The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 24 – Sudden Battle
1.2k 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been two years since Fate had managed to gain access to his magical abilities and the ‘tutorial section’ of his journal. He had managed to level up his 『Mana Manipulation(Minor)』to 3 and had been able to keep his mana constructs out for longer periods of time, without his complete attention. His stats had also improved a great deal, finally passing the stats of an average newborn in this world.

The servants, on the other hand, talked outside of the room as if they were stationed guards. They mostly talked about their own lives and how’d they’d rather have their loved ones with them to pass the time. Their tasks at this time consisted of giving him his clothes to change into, bathing him, and feeding him.

-Honestly, I feel pretty cooped up in here, but at least I managed to untie the ropes that were keeping the curtains shut.

About a year ago, his strength had met the point where he was able to climb to the top of the ropes and had been able to traverse them with relative ease, aside from the rope-burns. He failed quite a few times because of having to keep up appearances when the maids came in, but he finally managed to succeed. This allowed him to finally see the sunlight and moonlight after so much time in isolation.

-I almost cried when I was able to see the sun, but I keep having to cover it up when the maids come in. Fortunately, they just want to get out of here as fast as they can so they don’t seem to have noticed anything that might tip them off…

Fate: “Journal, status page.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Name: Fate
  • HP: 104.5/104.5
  • MP: 23.67/23.70
  • Level: 0
  • Race: Human
  • Age: 4 year-old(4 year(s), 0.6 month(s) (22+ years old)))
  • Job: None
  • Previous Jobs: None
  • Titles: 【Familiar of Fate】

--------------------------------

  • Stats:
    • Strength: 14.965
    • Endurance: 23.21
    • Wisdom: 6.55
    • Intelligence: 8.0
    • Stamina: 15.29
    • Agility: 10.1
    • Fortune: 1.0
    • Magic: 11.334

---------------------------------

  • Passive Skills:『Balance - (Lv.3)』, 『Natural MP Restoration』
  • Active Skills: 『Mana Manipulation(Minor) - (Lv.3)』
  • Unique Skills: None
  • Equipment: Fate’s Journal(Soul-bound)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fate’s magic progress had gone up a great deal since he no longer needed to try to gather it forcefully, thanks to the 『Natural MP Restoration』skill. Although it had increased, he still could not seem to produce any offensive magic.

-I wish that I were stronger...I could break the hell out of here! I’m just not confident enough that I’d be able to survive...or get far away at the very least. I won’t give up though, I will get out of this mansion and get so far away from this sh*thole that Mother will never be able to find me!

*creak*

-Wha…?!

Fate heard the door, as it began to creak open, and quickly closed the blinds. He got the blinds covered and managed to get back down to the floor to sit down. However, the person who came through wasn’t one of the maids, it was…

-Who the hell is that?

What Fate saw was a small child, who he did not recognize at all. The child looked well-groomed and dressed finely, wearing an outfit similar to the one Fate had worn on the day of his disownment. This left Fate, who had been wearing simple, worn white shirts and long pants that he had to cut the legs off from to be able to walk without tripping, embarrassed.

The strange boy walked a few steps into the room, surveying his surroundings with a disdainful look on his face. He suddenly stopped in his tracks, staring directly at Fate, though exerting a gaze that made it seem that he was attempting to look down on him.

???: “Hello, worthless trash.”

The strange boy unattached a small rod from his belt, which looked like a telescope. However, he flicked the rod and it seemed to unfold into a small wand, with a pale green gem, shaped like a crescent, at its center.

-...One of the first people I see in years other than the maids and…!

Suddenly, a small gust flew towards Fate’s neck, giving him only a moment to barely dodge the attack and still managing to give him a small cut on his neck. The wound began to drip a small amount of blood down his neck.

The boy just stood there without saying a word, as if he was waiting for something to happen. Fate was sure that this face he wore to face the boy, was that of someone who had nearly died at the hands of a mental-ward escapee.

-F*ck! What the hell is this little sh*t doing?!

???: “...Why are you not praising me?”

Fate: “...What...the..!”

???: “She said that this is one of the most worthy acts that you can commit to, standing still like filth and allowing her happiness for what you did…”

-Do not tell me that this random brat is…!

???: “Yet you moved! You denied Mother’s happiness!!!”

Another wind blade came whizzing close to Fate, causing him to nearly fall over. However, as he fell, Fate noticed another wind-blade was heading towards where he was going to land!

-Oh...sh*t!

Although he seemed to be falling, Fate did not hit the floor and somehow managed to readjust himself by skidding across the floor with his toes. As the pain of his feet grinding against the wooden floor due to his spin hit him, he stuck out one leg and managed to kick the boy in the stomach!

The boy was sent flying a foot back and landed at the door, coughing violently as he stumbled to get up. He began tearing up as he ran out of the room and down the hall. The maids looked at Fate, obviously horrified at what he’d done to the strange boy. Their reactions made it painfully clear that the person he’d just kicked was important to them…

-That was...my brother?! Why did he...how did I just…?

Fate calmed down once the maid scurried away and remember that the cut on his neck was still fresh and at risk of infection. He quickly tore the sleeve of his dirty shirt and made sure to tie it securely around his neck.

-Sh*t, this hurts like hell! If I keep, pressure on it, I should be fine...But how I managed to kick him…!

Fate sat on the floor and gazed at his ankle, which was searing with pain. He had managed a spin-kick without any knowledge of fighting techniques, but he didn’t know, how. All that mattered was that he needed rest in order to regain his strength, in case his brother returned for revenge.

Fate: “Journal... display status bar.”

-----------------------------------------------------

HP: 86/104.5

MP: 23.70/23.70

Status: Exhausted(moderate), Bleeding(slight)

Injured Areas: Ankle(slightly twisted), Foot(splinters, friction burn(s)), Neck(slight bleeding)

----------------------------------------------------

-Well, aside from my exhaustion, my injuries appear to be slight. Thank goodness for that saving grace, but seriously...how can a barely three year-old use...well, what I assume to be wind magic? Then again, I can manipulate mana so…

Fate began plucking various splinters out of his foot and then tore the other sleeve of his shirt to wrap it with. He noticed a while later that his exhaustion was growing worse.

-How am I so tired…? I have more than 15【Stamina】!

...

Fate continued to ponder this until he passed out. At which point, the door creaked open again to reveal a tall figure in the doorway. The figure walked over to Fate, who was propped against a crate and picked him up. The figure examined the child and then swung him over his shoulder, before leaving the room.

21