The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 119(Teaser)
118 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Slap!]

Fate woke up in a cold sweat, as a crisp, slapping sound penetrated his ears and a stinging began radiating across his cheek. He shot up from where he lay, frantically darting his head side to side, his trembling eyes scanning for the boar.

Fate suddenly felt a pain that had exceeded the fatigue he had felt before, which prevented him from attempting to move further. He wearily slumped back onto the wooden surface below him, barely noticing the uncomfortable knots that his neck now rested on…

-Did...I…?

Fate turned his head to the side, finding a set of familiar blood stains next to him. Questions swarmed through his mind, as he began to check his body for any signs of injury, and, if it weren’t for the pain he was feeling, he would’ve thought that he was dreaming. 

His slow hands finally had checked all that they could reach on his body, concluding that he hadn’t a single injury. 

-Was...was that all a dream…? But...I’m sure...I felt my skin...I felt pain and...fatigue...I felt fear...the cold...could all of that...been a dream?!

It was hard to believe, but he was still in the bloodstained tree that he had previously woken up in and left from. All the sensations he had felt while the monstrous boar was charging him...were they actually real?

『N….n...ooo…!!!』

Fate nearly jumped up from where he was sitting, as an almost ghostly wail leaked from the ring in his pocket, whose light had dulled noticeably. 

[Craaaaccckkk…]

Suddenly, a loud series of cracking noises came from Fate’s opposite side, forcing him to turn his head and begin dragging himself to a gap between the bloodstained branches of the mighty oak to see what was going on…

[Snarl…]

And to his horror, he saw the monstrous form of the boar, slowly plowing through the trunk of a tree that was a few feet away from the one he was currently in! Frightened, he immediately pulled his head back through the branches, ignoring the strain on his body as he desperately hid from the boar’s view.

------------------------------(Current Stop)

Hey, guys, today will be a double chapter post day, so stay tuned...and wait a couple of hours since, because it's Easter season, my family is forcing me to watch Passion of the Christ, and while I appreciate the religious tones of the movie, any forcefully extended contact with them is poison to me.

I will be back - Arnold Schwarzenegger 

4