The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 72 – Once Upon a Time(4)
432 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While the characters began to regain their colors, Fate was hunched over, supporting himself by pushing against his knees. As he heaved breath after breath, around him lay scattered the broken remains of what were originally seats, pile after pile of torn cushion stuffing and battered wooden chunks.

Now, seemingly drained of his energy after his short-lived rampage, Fate rested while somewhat admiring his handiwork, a mixture of pride, embarrassment, and confusion filling his head…

-...What...the hell...was that?! I am reasonably...sure that...I swore more times at those random, cryptic as G***ity F***s sets of letters...that kept blaring like sirens...than I did when I turned fourteen!!! Seriously, I just...felt like hitting something, just beating it in with my fists until it broke just for the sake of it!!!

Indeed, he had committed this ‘chair-genocide’ by fracturing, tearing, and stomping them into their current state in a blind, pain-induced fury. Though Fate attempted to justify his actions by telling himself this, the scene around him very much resembled a child’s temper tantrum, of course amplified, but still.

Yet, despite the immaturity and insanity he had sunk into, his face did not present the theater he stood in with any regret for his actions, rather it was the opposite. A mad grin broke out across his face, one that surely would have sickened the person it was directed at, while his eyes grew bloodshot.

However, the smile on his face, along with the look in his eyes and his fatigue, gradually began to fade, falling back in line with his normal demeanor. With the pain now gone, Fate was able to feel some lingering traces of fear, disgusting himself with his own cowardice…

-I just start feeling GOOD, and this ‘goddess’ just decides to screw with me again!!! Seriously, where did that rush come from?! Who was screaming at me?! Ughhhhh!!! A few simple questions...and I’m too f***ing dumb to solve them, just perfect!!!

‘Giant’: “Why would you demand of me, your creator, for something so meaningless?”

Out of nowhere, the voices that had ‘paused’ for his tantrum now returned, as if someone had hit the ‘play’ button on the remote to surprise him, he spun around to gaze upon them. Beyond the ruins of the seat he had previously occupied, Fate spied twinges of anger and disdain in the giant’s eyes, directed quite clearly, at the dull green light.

Green: “Meaningless…? To wish for life and fulfillment is ‘meaningless?’ Did you not create us, creator? If the desire to create is truly such, then why have you acted in contrast to your own statements? If you sought those who would obey you without question, why have you granted us intelligence and the ability to object? I ask you this, oh creator…”

It truly felt like these beings were far beyond the infantile standard Fate had originally set them to, and it seemed like this green light felt it too, at least in some vein. The giant’s brow furrowed further, and his eyes began to cloud with disgust.

-Hi, I just came back to some sense of normality and I’m just wondering...is this gonna end badly? I’d say that, but I don’t want the Witch...well, she already knows my thoughts...but I just don’t want to give her the satisfaction of watching me embarrass myself by questioning illusions!

‘Giant’: “...Your arrogance and contempt towards myself knows no bounds I see, then...since you’ve denied my attempts, though they have been few as I did not believe it would come to this, then I have no use for you!”

The giant angrily shouted as a maelstrom of energy, that had erupted from the gradually leaking ‘blood,’ targeted the green light, consuming its entire form as the other ‘gods’ looked on! The light of the green orb within the still raging tornado, began to fade…

Witch of Fate: “The little light, dimmer than all his siblings, now was losing what little existence had held for merely a moment...His siblings, who had not for a moment dared to question their creator, only waited for the display to be over, for their brother’s suffering to end…’

The Witch’s tone was solemn, and Fate felt this to be genuine, for even he felt it...He hadn’t even heard the voice of this entity before today, nor had he known of its existence, yet something within him empathized with it, its struggle…

Fate barely knew his own heart, but he could feel clear as day, a resounding wish that stirred within it…‘Don’t let him die…’

And, as if to answer this spur of the moment wish, despite his prayers having gone unanswered for years...a new feeling began to fill the theater, an air of mystery and darkness...With that, the green light’s glow from within the storm disappeared in a burst of black mist, leaving the three remaining ‘gods’ and their creator stunned…

However, this was only momentary, as the pained groans of the colossal figure returned, and blood began to leak faster than before, some emerging from the intact corner of the giant’s mouth.

Giant: “He has disappeared…*cough!*...you should all know now, the consequence of defying your creator, now heed my commands…*cough!*...begin my reconstruction at once!!!”

As the angry voice of the giant rang out across the void, the terrified ‘gods’ hurriedly assumed positions around their creator, muttering something that Fate couldn’t hear while a large circle began to emerge above them…

Witch of Fate: “The three who remained now believed their sibling, their own whom they had been so close to and yet unknown to, to have been completely erased...and yet, this was not to be, as their creator had made a fatal mistake, a single lapse in judgement and awareness that would cost him his life…”

The large figure of the giant and the gods, as well as the slowly manifesting construct, now grew distant almost instantly, revealing a quite dim, yet still alive, green light, however, he was not alone. There, floating in front of the ‘god’ was a strange figure.

It appeared to be a purple light, almost identically alit as the one who floated behind him, however, his shape was abnormal, constantly shifting and morphing, growing and disintegrating various appendages with every second that passed…

???: “...G-grEeting-Gs...br-rot-t-TheR…”

The voice it projected was soft, almost to the point where Fate couldn’t hear it, but its distorted tones proved to be enough to attract his interest, almost instantly…

Witch of Fate: “One who would be salvation and doom for his siblings and creator, a being whose very manifestation was a cruel joke of the fates, and the god who truly began the creation of our world…”
...

7