Chapter 5: Peace
13.9k 22 228
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5: Peace

Inside the Palace.

Vivi watched the rainfall from the window inside the room where the rest of the Strawhat pirates slept.

Igaram, who has just returned, patted her shoulder.

“Can’t sleep?”

“No, I can. It’s just that I wanted to watch the rain for a bit longer…”

Lucas walked towards them with a smile.

“It’s over Vivi...Crocodile’s gone. No one will steal the rain anymore.”

“Lucas…”

Vivi let out a tear as she saw Lucas.

In truth, when she saw him again earlier, she had also cried for a long time and even embraced Lucas making him no idea what to do.

“Really, I...cannot thank you enough. If it weren’t for you…”

“I already told you, Vivi. I was simply in the right place at the right time. If it were you who had met Kohza earlier and not me, things would be much simpler.”

Lucas laughed.

He looked towards the sleeping Luffy and the rest.

“Really, the ones that saved the day were these people.”

Vivi laughed.

For a while, there was this strange atmosphere between them but Lucas didn’t notice it as he simply looked out the window as well and watched the rain.

Truthfully, this rain just now was no longer the rain he had made.

His rain was supposed to only last for a while but a real rain came afterwards.

Still, he wasn’t too concerned about it. He knows that even without his help, there would still be a rain anyway.

All he did was to call it earlier than scheduled.

Igaram noticed the subtle atmosphere between them and patted Vivi again before leaving quietly.

Vivi blushed and glared at him as he retreated.

Lucas looked at her and saw that she had her head down as if worried over something.

He thought for a while and patted her head.

Vivi was surprised and looked up to him.

“You don’t need to worry too much, Vivi. I know you will become a great princess...and someday, a great Queen.”

Vivi was silent for a while then asked as she looked straight at his eyes.

“How can you be so sure?”

Lucas was taken aback then laughed.

“Well, some people are just meant to be great. Just as Luffy is destined to be the Pirate King...you are destined to be a great ruler.”

Vivi pouted at his answer.

“But how can you know?”

“E-eh?”

“I-if you aren’t by my side, how can you know I’ll be a great Queen?”

“Uhh…”

Lucas didn’t know how to answer or what she was trying to say but a strange thought came to his mind.

“Vivi, you don’t need me to become a great Queen. You are fine as you are now.”

Vivi started to pout even more as she glared at Lucas.

With a wry smile, he placed his hand on her head again.

“Vivi, I...can’t be with you. There must be a reason why I was put in the path of Luffy...I want to go with them and sail the seas...I want to make Luffy the Pirate King.”

“...You just said that Luffy is destined to be a Pirate King. You don’t need to be there too.”

“Er…”

Lucas was now at a loss for words. He truly don’t know what to say!

Though the idea of staying and be with Vivi did tempt him, he still wanted to sail the seas and have adventures!

Vivi sighed and dropped her head.

“I know you wouldn't stay...as well as Luffy and the rest…It’s just...I will miss you guys...”

“Well, I will also miss you of course. The others too. I’m sure they will miss you…in fact, they are probably thinking that you will join them now.”

“But...I can’t…”

“...I know.”

For a long time, the two went silent as they both quietly watched the rain.

Several days had passed by. The others soon woke up and began to busy themselves with preparing while Luffy still slept.

“Whoaaaaahh! I slept very well!”

Finally, Luffy woke up.

“Huh? Hat? My hat? I feel very hungry! Where is my breakfast and my hat!?”

“It’s already dinner time. Also, your hat’s here.”

“Wow, thanks!”

Lucas handed the straw hat to Luffy with a wry smile.

Luffy took the hat and put it on then looked at Lucas again.

He stared at him for a while before suddenly screaming!

“Ahh! Lucas’ ghost!!!”

“I’m still alive Luffy.”

“What? Oh, that’s good then.”

“You just accepted it!?”

Usopp smacked Luffy with an incredulous expression.

Back when they woke up and found Lucas still alive, they raised a fuss and barraged Lucas with questions non-stop.

Yet Luffy just accepted the fact like it was normal.

“Oh, Luffy, you’re awake?”

“Zoro! Long-time no see!... Long-time no see?”

Zoro came into the room and looked a bit tired.

“Ah? Hey! Don’t tell me you went to train again!?”

Chopper immediately made a fuss as soon as he saw Zoro taking off his bandages without his permission.

“Long time no see?”

