3. Bread
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that, the soldier take Ella and another villager to the city. The city called Lanuarii. The city is not that big but not small either. The city is not that rich but the citizen live without worry for food. But as you observe, there's a lot of children with dirty clothe and dirty hair on the alleyway. They looking to the stall with a lot of food, vegetable or fruit. They waiting for the food that will thrown away because of rotten or waiting for a person that nice enough to give them a food, or just searching an leftover food.

But not all of the child like that. A boy around 15 years old with 160cm height tailing a man with decent dark brown clothe and black long pants. The man just walking while looking around, it looks like he want to buy something. The boy slowly approaching that man from behind and when he already close to him, the boy increase his walking speed and after he close enough he start running toward that man. The boy's target is on that man's pocket. The boy's hand dive into that man's pocket and take small pouch inside his pocket and run away.

The man that shocked with what just happen look into his pocket after the boy take his pouch of money inside and switch his focus to that boy. After few second he finally realized what just happen. He get robbed.

"FUCKING THIEF!!!!" He shout and start running to catch the boy.

But with crowd on the street, that man can't find the boy anymore.

"FUCK!!"

Back to Ella on the entrance, after the soldier talk to their superior, they accept the villager to live in the city. But they just accept, after they inside the city, their life is on their own hand. How they will survive is up to them. Of course if they do a crime, they will get caught. Since all the villager don't have any relatives on the city, they don't know where to go. In the end they sended to the slums. There's house that abandoned because the owner of the house already died because of starving or sick. The house is just like other house on slums area, not good at all. Their house on the village even better. But since they don't have any place to go, they stay there.

Ella and another children that their parents get killed, well, Ella's parents already died long time ago though, go to the orphanage. The place is a bit better than slum but the condition is a mess. They don't have enough money to renovate the place, they even don't have much money to buy food. The money that should be send to them from the higher-up didn't come for some reason. The building is just one floor with just main hall that usually be used for eating, and bedroom.

For the food, they usually eat a bread that hard as rock but since they don't have any option, they eat it anyway to fill their stomach. Some of them even don't get bread to eat because they have limit for the bread. They prioritize the youngest to eat the bread but the selfish older child often took the youngest's bread to eat by themself.

For the first time, Ella can sleep on the bed. The bed is not that good but atleast she can sleep on the decent bed. Not on the cold floor or on the ground.

The next morning she had breakfast with another children. Its just a hard bread but she chew it with happy face, its not a grass but a bread, a real bread, so she happy with that.

When Ella enjoying her meal, there's a boy that approaching her. He is 160cm height and he older than her. 

And suddenly he grabed Ella's bread from her hand.

"Give that to me!"

Shocked with what just happen, Ella frozen and try to understand what just happen. One second later, after she understand what just happen, she look at the boy beside her with her bread on his hand and starting to eat it.

"Give it back!!!" Ella roared and trying to grab her food back, but the boy dodge her with walking backward.

Even though she already gain some weight, but her body is still far from normal. And even though the boy's body is skinny too but he still have some muscle. But that didn't stop her to take her food back. She jump towards that boy again like an animal. The boy dodge it again and start running while start chewing the hard bread. It take time to swallow it, that mean she still have some time to take her bread back before he completely eat it.

But the Sisters come and stand infront of the boy. The boy who didn't see she coming bump into her. He fell to the ground with sit position and looking to the Sisters

"Gil, what are you doing?" Ask the Sisters with angry tone  "You already have your own food right?!"

But before Gil answer her, Ella who still running to him push his body to the ground and sit above him. And suddenly she began to punching his face.

"GIVE *smack* ME *smack* BACK *smack* MY *smack* BREAD!!!!" She continue beating his face for few second until the Sisters stop her.

The boy, Gil, not hardly injuried because she just punch him few times and her punch is not hard enough. Its still hurt though.

0