will be pissed. He is blatantly helping Rias. I will do the same for my darling little Sona-tan if this keeps happening 

Sirzechs shakes his head "No I had nothing to do with this, and as far as I know neither does my family."

I narrow my eyes at him "I have already warned you before and I am doing it again. Showing blatant favoritism like this is unacceptable. If it happens one more time I will start 'helping' Sona with her perrage. Then when it's found out we both take the fall. And you won't be able to say it was Gremory's Family Trait. Dumb Luck. The only reason that still sticks is that they can't find proof. " 

Sirzechs cringes at the Dumb Luck comment. The Gremory Family Trait from his father is called Power of Luck.  But it has faded away, and there is no proof it still works. That's why he paid a fortune to marry Venelana Bael. He got the Power of Destruction and a very talented Son. Making it look like the Power of Luck was still working. 

They are doing everything they can to make it look like Rias has inherited the Trait. Not that it helps her at all. She is very lazy. I'm so glad my Sona-tan isn't like her. Her family setting things up is expected. But as a Satan he can't be doing things like this. 

"Come on I want to talk to the kid. Maybe I can convince him to be less hostile. I don't need another incident. Especially with his hate towards the Church and Heaven" I turn around and start walking leaving Sirzechs to his thoughts 

###

Word Count 1435

Opinions about the chap?

I think this sums up nicely of all the things happening around Rias. 

57