The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 62 – Mindgames(2)
689 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pale woman continued to trudge towards Fate but soon stopped a short distance away from him. Fate could feel her gaze attempting to pierce through his terrified gaze, while in his peripheral vision, he could see that the mist had noticeably increased, but was halted behind where the figure stood…

 

-Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t!!! Seriously, how the hell am I going to die in a dream?! This isn’t inception, this isn’t some matrix rip-off where I’m secretly in a tube the whole time, and I sure as hell, haven’t angered any ghosts! 

 

Fate’s hatred of his helplessness steadily rose behind his cowardly eyes, causing the uneasiness and fear that had set in to begin to change. The figure seemed to notice this, and Fate was able to observe a pair of ice-blue lips curl into a smile in response.

 

With this, the hate towards himself was now directed at this arrogant figure, whose smile kept growing wider as if to taunt him. However, Fate now began to smile as well, spreading his as wide and as disturbingly as possible.

 

-So...random b*tch in my dreams can hurt me, big deal! If I can deal with a psycho old man, then what do I have to fear from ghost lady over here?! Plus, I don’t want to die here, so it’s time to rock!

 

His heart somehow resolved Fate gathered currents of crackling red and blue energies at his fingertips, forming mana spheres on each one. The figure continued to smile at him, while seemingly waiting for the attack to come as if they were sure that they could shrug it off.

 

Fate could feel somehow that his emotions were along too easily, but was already swept up in the flow of his own anger and was set on attacking. He raised both his arms toward the figure, aligning them while allowing the clashing of mana to take place.

 

The red and blue swirled around each other, colliding and repelling, while they both continued to move closer together.

 

The woman continued to smile but seemed to open her mouth. No sound came out, nor anything else, yet Fate managed to get goosebumps, all while his uneasiness swelled inside of him…

 

-She’ll be dead...no need to get cold feet...you keep getting screwed over, so actually do something for once and...Wait, wait, I’ll be smart, but then I’ll blow her to hell!

 

A second mass of blue mana appeared at Fate’s urging, quickly solidifying into a thin, small blue shield that stretched to cover the upper half of his body, however, before he could cover the rest of his body…

 

Fate felt his body go cold as the woman removed her cowl, revealing a pair of completely blank eyes. Soon, though, the eyes began to flicker with an indigo light, causing Fate to respond, throwing the nearly complete energies towards her!

 

The red and blue clashed in midair for a brief moment before collapsing into an explosion that shook the room and completely engulfed the area in front of Fate! However, he could still feel the uneasiness permeating throughout his mind, and stared into the smoke…

 

-...Please don’t tell me that she’s going to…

 

Before he could finish his thought, a pair of thin arms reached out from the smoke cloud, with a bluish glow covering them. Fate could feel his legs begin to shake and his breath grow ragged, while the high-pitched noise that had plagued his ears while Liza had been struggling with him returned.

 

He had the urge to cover his ears and stop the noise from invading them, but his fear prevented him from doing so. The blue glow now began to absorb the massive volume of mist and smoke in the room, once again revealing the figure of the woman, completely unharmed…

 

-...H-how in hell...even Jacob had to...wait, no...was he even a bit concerned with my blast…?! Was it all just for show...she’s completely unharm…!!!

 

The woman’s eyes were now completely filled with indigo light, with a single white pupil occupying them. Her open mouth now began to expand into a gaping maw, filled to the brim with a horde of sharp fangs, and Fate could feel the air in the room being sucked in…

 

-...F-f*ck!!!

Fate prepared to fire as many explosive shots as he could, but was completely overwhelmed by a shrieking wail, which surpassed the high-pitched ringing like a tree towering over a sapling, that quickly echoed off the walls of the room! 

 

For Fate it felt like his ears were spewing blood, his eyes grew blurry, and his mind was splitting from trying to comprehend even part of what it was receiving! His consciousness was being overloaded by this soul-piercing screech, with Fate desperately trying to keep it together! He squeezed his eyes closed, sure of his impending doom...

 

However, before it the split he could feel coming, the sound was completely cut off and a bright purple light soaked the skin of his eyelids.

 

???: “Well, well, well...oh my little familiar, did you miss me?~”

 

He knew this voice well but was completely flummoxed by its sudden appearance and crystal clear quality, as he was sure that his eardrums had burst during the scream. Fate couldn’t even form a coherent thought, but he knew this instinctively.

 

???: “Admit it, you missed me, didn’t you?~ Still, though, I must say that I’m quite displeased with your shameful performance, and here I was trying to help you to comprehend your little friend…~”

However, the mess of incoherent thoughts in Fate’s head immediately gave him a clear image of who was speaking to him in such a haughty tone.

 

His eyes finally cleared, and before him was the Witch of Fate…

 

Witch of Fate: “That inconsequential exercise didn’t completely overwhelm your fragile, mortal mind did it?~ Sorry, but we’re having to pick up the schedule…”

 

Though she looked noticeably more frustrated than the last time he saw her.

 

-And suddenly...a mad w*tch in front of me...f*** my life!!!

...

https://discord.gg/YBq5nG

13