8. Escaping certain death p1
155 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Half an hour earlier.

Avan Pov

The city of Aquanus was engulfed in dusty weather with a thunderstorm raging since afternoon. Avan was running towards the city marketplace. Running along the city’s stone pathway he saw a lot of sky fish flying high in the air. Some groups of sky fish were skydiving to the ground. Looking at those massive pillars. avan came to the conclusion

 

“I could use the height of those pillars to catch one fish”

 

Running along an empty town devoid of any town folks. He noticed that house that seemed fortified. Avan glanced around the area. A group of hunters was subduing a sky fish. It was caught up in a sturdy net. Wobbling and struggling while making monstrous sounds it was trying to get free. Avan wanted to see how the group of hunters would subdue the fish so he stayed at a distance and watched the process from afar. The fish was 20 ft in length.

 

“HOLD IT”

 

A person with a scaly body having a similarity to an amphibian in appearance was holding the net using its claws-like hands and trying to restrict its movement.

“Hurry. We need to cut the antennas. “

 

A very humongous green color person was holding an axe having a mouth 2 small tusks and 4 big hands. His eyes were closed and in a split second, he re-opened again. A terrifying and chilly aura was emanating visibly from his body. Having a red-crimson color the pressure was so overbearing it cracked the stone floor beneath them. Avan looked at his feet as they were trembling. He could not stop his legs. Avan was sweating.

[Is this fear?]

 

“Done, stand back”

 

All the party members had cleared some distance. With a full swing of his huge battle axe, he aimed at the antennas.

“AAAAAAHH”

 

The fish noticed this from one of its right-side eyes still struggling in the net. Struggling it successfully turned and centered itself to save its big antennas. Facing the blow head-on with its hard scaly body.

“Boooom”

 

An explosion happened that made a dust cloud from the sheer force of the impact. The dust settled and the fish was loose from the binding of the net. The fish had a deep cut on its upper abdomen but it was still alive and standing on its antennas acting like legs. The entire group of hunters was alarmed and all changed into battle formations.

“Fuck, it escaped. EVERYONE battle formation.”

 

Avan was shocked to see the fish escape. this was not even one of the big ones floating in the air and a group of 4 could not subdue one. Both the sky fish and the hunters had seen him now. he was now in the fray of the battle.

“Tsk”

 

Avan had a very sour and angry expression. Avan had been made painfully clear now he could not handle a sky fish alone. He was too close to the battle now. The sky fish landed near avan and it turned its attention towards him. With no choice running would be giving the sky fish a chance to bite his head off while he tried to escape.

 

[they are fast on land and air]

 

The fish had a sneer with its pointy teeth towards avan as it knew it had food on the table.

“Don’t mock me you FUCKING ANIMAL”

 

Avan made a very quick circular wrist motion with his right hand and held his right hand with his other hand. The surrounding space was warping and small particles were condensing into his hand. The fish did not wait as it charged at avan. The 4 hunters were not moving an inch from their position. The human in this group broke from his formation as he saw avan getting attacked by the sky fish. With a shout the bearded man

“ROOKIE WTF ARE YOU DOING COME BACK”

 

“We need to help him"

 

A small person with a very big beard was furiously trying to stop the rookie human by gripping his hands and holding his neck in a choke. The armored rookie broke free and was running toward both avan and the sky fish.

“Shing”

 

He equipped a long stick that was expanding and forming a blade. A dual scythe was formed in his hand.

“YOU IDOT YOU WILL DIE. You can’t do shit to a class 3-level monster. COMEBACKKKK ”

 

An energy ball having a yellow glow was aimed at the sky fish. the fish dangerously close to avan. Avan released it near point blank.

“Inferno IMPACT”

 

Pointing his attack at the fish. A ball of fire was launched at blistering speed. Hitting the fish as its entire body engulfed in flames. It launched both of them in the opposite direction as an explosion happened.

“Booom”

 

Avan was too close to the blast so he had some small burns. Being launched a few meters had a rough landing on the ground grinding the floor barely stopping. The rookie hunter-human immediately came to defend the recovering fallen avan.

=========================================================================

 

A champion knight killed a sky fish rampaging in the streets destroying houses. Cutting it clean in the middle. He was a few blocks away but his keen intuition sensed magic. His fellow unit helped the civilians. He ran in that direction.

 

==========================================================================

Avan was knocked and stunned but was standing up. The sky-fish was covered in flames. It was knocked back by the blast but it didn’t seem to have sustained much damage. Avan and the rookie hunter were very uneasy. The sky-fish was gaining on them. With head-on confrontation, the sky fish opened its jaws to eat them whole.

 

Both ducked a ferocious attack from it.

The fish passed above him and using his agility avan ducked and made a reverse 180 sweep kick at the fish with full force.

 

“Thud”

 

It did not even feel the impact. Continuing its onslaught on the rookie trying to bite him. The rookie boy was dodging it swiftly. Avan had an astonished look. He backed off a little.

 

[This thing can take the brunt of my full power blows like it's nothing. what is this thing made of?]

 

“CLEAR THE AREA”

 

The party of hunters rushed in and attacked the sky fish at the same time. The dragon/lizard-looking guy did a fire breath. The orc with his full might threw his axe at the sky fish. The dwarf took out his gadget and fired from a gun.

