Chapter One : Deification
313 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So what will you do now? It's not like you're burdened by that leech you considered a girlfriend anymore." A voice sounded wry in his ears as James stared at the back of the girl he thought he loved walked away after he found he had cheated on him.

"Who are you?" Even though he no longer held any good feelings to that girl, she was once his world, hearing someone saying he didn't have good eyes was annoying after dealing with his break-up so suddenly.

"Me? You can call me A. And please don't put up a front, it's not like you actually feel any animosity towards me for calling her a leech. In fact, you don't even care that she did what she did because you don't care about her at all either."

"Are you inside my head?" Noah didn't immediately refute, but asked the person who had somehow appeared besides him looking at his ex girlfriend's back with a smile.

"No need to ascertain whether or not I am because even if I say no, then you'll just insist that you care. Noah, it isn't wrong to think this way, but you will live a life that you will dislike if nothing else." A said with a sigh.

"I apologize for not being a model citizen, I'll find a good wife and have three kids in repentance." Noah while understanding that A was most likely not human, or anything he could resist, he didn't have to pretend or act like he cared which was refreshing.

"Your sarcasm is terrible. Why would I want you to muddle around doing something as uninteresting as that? You and I both know your calling and interests lie elsewhere." A said and pointed at Noah and Noah blinked as he realized something.

Even though he was looking at A, what he saw wasn't a person so much as a figure with the vague outlines that had no actual form. Yet for some reason, he couldn't and didn't realize until A pointed at him.

"What do you want? If it's to be another world's hero, I refuse. I'd rather be the villain." Noah didn't hesitate to throw his wishes at A who rubbed their temples, or made the gesture as Noah wasn't sure what, it was very confusingtk watch.

"No, we both know you don't have the qualities of a hero. Instead of embarking on such a worthless endeavor, I've found a role that will suit you quite well." A said and waited for Noah to digest their words. 

"Then what? I also don't want to end up having to do troublesome things, it's tiring." Noah said but A just waved a hand and his voice trailed off as he realized he couldn't speak anymore. He could breathe and feel his tongue, but words were impossible now.

"There, although you're not being very nice, I'll just ignore that. I want you and several others from your world to go to a new one, not as Heroes, but Gods." Seeing the blank stare from Noah, A chuckled.

"Unlike your world concept of God, Gods aren't omnipotent and omniscient, so you can still be defeated or even killed." A didn't seem bothered by the look accusing look Noah sent their way.

"Of course, Gods cannot be killed easily. You will all possess Authorities you choose yourself and you will be assigned a Pantheon and a country. If your country falls, you lose. If your Pantheon falls, you lose."

"But... Gods are strong and are only limited by opposing Pantheons. Knowing you, not what you're showing now as even the angry look you're giving me isn't your entire feelings, so I'll just give you incentives, okay?" A said with a relaxed tone.

"First, I'll give you a second Authority of your choosing and a wish on top of the normal compensation the others will receive. The compensation is a wish within the bounds of the rules of course." A didn't say anything as Noah immediately said something that made them laugh.

"Since you offered, I'll humbly accept the wishes. How many Authorities can a God hold?" If the results were an explosion or something unpleasant, Noah would have to pass this chance up.

"Just ask, being compensation, I can at least make it doable." A said and then Noah deliberated for a moment and then made up his mind and then Noah nodded in acceptance.

"I want my normal compensation to be an Authority and can I please see the list?" Noah saw A shudder slightly and saw their head turn his way with a strange atmosphere.

"Look, I know you're trying to be sincere, but it doesn't suit you okay? Gods don't have to observe mortal traditions anyway. Here's the list." A didn't dwell on Noah's disgruntled expression and sent a list into his mind.

"Authority of Stars, Darkness, Fate, and Dreams." Noah exchanged all his wishes and compensation for four Authorities. A didn't bother to confirm because they could feel Noah's confidence.

"Then I'll grant you one more as is per normal. I wanted to give you Ice since I find it cool, but I decided on something else at the last moment. Are you ready to traverse?" A asked with excited clapping.

"Sure? Will I break the balance with all my Authorities though?" While Noah didn't mind cheating in games and such, if he had to cross over, he didn't want any of his powers revoked halfway through.

"I can assure you that regardless, you won't be penalized." When A affirmed, Noah nodded and the world turned into a mirage of colors and he found himself sitting on a white throne in a dark void dotted with motes of light all around.

"Welcome to the Battle of the Gods. You have five Authorities which you will now receive. The Authority of Fate." A golden spark fused into Noah's body from A who stood before the throne.

"The Authority of Dreams." A hazy spark with dark accents floated over and merged into Noah's body again.

"The Authority of Darkness." A watched as a black dot, more like a hole in reality merged into Noah's body and then continued without hesitating much.

"The Authority of Stars." Unlike the Darkness Authority, the space was brightly lit as millions of motes of light merged with Noah and vanished leaving A chuckling wryly.

"When I said I wanted to give you Ice, it was true, but I randomized the selection and you happened to get an Authority you may not encounter anyone aside from yourself having." A said with a sigh.

"The Authority of Eternity." A flash of light that made the entire space tremble occurred as a symbol representing Eternity forged itself into Noah's being, unlike merging like the others before, this one directly submitted itself to Noah, and also altered him greatly.

10