Chapter 10: Big Changes!
11.6k 45 215
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: Big Changes!

Nami came out from the corner and looked at the direction Lucas left with a complicated expression.

“Hmph, such a cowardly pervert…”

Robin chuckled at that.

“Actually, I quite like him already. He’s very interesting...”

Robin smiled slyly.

Hearing that, Nami was as if a cat whose tail was stepped on!

“You can’t!”

“Oh?”

Nami blushed when she realized she was too anxious!

But Robin didn’t mind. Instead, she raised up 4 fingers.

“Shall we make a bet? After 4 islands, if I still can’t make him fall for me...I will not bother the two of you anymore.”

“W-why should I make a bet with you!?”

“Oh, so you want to share then?”

“No!”

Nami blushed again. But this time, she glared at Robin with fire burning in her eyes!

This vixen dares to steal from me!?

Wait, since when was Lucas mine!? It's not like I...but it’s annoying if he and this vixen get together and be flirty all the time!

Though Nami had to admit that she lacks in certain areas when compared to Robin...she didn’t want to lose out at all!

“Hmph! Fine! But a bet is only a bet when both wages are equal! If I lose, I will also...not mind you both!”

“Fufu, shall the best woman win.”

“Oh, it’s on!”

With a final glare, Nami left Robin alone and went to find Lucas.

Looking at Nami leaving as well, Robin let out a soft sigh and looked back to the ocean as she muttered.

“4 more islands...by that time...who knows if I would still be here? This silly girl…”

Back on the front of the deck, Lucas was completely unaware about the bet that seemed to decide his love life...if he was better at using his Observation Haki, he might’ve known something but as he is now, he still hasn’t grasped the full use of it.

At the front, Lucas saw Usopp and Chopper looking into the distance with Usopp looking through his binoculars.

“Still can’t see it, Usopp?”

“I haven’t seen it yet!”

Zoro also walked towards them after finishing up his training.

“It shouldn’t be so far away right? That monkey-man said that the area back there was his territory.”

Seeing as Nami isn’t here, Lucas added while looking at the sky.

“The weather has been steady for a while. We are probably in Jaya’s weather area.”

Luffy laid down on top of Going Merry’s head comfortably.

“Jaya must be a Spring island.”

“So warm, feels good.”

Chopper looked to the sky and saw seagulls flying freely.

“Spring is such a good season. Those seagulls seem to be feeling well too.”

Suddenly, the seagulls that Chopper mentioned landed on the deck with blood spilling out of them!

“Ahhh! They were shot!”

“Ooh, Barbeque material!”

“What...shot!? I didn’t hear any gunshots!”

Chopper was frightened but Luffy and Usopp didn’t believe him.

As if to prove his point, Chopper took out a pair of tweezers and took out a bullet from a seagull’s body!

“Look, a bullet! Judging from the angle of descent, it was fired from the direction in front of the ship!”

At this time, Nami finally appeared and heard their conversation.

She looked to the front but didn’t see even a hint of an island.

“Shooting from an island that we can’t even see yet? Chopper, that’s impossible!”

“But I was watching them!”

“Sanji! Seagull!”

Luffy didn’t care about it at all and simply cared about food!

Well, he is a rubber man, he is naturally the one who doesn’t care about bullets.

“Haha, if that’s true, with what kind of eye-sight, using what kind of gun, and what kind of technique does that shooter have? They probably got hit before and just happened to fall down right now.”

Usopp was still unconvinced but Lucas knows that Chopper is right. Those seagulls were indeed shot down!

This is the work of Blackbeard’s crew!

Lucas frowned and stepped in front of Nami just in case. He knew that the shooter won’t shoot again but he still wanted to be cautious.

Nami saw this little action of his and pouted.

She pushed Lucas away and made sure that they were still heading in the right direction.

Being pushed away by Nami, Lucas sighed again for the nth time.

After making sure the direction is okay, Nami looked at Lucas and was about to say something but when she turned to look, Robin had unknowingly latched herself to Lucas already!

Robin seemed to be asking Lucas about his phone and how to use it.

The two of them were also smiling and laughing together!

Pissed, Nami came over and snatched Lucas’ phone away!

“Ah? Nami?”

“Stop fooling around and prepare the ship! We are nearly there!”

