Chapter 35: Double Monitor
9k 22 185
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 35: Double Monitor

Alabasta.

Inside the royal palace, Vivi was looking through the newspaper with mixed expressions.

She was happy to see Luffy and the others doing well, worried that they had caused such a huge scene, and also confused…

The front page of the newspaper showed two things.

[Strawhat Pirates invaded Judicial Island, Enies Lobby!]

[Former Strawhat Pirate becomes the new Shichibukai, Guardian Wing Lucas!]

“Lucas...what happened to you…?”

Vivi muttered then sighed.

She was about to put away the newspaper when a few pieces of paper dropped.

These were...the new bounties of the Strawhats!

When Vivi saw these, she chuckled.

“They all seem happy.”

[Strawhat Luffy - 300 000 000 Beli]

[Pirate Hunter Zoro - 120 000 000 Beli]

[Devil’s Child Nico Robin - 80 000 000 Beli]

[Cat Thief Nami - 16 000 000 Beli]

[Long Nose Shooter Usopp - 30 000 000 Beli]

[Black Leg Sanji (Photo unavailable) - 71 000 000 Beli]

[Cotton Candy Lover Chopper (Pet) - 50 Beli]

[Cyborg Franky - 44 000 000 Beli]

Like in the original, Sanji’s photo was just a drawing as well. The only difference this time is Usopp’s.

Since he didn’t go as Sogeking this time, his picture and title had differed as well.

The title of Long Nose Shooter can only be blamed on Spandam as he used this description to describe Usopp…

As for the picture, it was even worse. The agent taking the picture was hit by a rubble and by accident, he only managed to picture Usopp’s nose…

Unfortunately, that was the only photo they got of him so it was printed like that.

Anyone seeing this wanted poster would give this a second glance.

Is that a nose? Or…

Naturally, Usopp stayed depressed for a week when he saw this.

Other than that, there was no longer a wanted poster for Lucas as he is now a Shichibukai.

Still, there was an image of him in the newspaper as well.

It was the image of him holding the flag of the World Government after he had fixed it. Behind him were huge white wings akin to that of an angel.

This could be said to be propaganda of the government to make Lucas look to be on their side completely. The name Guardian Wing could also be akin to him being the Guardian Angel of the World Government with this photo.

Vivi looked at this image silently, it was unknown what she was thinking.

Water 7.

Once Lucas had left, Nami handed out the manuals he got from Lucas to everyone.

“Listen guys. When you have time, train on these. It should help increase our power. Now that we caused such a huge scene, no doubt, we will be chased all over once we leave this island.”

“Hm? These are…”

Usopp took the manual and was surprised.

“Rokushiki? The ones used by those CP9 guys?”

“Yeah.”

“Where did you get this?”

Zoro asked.

Nami fell silent for a moment. She remembered Lucas saying not to tell anyone it came from him but...she was still mad from earlier. Anyway, it doesn’t matter since he showed himself earlier.

“Lucas gave it to me. It seems that as the new Shichibukai, he is entitled to have his own pirate crew. He took in the former CP9 with him and they gave it to him.”

“...”

Everyone were dumbstruck.

There seemed to be too much information from what Nami just said that they can’t process it properly immediately!

First of...when did Lucas give this to her? So she knew this whole time that he was here? Also, Lucas has his own pirate crew now? And he even took in the guys from CP9? They’re former enemies?

However, only Luffy didn’t seem to read too much into it as he laughed.

“Shishishi! So those guys are gonna be our friends in the future huh?”

“...This guy is so optimistic…”

Nami just smiled.

“But it is as Luffy said. If all goes well, those strong guys will most likely become our future allies. Lucas told me that he planned to make a separate team who can back us up if ever the need arise and I agree. This time with Enies Lobby, we were lucky. Who knows what sort of troubles we will encounter from now on? Especially with our captain like this.”

“I guess you're right…”

Hearing the last line that Nami said, everyone instantly agreed…

After that, Nami told Zoro and Sanji what Lucas told her and they also agreed. Ever since they saw the Rokushiki, they had also wanted to learn a few things from it but didn’t have much chance to do so.

Now, there was the manual in front of them. And if it can increase their power, there was no reason why they wouldn't learn it.

Robin also seem to be interested in Shigan and Rankyaku.

Everyone imagined her arms and legs popping up all over and using Shigan and Rankyaku. Suddenly, they shivered.

Damn! If Robin manages to learn these two techniques...she would surely be so hard to fight against!

“Yosh! There’s still time before our new ship is built, everyone, start training so we can get even stronger!”

“Oou!”

While Luffy and the gang started their training as they waited for their new ship, Lucas was already on the seas and headed for Alabasta.