Lucas laughed and explained seeing as how Luffy is still confused.

“You’ve been asleep for 3 days now, I guess that’s why you felt that way.”

“3 days!? Which means...I missed 15 meals!?”

“How come you can count those kinda things so fast!?”

“And he counted 5 meals a day!”

Vivi laughed at that.

“Don’t worry. Dinner’s ready!”

It wasn’t long when the whole crew was guided to the dining hall and mountains of food were lined up on the table!

Luffy, seeing all these foods, immediately began to devour them all!

There wasn’t anyone who minded their table manners at all!

“Eat faster! Before Luffy takes them all!”

“Luffy! You just took my plate!”

“Seconds!”

“Is that still counted as ‘seconds’!?”

Lucas laughed at the sight of Luffy and the rest eating like there’s no tomorrow.

Suddenly, he thought of something and pulled out his smartphone and began taking pictures and videos of everyone.

At first, the soldiers at the side looked at them with contempt due to their improper table manners. But after a while, when most of the food was already cleared out, Usopp began balancing a stack of plates on his long nose which made everyone laugh!

After some time, they were led to the bath.

“That’s the best meal I have ever had! I thought of a quiet and tidy meal but wherever you all are, it would turn into a party!”

King Cobra laughed.

At the side, Luffy and Usopp both stood beneath a lion’s mouth were water was pouring like a waterfall.

“Zoro! Look! We can do training!”

“What training?...”

Meanwhile, Sanji asked Igaram.

“Hey! Where is the girl’s bath? Eh? Eh?”

“As if I would tell you!”

“It’s over that wall!”

“Your Majesty, you crook!”

Seeing this, Lucas laughed and joined in on the fun as well. Anyway, even the King is going to look, Lucas didn’t want to miss out.

Just as they looked over from the top of the wall, Nami and Vivi turned and saw them.

“Hm?”

“Hey, what are you doing!?”

Vivi screamed but Nami just sighed.

“Those guys…”

She stood up with the towel still on but only for a moment as it dropped off.

“Happiness Punch! That'll be100 thousand from each person!”

“NAMI!!!”

Luffy and the rest immediately spurted blood from the nose and dropped down including the King.

Happiness punch!

Lucas just laughed and gave Nami a thumbs up before dropping off as well.

Nami was stunned at that. Surprisingly, Lucas handled himself well.

“Thank you all.”

While laying on the ground with blood still dripping from his nose, King Cobra suddenly said which made everyone look at him weirdly.

“Perverted old man.”

“I’m not talking about that! I’m talking about the country!”

While still sitting cross-legged, the King...no, Cobra Nefertari bowed to Luffy and the rest.

“Hey hey, is it alright for you to do this as a King?”

“Cobra, your Majesty, this is a big matter! Kings shouldn’t bow their heads!”

“Igaram, status exists if you wear your clothes. But here is the bath. There isn’t a naked King! I am thinking as a father, with a citizen’s heart! To thank you! Thank you, everyone.”

“Shishishishi!”

Luffy grinned and laughed in response.

Nighttime.

The rest of the crew along with Lucas and Vivi gathered in the room.

“I think this is the right time to go. What do you think?”

“Yeah, the marine has started moving too.”

“Luffy, it’s up to you!”

“Alright! We should have another Alabastan meal before we go!”

“We must go now! Idiot!”

“Uwaaah!”

Vivi was silent as she watched them plan on leaving.

In truth, she wanted to go with them. She really wanted to go on an adventure and sail the seas with them.

The times when they were together were short, but those were memories that she cannot let go of!

Lucas saw her struggling, he sighed and placed his hand on her head.

“Lucas…”

“There’s no need to think so much. No matter what decision you make, I’m sure it would be the right one.”

Vivi sank in her thoughts more.

Lucas sighed again but already decided on himself.

It should be the time now when the new bounty posters for Luffy and Zoro to appear.

With this new bounty, the marines would be moving in on them.

Suddenly, a call from a den den mushi came in from Mr. 2 who had taken Going Merry to a safe location.

After thinking that it is probably safe to trust the guy, they all began to leave.

“Everyone...tell me, what should I do?”

In the end, Vivi still don’t know what to do as she still feels conflicted.

“Vivi! Listen up! We’ll give you 12 hours. When we get our ship back at Sandora River...then at midday tomorrow exactly, we will pass through the East Coast! I’m afraid we can’t stop there but forget it. If you like to come to travel with us again...that’s the only time you can come aboard! When it’s time, we’ll welcome you, but it’s Pirates Adventure!”