“But, we can’t even see-”

Lucas froze when he saw the orange-haired demon raising her fist again and hurriedly left to...prepare things…though he has no idea what exactly he needed to prepare…

Nami glared at Robin again and left for her room as well.

“Hmph, I shouldn’t have agreed to let that vixen stay on this ship…”

Then, she noticed that she still had Lucas’ phone in her hands. After thinking of something, she smiled slyly and tapped on the camera icon on the screen.

Lucas had already taught her the ins and outs of the phone and could be considered as experienced already.

After opening up the camera app, she proceeded with taking lots of pictures of herself! She wanted to flood his gallery with only herself so Lucas won’t look at other girls!

Of course, she wouldn't delete pictures that were already there. She wasn't that mean...

After about a hundred or so pictures, she wasn’t satisfied yet and took another picture of herself with more skin revealed and changed it into the phone’s wallpaper and lock screen!

“Hehe, let’s see if you can still think of other women!”

Satisfied, she took the phone and was ready to give it back to Lucas.

Suddenly, she froze.

No good! It’s too embarrassing if she directly hands it over to him!

After thinking about it, she decided to leave it on the table near Lucas and hid nearby, waiting for his reaction.

After some time, Lucas was still doing his work and didn’t notice the phone. Nami was already getting impatient!

Just get your phone already!

As she is thinking this, Sanji entered the scene and noticed the phone on the table.

“Hm? Ah, this is Lucas’ phone?”

Sanji looked at Lucas who seemed busy at the moment and remembered that his phone was fun to play with, so he decided to open it and play.

However, just as he was about to see the lock screen, something struck his head and knocked him unconscious!

Nami wasn’t satisfied and repeatedly hit Sanji with the chopping board and kicked him a few times!

Lucas, who heard the noise, turned around just in time to see this scene. His body shivered!

A demon! There’s a real demon!

Nami’s appearance is truly frightening! He didn’t know what Sanji did but he prayed for his soul to hopefully ascend to heaven properly.

“N-Nami, calm down! Sanji doesn’t have a bounty yet! Killing him won’t give you any rewards!”

“L-Lucas you bastard!”

Ah, it seems that Sanji was still conscious but this was all he could utter before finally losing consciousness for good.

Once Nami was satisfied, she stopped and glared at Lucas.

Lucas felt the killing intent behind her eyes and was confused.

Just how did I offend this demon again!?

Nami didn’t mind his reaction. She grabbed his phone, fiddled with it and deleted all the photos of her! As expected, it’s too embarrassing after all!

Once done, she tossed it back to Lucas and left with a puff.

Still confused, Lucas looked at his phone and wondered what Nami did.

He opened the phone and found that there were no changes. He thought of something and used an app to recall deleted files.

Sure enough, when he recovers the recently deleted images...it was filled with pictures of Nami! She actually took selfies in all sorts of angles, poses, and...there’s hundreds of them!

“...It’s a good thing I didn’t tell them I can recover the images...this Nami is really bold!”

Lucas raised his thumb in approval in his mind and savored the pictures. Especially the one with more skin revealed!

Next, he moved them all in a folder named [TREASURES] and placed a password! The password is actually ILOVENAMI! Of course, he wouldn't dare tell this to anyone! This phone is now his sacred treasure which he can worship every night!

He looked at Sanji who was bruised all over and unconscious.

Sorry, Sanji...thank you for your sacrifice!

With that, he left and headed back to the deck as well!

On the way, he met Nami again who acted like she didn’t do anything and just directly ignored him.

At this time, they finally saw the island of Jaya.

“Hey, hey! It looks like a vacation resort!”

Usopp was excited while looking at the pleasant city in front of them.

“A resort?”

“Speed up Merry!”

“Yup, I feel like staying around for a few days there.”

Nami was also excited and couldn’t wait to land.

Suddenly, Usopp noticed the ships docked nearby.

“Umm, those ships at the dock look like pirate ships...am I just worrying too much?”

“Usopp, think! How can a pirate ship openly dock in public place?”

“Haha! That’s right!”

Just as they were happily talking, a loud scream was heard.

“Murderer!”

“...What’s wrong with this city!?”

Lucas smiled wryly and remembered the original manga.