Lucas stood at the front of the deck and closed his eyes as he felt his surroundings.

The cold wind that brushes along his cheeks...the touch of the water that sprays on his face...and the vastness of the sea below…

In the past, Lucas felt quite burdened watching over Luffy and the rest, making sure that they were safe and not have any accidents.

Of course, this burden wasn’t something he hated at all. In fact, he still liked the idea of protecting the Strawhats.

But now that he’s separated from them and decided to let them develop on their own...it was like there’s this weight on his shoulders that was lifted.

He felt more free than before.

At this instant, he seemed to have grasped some kind of power and he felt the ship...turn into water!

Shocked, Lucas snapped out of it and looked at the ship...only to find it return back to normal.

Lucas blinked for a while.

Was that...awakening? But...how did he activate it?

Lucas tried to do it once more but was unable to turn the ship to water again.

Eventually, he sighed and gave up.

Then, he heard something splashing in the water behind the ship...it was Hina, nearly drowning.

She must’ve sunk earlier the moment the ship turned to water and was unable to get back up when it solidified…

Since Hina was also a devil fruit user, she is naturally unable to swim at all.

Lucas sighed and controlled the water around her to lift her up and drop her on the ship.

“Cough cough...what...just happened?”

“No idea, I was just standing here you know? Why did you jump in the water?”

“...”

Hina didn’t jump in the water! Hina isn’t an idiot!

Though she thought in her head, she didn’t say anything and simply glared at Lucas.

“By the way, why do you always seem to refer to yourself in the 3rd person? Are you an idiot?”

“Hina is not!”

“Well, anyway, Lucas doesn’t care.”

“...”

Hearing someone else speak in the 3rd person irked her for some reason…

She snorted and simply went back to the cabin to rest.

Lucas shook his head and no longer minded her. He sat on the deck and continued to train.

A day had passed, at a distance, they could see a faint shadow of an island.

This isn’t Alabasta yet. Merely a pit stop on their way.

When they got near, they could see a ship docked on the side with a black flag. A pirate ship.

Seeing as the logo didn’t seem familiar to him, Lucas looked at Hina who was monitoring him.

“Do I go and sink those guys?”

“...Yes, that’s your job.”

“Actually, that’s your job.”

“...”

“Fine, fine…”

Lucas sighed and knew he was being used by the government as propaganda, but this is something he wanted as well for his own plans.

Since this pirate crew is unfamiliar to him, they must be some small time pirates and it should be safe to remove them. It shouldn’t cause too much issue in the future that he knows…

Anyway, since he’s going to do it, he might as well make it a show.

His huge wings opened behind him and he flew right above the pirate ship.

From the sky, he could see the pirates raiding and pillaging the village.

Seeing this sight, he no longer held back. What he hated the most is the kind of pirates that acted like this.

Lucas knew that Luffy is quite special and not evil so we was fine with him. But pieces of shit like these guys in front of him...there was no need to show them mercy!

All of a sudden, a heavy rain fell on the island.

When Lucas held his hand up, the rain...stopped!

“Huh? What? What’s happening?”

“The rain…”

Both pirates and villagers alike watched the rain drops hover in midair.

Suddenly, as if attracted by something, the rain drops combined and formed into spears!

Once Lucas held his hand down, these water spears started to spin in high speeds and...stabbed into every pirate in the island!

“Ah!”

“Gah!?”

“It hurts!”

Lucas didn’t kill anyone to give an image that he wasn’t a murderer to the public. Besides, he himself doesn't want to kill too much as well.

As the villagers looked at him descending on the ground and the wings on his back, they all cheered.

“We’re saved!”

“An angel! An angel has saved us!”

On the way to Alabasta, Lucas performed similar actions and would clear the island of pirates.

Soon, everyone got to know his name.

The savior and angel of the people. Guardian Wing Lucas!

Sengoku read the news as well and was satisfied. At least there was one guy in the shichibukai that’s actually doing his job properly…

Whenever he recalled the other shichibukai, his head would hurt and he would feel like he’s grown even older.

Days flew by as Lucas gets nearer to Alabasta.

Lucas sighed as he stared at the island in front of him.

Another island for him to ‘work’...

Without Luffy and the rest, sailing...is really boring…even this ‘work’ is boring. There isn't anyone who can fight him at all.

The only accompaniment he had was an ice cold block as well who wouldn't even respond to his jokes.

If possible, he really wanted to toss her out in the sea and leave her be…

Lucas also hoped if he could meet at least one of the so called ‘Supernova’ pirates of the worst generation but he hasn’t seen any of them yet.

Why does he want to meet them?...Actually, there wasn’t any reason, mainly just to satisfy his boredom.

