The Familiar of Fate: Chapter 80 – You Are Already Broken…Now Remember(2)
402 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The yellow slit seemed to slam into the edges of the eye, desperately attempting to free itself from this strange form of captivity, but to no avail. However, the slit gradually began to slide back down in the middle of the eye, as if something was binding it to the spot…

『I already told you...you’re broken. Now just sit back and remember it...exactly how you became a shell...every single detail of it!』

The unknown entity, once again imitating his voice, spoke to Fate mockingly with enthusiasm as Fate struggled to escape the confines of the eye. The occupant of the body, however, seemed to take no notice of this, continuing his walk.

-Where the f*ck am I?! I’ve already wasted too much time being stuck in my head instead of trying to escape, and now I’ve been attacked by a random...nightmare thing that seems to know that I’m a reincarnator, f*ck!!! What the hell does it mean when...wait...I know this street…!

The slit now began to examine every corner of the path, scanning every single speck of light and well-fitted brick in sight...it was a modern city! Paved roads, two and three-story buildings, an equally distanced number of lamposts, cars and people casually traversing their routes, and a chill in the air that was quite cold, but was somehow comforting as it ran across the skin of those in its embrace…

The young man took in a large breath of frosty air before exhaling slowly, letting a cold mist leak from his mouth into the world.

???: “I just can’t get enough of it, this coldness that runs through my lungs and out into the world as a breath of...hmmm, that sounds just a little redundant, and ‘coldness?’ Is that a word or did I make that up?”

-This voice, it isn’t the shapeshifter, but it’s…!

Suddenly, the sounds of seagulls and waves began to emanate from below Fate’s vision, and as the head of the young man bent, he was able to see a rectangular light emanating from the pocket of a pair of jeans. The young man quickly removed it from his pocket, revealing a smartphone, more specifically an iPhone. He tapped a small button on the bottom, causing a lock screen to come into view, allowing the young man to view several alerts from his calendar app and text messages, then he looked at the time and date before growing stiff…

???: “Oh...f*ck! I’m late!!!”

The young man quickly stuffed his phone in his pocket and dashed across the street, bumping into several people and forcing a few cars to stop as he passed, but paid them no attention! He quickly reached the entrance to an alleyway, sandwiched between a lineup of restaurants and townhouses…

However, right as he was about to dash in, he noticed something extremely peculiar, a change in the light that had once shone with a pale glow on the streets below, now began to shift to a slightly bluer hue. Fate noticed this as well, with his angle of sight now being raised with the young man’s vision, bearing witness to the glow of a sparkling, pale-blue moon…

???: “Woah, the moon changed color!? Holy crap-baskets, that’s gotta be a sign of good luck...or potentially the end of the world, if I’ve ever seen one!”

The glow of the moon only seemed to get brighter and brighter, with its glow now covering the entire visible portion of its surface! It quickly grew beyond the confines of the moon, and it only seemed to be getting bigger in Fate’s vision!

-Wait...that date on that phone...the blue light from the moon...this voice! This voice is mine...and that means…!!!

If Fate had his body right now, he’d surely be covered in beads of sweat from nervousness! He now had confirmed that the body he was trapped in his previous self’s body and that he recognized this exact scene...how could he not?

Suddenly, the pale-blue light shot down from the sky like a meteor, lighting the world around it as it poured like a laser towards Fate’s location! Fate’s original body began to quiver in fear, but was even more shocked by the next action the light took, as it seemed to bend at a corner and blasted the inside of the alleyway, sending a massive shockwave rippling outwards that sent the young man’s body hurtling onto the ground!

『Do you remember where you are now?!~ Do you finally remember that night, when the moon was overwhelmed with an otherworldly light and it struck the earth, do you?!~』

The yellow slit, within the young man’s blue eye, trembled with fear and hatred as Fate watched this event unfold…

-Of course, I remember…!!! This place is…

The young man’s eyelids suddenly closed as the vibrations and glow that penetrated his skin became even more intense!

-This... is the night I died!!!
...

4