The city on the west side of Jaya...is a gathering place of chaotic people where there is no law. Here, people attack, sing, and laugh with each other.

It’s the city of mockery, Mock Town.

Upon landing, Luffy and Zoro grinned.

“Seems like there are all kinds of people here!”

“Looks to me like a fun city.”

While looking at the two, Nami, Usopp, and Chopper’s faces were pale.

“It just can’t be done! It’s impossible for those two not to cause trouble!”

“Yeah...this city has enough trouble brewing already. Absolutely impossible…”

After much deliberation, Nami finally decided to accompany them, hoping that with her presence, there would be less trouble…

Lucas looked to the side and found robin had disappeared as well.

As he looked at the others, Lucas also decided to leave quietly.

He looked around and found a ship...this must be his ship. Blackbeard, Marshal D. Teach!

Lucas wasn’t worried about Luffy and the rest. He knew that although they will be insulted, they would be fine.

He waited on the ship for some time and finally...the man he was looking for had arrived.

“Huh? Who’re you?”

Blackbeard asked upon seeing a stranger on his ship.

“Blackbeard, Marshal D. Teach. It’s good to see you. I am Lucas, a member of the Strawhat pirates.”

Lucas gave a curt bow.

“Strawhat? Ah, you mean that kid huh? What’re you doing on my ship?”

His eyes narrowed and a faint killing intent could be felt from him.

“Oh, I am here to kill you.”

“...Zehahahahaha! What an interesting brat! Many have tried, yet I am still here. What makes you think you can do it?”

Lucas just smiled and slowly approached him.

Blackbeard just stood there as if he wanted to know what Lucas would do. Unfortunately, that was his mistake.

Lucas’ hand turned to water and shot out to Blackbeard!

Surprised at his ability’s nature, Blackbeard tried to step away but was too late.

“W-what...is this...power!? A water devil fruit shouldn’t exist!”

“Heh, you think your dark fruit is the only one which can counter devil fruits? Well, just stay still and drown. It’s pointless to struggle.”

Blackbeard’s eyes finally showed fear as he was slowly being engulfed in water!

“Why...why do you want to kill me!?”

Lucas grinned.

“It’s a secret.”

“You...bas...tard…!”

Unable to even summon his power, Blackbeard’s eyes slowly dimmed as he was out of breath...soon...his heart stopped.

Lucas let Blackbeard’s body go and was silent.

With this...Ace should be safe now...there’s no reason why he would get caught and that war would not happen anymore…

And Luffy...Luffy wouldn't feel so sad anymore…

Blackbeard was supposed to be a tough opponent, but he underestimated Lucas which caused his death.

Though there may be...unforeseen changes from now on, Lucas still decided that this is for the best. Blackbeard...must die!

Suddenly, Blackbeard’s crew appeared.

Seeing the body lying down, they were all angered and charged towards Lucas!

“Bastard! What did you do!?”

Lucas only looked at them with dead eyes. After killing someone for the first time, his heart was cold and tranquil. He didn’t know if this was because it’s his nature or if it’s also because of that fruit’s effect on him.

In any case...he doesn’t mind killing Blackbeard’s crew as well.

While pointing his finger at them, high-pressure water shot towards them!

Water Gun! This is one of the moves that Lucas had come up in his free time.

But it wasn’t over.

The water pierced their bodies but stayed inside.

With his control...he burst their bodies open with the water inside!

Looking at their dead bodies, Lucas cut off their heads and raided the ship.

His total gain was about 500,000 belis...these Blackbeard pirates at this time are dirt poor…

He has no idea what Blackbeard and his crew’s bounty is at the moment but still decided to turn it in.

“There should be a Marine office here too…”

After asking around, he found the Marine office and turned in the heads. Lucas has no bounty on himself at the moment and is not classified as a pirate so he intended to make good use to this.

Though he thinks that this Marine Office is quite pointless to be here...look at how chaotic this place is. These marines should be quite corrupted.

But after some...mild threats here and there, Lucas was able to get their bounties.

Total bounties...878,556,000 Belis...It’s lesser than he thought.

Well, Blackbeard’s bounty only increased to 2 billion after the summit war. Also, his crewmates aren’t that well known yet as they haven’t made their debuts.

Together with the money from their ship, Lucas now has 879 million on him…

Lucas grinned when he thought of Nami’s reaction to this...maybe he can buy her?