After reaching the island, Lucas sighed again when he saw pirates terrorizing the place.

There really is a lot of pirates in this era of pirates…

He only took a glance and when he saw there wasn’t any noteworthy pirates, he waved his hand and finished everyone off.

Actually, even Hina felt it was too repetitive as well. At first, she was surprised by how powerful Lucas was. But after a few islands of repeated actions, she had grown numb and only reported back to the HQ to ask for people to send the pirates Lucas caught.

Only in these times were her abilities were useful. Lucas didn’t need to worry about anyone running away after she cages them one by one.

With this, they didn’t have to stay on the island and wait for the marine ship to take the pirates.

Lucas and Hina was about to leave after calming the people down when suddenly, someone spoke to them.

“You piece of trash is not bad at all.”

“...Huh?”

Surprised with the sudden bad mouthing, Lucas turned to look who had spoken.

What he saw was...a purple haired woman holding a giant flag wearing a red top hat with goggles and curled horns at the side while smoking a cigarette.

The problem was...this girl is wearing a red jacket and tie with the front completely open!

If the wind blew a little to the side...I bet you can see pink cherries on top of those two twin hills of hers…

Lucas blinked for a while as he tried to remember who this bold woman was…

Was it...Belo Betty? One of the Revolutionary Army’s commanders? Huh? But why is she here?

Actually, before being sent to this world, Lucas had only read up to after the Whole Cake arc and just before the supposed Reverie.

He doesn’t know what happens from that point on and this Belo Betty was only shown briefly as well.

Naturally, her image led him to remember her...who would forget a girl who wear clothes like this!?

But...why is she here?

From what Lucas can recall, she is...the East Army Commander? So...doesn’t that mean she should be in East Blue or something?

Since he was confused, he asked.

“Why is the East Army Commander of the Revolutionary Army here in the first half of the Grand Line?”

“Oh? Punk, you know who I am?”

“...Well, that huge flag kinda gives it away…”

The flag already has the logo of the Revolutionary Army after all…

“Dragon sent me to find you and monitor you. He wants to know what your intentions are.”

Intentions? Ah, he must be worried since the news has been making me as someone who had betrayed Luffy…

Lucas thought so.

“Also, your abilities are better suited with us. Why don’t you join the Revolutionary instead of hanging around with this hag?”

“Who are you calling a hag, you Revolutionary exhibitionist?”

“I’m proud of my body unlike you, Marine hag.”

“No one wants to look at a pile of meat, Revolutionary  pervert.”

“Hag.”

“Pervert.”

Watching these two women curse at each other with expressionless looks and smoking a cigarette, Lucas can’t help but think...aren’t these two just getting along fine?

Finally, Hina turned to him and pointed at Betty.

“Lucas, why haven’t you beaten this pervert for indecent exposure yet?”

“...What do you mean? It’s not like she’s showing those certain spots…”

A vein popped on Hina’s temple when she heard his excuse.

“She’s a Revolutionary. Get her.”

“Hey, My job is only to restrain pirates isn’t it? The Revolutionary are your problem.”

Lucas shrugged. He didn’t really want to involve himself with the Revolutionary Army. Might as well just walk away and pretend he didn’t see anything.

Seeing Lucas walk away, Hina stomped and glared at Betty.

Lucas didn’t care at all about their fight as he only waited in the ship.

Finally, Hina returned with bruises followed by Betty who was in similar condition…

They tied?...No, it seems that Betty is in a better condition than Hina.

Lucas wasn’t really aware of Betty’s overall power. Only knew that she had the ability to rally people or something…

But there was one thing he was confused.

“...Why is she following along?”

“...Hina can’t get rid of her, and she insisted on following...Hina might as well monitor you both than let one get away.”

“...”

Lucas started to pity Hina...just a little bit though.

Hina no longer spoke to him and went into the cabin to rest and report to HQ.

Lucas turned to look at Betty.

“...Are you really not gonna button up your jacket?”

“Do you want me to?”

“...”

Good question!

AN: Don't they look similar? XD

Before anything else, I just want to say that even if I keep adding girls to show up, it doesn't mean they will instantly become part oft he harem. Or not even instant, most will never be a part of it at all. Some may have some ideas or interest to the MC, but MC might not like them back.

With that out of the way...Lucas now has 2 forces monitoring him. The RA and the WG...Just how will this turn out? Cause I don't know too! Haha.

I tried to have Lucas visit some non canon islands from the anime but ultimately decided against it since it's too troublesome and also, I have to rewatch them all...I may try to include some of the movie arcs and have Lucas resolve those by himself without Luffy and the rest but still not decided which one.

That's it, see ya next chap!

185