“Boom”

 

The barrage of attacks was successful as the axe was aimed at one of the antennas and it pierced it and cut one off. The sky fish shrieked with a monstrous howl in pain. Without missing this opportunity Avan and the rookie attacked with a barrage of attacks. Trying to cut the other antenna the rookie and avan rushed the fish.

 

Before they could do something. The fish launched an energy attack that charged just for a sec in its mouth into the sky. An incredible shockwave erupted from it.

“Boom”

 

Avan and everyone were caught in the explosion and were launched by the air pressure a few blocks like they were ragdolls. Landing on solid ground avan lost consciousness for a few moments.

 

A man was watching from the sidelines hiding behind a house. holding his sword but he did not intervene.

 

“Looks like master avan is hurt but he might learn from this. Both ray and avan are now nearly in the same place. Let’s finish this fight and the others approaching as well. I should not involve civilians anymore”

 

The party of hunters was recovering and getting up from the sky fish energy blast shockwave. It was agonizing and making loud noises. The blast aimed at the sky had made a flare that was attracting a lot of attention. Many sky fish saw it. In a frenzy, all sky-fish near the flare-type blast rushed to Hans and the hunter’s location. Descending like missiles.

 

The three hunters saw the rushing sky fish like a tsunami. Whatever hope they had was lost. They have absolute fear in their eyes. They had completely given up on escape.

“We are not going to survive this”

 

Taking out his long rapier sword from the sheath Hans emitted a terrifying aura of Force. It was so overbearing it knocked the hunters unconscious.

“It has been a long time since I had to go all out”

 

The sky fish on the ground stop all moment and sound. It could not move a single muscle due to sheer fear. With a simple wave, Hans cut the fish into hundreds of pieces. His hand was vibrating so much that his sleeves ripped into shreds.

 

With an angry and firm expression, he looked at the huge group of sky fish varying in size and shape. Positioning in an elegant battle stance pointing his rapier at the sky. He recalled the technique he perfected in his kingdom to deal with flying monsters and magical beasts. Hans let out an absurd amount of magical energy. His whole body was emitting a Strong white hue. Covering him from head to toe.

 

[Wind series: JAVELIN SKY SHREDDER]

 

===========================================================================================================================================================================

Ray and avan were in a battle against a sky fish. Ray was carrying Allister in his arms. The sky fish was trying to end them by trying to bite them to pieces. Ray was barely dodging.

“Chomp”

 

The sky fish ferociously was not giving them any space. Running around avoiding it was very difficult. Ray made a choice. He saw some knights battling not far from them.

[Sorry, Allister I’m going to throw you near the knights. buckle up]

 

“avan distract that thing. I’m going to throw him towards the knights”

 

“Are you crazy? There is also one sky-fish there. What are you thinking you retard? I’m not here to save you. I’m here for Allister. You can die for all I care”

 

Constantly dodging an attack from the fish he just threw Allister toward the knights who were doing far better than avan and himself. They were heavily suppressing the sky fish on their end. Ray noticed that so he just did it without listening to the bickering of his brother.

 

“We have our problems”

 

[It was ruthless but throwing Allister away to a safer place is the only option. I can deal with his resentment later]

 

“Sswish”

 

Jumping from a claw attack made by the fish

Talking in a battle stance ray had a complete change in his demeanor. Just a cold stare on his unweaving face. He took out the dummy hard stone sword from his back strap.

 

Avan wanted to leave. Saving Allister was more important. He was a friend to him. There was just no opportunity to even go help Allister. The fish would not leave him alone.

 

The fish opened his mouth. Its mouth started glowing. A sound of reverb was heard by ray and avan . Ray understood what was happening. He shouted.

 

“Dodge”

 

A Blast of energy was launched in the direction of avan and ray. Both narrowly escaped the blast range. Several civilians were caught by the blast which destroyed a home. some were buried in the rubble.

 

Ray took some cover behind a huge pillar. The energy blast barely grazed his hand yet the damage was so severe. Ray was hurt very badly having a 2-degree burn. His skin was peeling off and his roasted muscles and bones could be seen. The pain was unbearable but ray had experienced far worse. he bit his lips to muffle his sounds so that it could not hear him scream.

 

[This fucker. Just what The hell is this monster? . This is like ground zero for defending the city. I seriously was taking this world for granted. Am I going to die?]

 

Ray was hiding from the sky fish. A lot of thoughts were flashing in his mind. A full-body armored boy with a dual scythe approached the scene where ray and avan were laying low

 

“Are you ok?”

 

Avan did not respond but ray did. He let him see the severe burn on his left arm. Talking out a bandage cloth he wrapped it around rays arm.

 

“Thank you. We need to hide. we cannot fight that monster”

The sky fish was furiously checking all the close areas. It would soon stumble upon them.

 

“I agree. There are champion knights that will be coming into this general area. We need to stall for time”

 

All three nod in affirmation and wait to ambush the sky fish as soon as it discovers them. ray was thinking about how many more dangers are there in this world.

 

[hopefully, I can survive this. Its not been even a full month and things are already beyond control]

6