Nami explained as everyone got ready to jump off the window.

Hearing this, Lucas made a wry smile and shook his head.

Seeing as everyone has gotten off, Lucas also prepared to jump out the window when Vivi called out to him.

“Lucas!”

“...”

“I...Lucas, I…”

As Vivi began to hesitate, Lucas’ expression also kept changing.

Finally, he sighed and turned around.

“Whether you decide to be a pirate, or Queen...our feelings wouldn't change. The future is up to you.”

After saying so, Lucas didn’t wait to hear Vivi’s response and jumped off the window.

Vivi watched as Lucas and everyone else safely land and run off quietly out her window. Her cheeks puffed as he glared at the back of a certain man.

“...Hmph, just you wait…”

Meanwhile, on the marine’s side, Black Jail Hina has begun her preparations.

“Miss Hina! We found their ship! They docked in the upstream of Sandora River!”

“Hn. Prepare for battle.”

Time passed, Lucas and the others from the Strawhat pirates along with Mr. 2 set sail along the seas.

As expected, the marines had already surrounded them and began firing metal spears instead of canons, making Luffy quite pissed.

“Fire! Fire the cannon! Damn it! Just fire the cannon! I will bounce them back!”

“Don’t joke around anymore! If these metal spears break the hull, the ship will sink in no time!”

Nami shouted.

“It’s coming!”

Everyone glared at the incoming metal spears and did their best to prevent it from hitting the ship.

Lucas frowned and jumped on the railings on the edge of the deck.

“Hmph, shall we test out this new power of mine!?”

Focusing on his water powers, he found that not only can his body turn into water, he also has the ability to control the surrounding waters!

And this included the sea itself!

Lucas’ palms both faced upwards as he swung it up with all his might as if he was flipping a table!

“Sea Flip!”

Then, a huge wave erupted in front of him and descending outwards onto the enemy ships!

“W-what is that!?”

“A tsunami!?”

The huge wave instantly swallowed tens of marine ships!

It was a pity that none of those ships was the one that Hina was riding. Otherwise, he would’ve immediately defeated a strong enemy!

Well, it did sink a certain iron knuckled marine and hypnotizer…

“Wow! Lucas, you’re great!”

“Holy God…”

Luffy’s jaw dropped along with Usopp.

Lucas smiled wryly with a face that was a bit pale.

“Ahaha, that expended more out of me than I thought...It seems I still need to properly train after all.”

As he said, after that big move just now, about 70% of his energy seemed to have been drained and it was impossible to perform the same move again in a short while.

Hearing this, everyone sighed in relief.

“Damn, if this ability gets further developed...just who will be your match in the sea!?”

“Other devil fruit users are afraid of the seawater, but you're the exact opposite…”

“Shishishishi! That’s Lucas for you!”

Just as they were feeling relaxed, Mr. 2’s men reported.

“Mr. Bon Clay, bad news!”

“What is it!?”

“It’s Black Jail!”

“!!! Black Jail Hina! She is the commander of the marine around here! We better run! She’s a tough one!”

Mr. 2 shouted but Lucas and the others didn’t steer away.

“What are you doing!? Let’s go! If we head south, we have a small chance of getting out! If we go forward, we will sink!”

“You all just go whichever way you want. We go this way!”

Luffy answered.

“But why!?”

“We have a meeting at 12 on the East Coast. We have no time left, we must go!”

“Hey!...Really troublesome! Is there any treasure there worth waiting for!? Just go and die for all I care!”

“We are going there to pick up our friend.”

“!!!”


AN: Decided to round up the number to 5 chapters...I may not be posting for a while due to work but will post about 3-5 chapters on the weekends instead.

So, love interest with Vivi? When I was writing this, I was seriously torn with the decision of whether to have the MC go with Luffy and continue the adventures or to stay with Vivi, let their relationship develop, and write a sort of Kingdom building story but...I ultimately decided on going with Luffy so as to let MC interact with more characters and have a chance of changing some things. Also, I am not good at Kingdom building stories so it may end up not living to its expectations.

But the question is...will Lucas' involvement with Vivi actually change her decision to go with them? Or will she continue to stay and one day meet them again?

See you in the next chap!

*Oh, and I also made a Glossary here, you can take a look and see if I am wrong with anything. :P

228