The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 113.5 – First Kill(3.5)
150 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Grunt!]

Now, inside the dimly forest, Fate was barely able to see the figure of the creature that was barely two meters away from him. Following the pair of ivory tusks, Fate witnessed the emergence of reasonably large muddied hooves, a coat bristly mineral-alloy grey hair, a long mohawk-like black mane that stretched to the end to end of the creature’s spine, a reddish stumpy snout, plump body, and two beady black eyes…

Even as its figure became clearer and it continued to slowly trot towards him, Fate could make out not a single feature that would distinguish it from any other boar, except, perhaps, its color palette. By all accounts, it was just a normal boar.

 

However, even if it looked like a pig’s relative on Earth, Fate still kept up his guard, since he didn’t even know what attributes a normal animal would have in this world…

 

[Grunt!]

 

It’s small snout let out a snort, as it slowly began to hasten its pace. Fate felt something tingling in the back of his skull, almost as if something was warning him that something was about to happen, as he slowly began to walk backwards, into the center of the circle…

 

-Ok...it’s just a normal...probably larger than average boar...I’m the guy with the dagger and the paralyzing potion...I got this!

 

Fate stopped his steady retreat, he raised his tensely gripped dagger in front of him, and prepared himself to fight.

 

The boar stopped in its tracks at witnessing Fate’s intent to defend him, and it began to dig at the soft dirt with its hoof, presumably conveying that it would attempt to charge at him. Fate, of course, noticed this, but had his attention focused on his thoughts, where he began to plan his method of attack…

 

-How am I supposed to get the potion into its mouth...or can I just douse it with it…? Damn, this is the result of panicking and forgetting to ask Liza about how I’m supposed to use this stuff, f*** me! Wait...maybe I can make it freeze up for a moment, but how…?!

 

[Grunt!!!]

 

Suddenly, with a loud snort as its battlecry, the boar shot towards him, easily bridging the distance between them as its hooves trampled the grass beneath it, forcing Fate to throw himself out of the way to evade it! 

 

Fate, although somewhat shakily, quickly collected him, jumping back on his feet and hastily catching his breath as he observed the boar, who had skidded to a halt a few feet away from him and slowly turned to face him, with dirt covering its snout.

 

He was quite shocked at the speed of its charge and its recovery time, shivering as he visualized his guts covering its snout, instead of those of its earthy victim… 

 

However, his horrifying daydreaming was cut short, when, having shaken off the dirt covering its snout and face, the boar began to scrape at the ground with its hoof, once again! Fate quickly braced his legs, preparing to evade it anyway he could. 

 

[Grunt!!!]

 

Once more, the boar charged toward him, it’s black, beady eyes capturing whatever dim moonlight shined on them as it rocketed forward! This time, though, Fate was able to make a more steady landing, but he still ended up rolling to the ground…

 

-Sh*t!

 

He watched as the boar skidded, nearly crashing into a tree before it stopped itself, by digging its head into the dirt. Fate was extremely terrified in this situation, but, still relying on the thought of the ‘courage potion,’ he began to plan his counterattack.

 

-Yeah...I can’t be truly scared as long as the effects last...and before they wear off…

 

His thoughts were, again, interrupted by the third charge of the boar, who Fate could see was growing furious that its prey kept evading its attacks, as its advance became even faster now!

 

Fate hurriedly jumped out of the way, but was unable to rest, as the boar, now tired of his dodging, had changed tactics, and now did a 180 degree rotation and had begun a second charge while it battled against the force of its previous launch, grinding it back hooves into the dirt!

 

-What the hell! It just did a U-turn?! It’s...s-supposed to be a friggin’ boar, not a damn car!!!

 

Fate furiously screamed inside of his head as he desperately ran across the field with the boar following him, and once he found himself blocked by a tree, and with the boar at his heels, he, once again, hurled himself out of the way, his body grinding into the dirt, as he clenched his eyes shut!

 

He heard the sound of the ground being torn up from where he had leaped from, and then...

...

[Chapters completed this week: 5/7]

And, yes, today is a triple upload day. :D

4