He quickly shook the thought away and silently prayed in the photos of his goddess in his phone. Wait, that goddess is also Nami!

While thinking of such idle thoughts, he left and went back to the ship.

As soon as he reached the ship, he heard some yelling.

“You guys...what’s with those wounds!? What happened!?”

“Nami-san! Are you alright, Nami-san!?

“Ahh! Doc...doc..doctor! Doctor!!!”

“You’re the doctor! So go give them some first aid!”

Usopp saw that Chopper forgot about his own role again that he slapped the back of his head!

Lucas smiled wryly and walked towards them.

While Chopper was fixing up their wounds, Lucas also used his water’s healing capability to heal the two of them.

“My healing powers don’t work great on devil fruit users but it should be enough to stop the bleeding, I will count on you to patch Luffy up, Chopper.”

“Leave it to me!”

At the side, Nami was frustrated.

“Even if all of you want to let go of the past, I am still angry! What kind of response was that! A real man would pulverize any challenger to dust! Argh! This city is pissing me off! Why didn’t you bash it into bits!?”

“...Just a little while ago, you were saying…?”

“That was the past, don’t bring it up! If you do, I will beat you to death!”

“...”

Aren’t you the one who just said that you can’t let go of the past oi!?

“Oh, did you guys discover any clues about the Sky Island?”

Chopper asked, seemingly excited. However, upon hearing the word, something seemed to have triggered inside Nami and looked at Chopper with a black face!

“Sky Island…!?”

“!!!???”

“I don’t care anymore, jeez...Sky Island, when I mentioned it, everyone in the bar just laughed! Is everything that I say always so funny!? Is it because I said it!? What did I do that was so funny!?”

...Something seemed to have snapped inside Nami as she was like a mad cat hissing at everyone!

Usopp and Chopper were scared that one of them pretended to be dead while the other used his Defense Point to guard against Nami…

Lucas smiled wryly and patted her head.

Nami jolted from his touch and was about to hiss at him as well when Lucas showed her a sack.

“Well, don’t be mad. Calm down. Here, this should cheer you up.”

Confused, Nami calmed down and opened the sack. Instantly, her eyes turned to Belis!

“H-how much are these!?”

“Should be about 879 million…-!?”

“Kyaa! I love you so much Lucas!”

“...”

Nami

(AN: felt like it's important I add this image here... :P)

Lucas was shocked! True enough, Nami is really so bold! To just go and hug him like this so tightly in broad daylight with everyone looking at them.

Though he can see Saji’s eyes burning from jealousy, Lucas ignored him and savored the soft mounds on his chest!

Usopp was also shocked and looked at the sack of Belis and asked.

“Just how did you get these, Lucas? Don’t tell me you robbed a bank?”

“Hm? Well, I don’t have any bounty yet and this place seemed to be full of pirates...I just knocked a few of them or so and turned them in. I thought with how beat up the ship is, you could use the money for repairs…”

“Kyaa! I love you so much Lucas!”

Oi!!! Why...why are you also hugging me Usopp!? I’m not into men so get the hell off!

Lucas’ face blacked and immediately kicked Usopp away while still holding Nami.

“So cruel…”

Lucas ignored him as well and savored Nami’s embrace a bit longer.

Hmm...she smell of oranges though...

Decided to post today since I'm on sick leave...probably not gonna post until Saturday though but I will try to post on Wednesday if time allows me. Wanted to post this earlier but went to a hospital where I saw this female doctor with a dark blue sweater but...see through! The problem is...she's an old hag. My eyes went blind...

So, most would probably complain about the first part of this chapter but...I don't care haha. I felt like writing it and so I did. Anyway, the 4 island thing, I looked up the sequence of arcs in the net and saw that without the filler arcs, the 5th island would be that arc with Robin and the CP guys so...we all know Lucas won't just sit idly by then XD.

As for the last half, we can see Lucas had somewhat gotten a hold of his powers. As long as he doesn't really use it in a large scale, there won't be drawbacks like exhaustion or fainting. But he is still plenty OP. So I killed Blackbeard.

The question is...will Ace trully be save because of this? Or will Blackbeard's death cause some...huge changes in the sea?

See ya in the next chap!

215