AQSA AND ARHAN
30 10 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Oh noo, Ifraa, please save me; don't tell me it's him," she gripped both of my hands tightly, still processing the fact that her childhood crush and childhood enemy stood just behind her.

I looked behind Aqsa and saw Arhan with a very bright smile on his face, looking like a pure delinquent; he was looking at Aqsa; he was not even confused between us even after so many years; he always knew which one of us was Aqsa... I look at Aqsa and her shocked expression; I've never seen her shaken before.

"It looks like we have an admirer for our aqsa," I said to Madiha playfully.

"Really," she said with a wink to Aqsa, and we both smiled.

"Ifra doesn't joke around, please save me from him." Aqsa whispered in my ear... I can hear the request in her tone.

Before I could say anything, Arhan approached us and asked, "Hey, how are you?" "My little sister," he always calls me. And I love it because he is like a brother to me.

"I am totally fine, you say," I replied as I saw him; he really had changed so much since I last saw him.

"I am fine as long as my wife is fine," he said as he stood beside Aqsa and put his elbow on her shoulder. and wink at me. I know that wink better than anyone; that wink says he is going to start irritating the hell out of Aqsa.

"I am not your wife," Aqsa said as she got down a little and Arhan lost his balance. I giggle as I watch both of them; they are acting just like they used to act.

"And I come here to remove that "not" in your sentence." He said that, and Madiha and I giggled.

"In your dreams," Aqsa said, challengingly.

"Oh, darling, in my dreams I don't remove words from your sentences; in my dreams I have better things to remove," Arhan whispered to Aqsa. And one can see the faint hint of blush on Aqsa's face.

Arhan whispered something in Aqsa's ear, and she blushed. "It looks like she still likes him," Madiha asked me. "Of course, I never saw her blush." Just as I said this, Aqsa looked at Arhan as she remembered something and said, "If you think I will marry you, you better get up from your dreams," because that is utterly delusional, and walk away. Arhan looked at her and smiled.

"Heyy romeo I know you returned after a long absence, but don't tease her so much. "Let her enjoy our sister's engagement a little bit." I said that because I know Arhan's return shocked AQSA more than anyone else's.

"Only if you say, but don't worry, I have better plans for her throughout the whole wedding." He said this while rubbing his hands and smiling brightly, but he looked at me as if he were thinking about my advice.

"Do you really want to tease her that much?"I asked him out of curiosity.

"Oh, if you only knew..." Ifraa, I adore it. and god knows how much I miss it, how much I miss her."

"You miss teasing her?" or "you will miss her." I questioned.

"You can think of them as both..." "I miss being with her every day; all these years I have missed her a lot, and now I am finally here," he replied as he watched Aqsa, who was talking to Simraa.

"Then go and tell this to her," I said with a smile, and then we saw Simraa and Saad getting ready for their ritual.

"Hey, come on, the ritual is about to begin," Aqsa said as she approached us, her gaze fixed on me while she pretended to ignore someone else. I look toward Arhan and give him a smile, and he nods. I walked toward the stage by grabbing Madiha's arm as we left the two delinquents alone.

"Oh, how I wish I could put a ring on your finger with my name on it!" "When are you planning to get engaged with me?" Arhan said in a low voice as he touched Aqsa's fingers with his.

"Tell me now; I can't wait," he said again when Aqsa didn't reply.

"You better shut up or I'll break your jaw." Aqsa gritted her teeth angrily, upset that Arhan had left town without telling her and then abruptly stopped talking to her.

"Okay, okay," Arhan said as he held his hand up in the air as if surrendering. But then, suddenly, he held her hand and clasped his fingers with hers. The heat of his palm is touching Aqsa's soul...

"Leave it," she said, as she didn't want him to hold her hand like this. "He has no right over her anymore."

"I bet Ifra told you not to tease me today... Don't you get to warn him?

"I am not teasing you. "I missed you, and now I want to hold you." Arhan spoke solemnly, his eyes revealing the sincerity behind his words.

But Aqsa is so enraged right now that she cannot see his eyes or allow his words to penetrate the deepest parts of her heart. All she did was try to free her hand from his grip, but his grip is so strong that she couldn't even move her hand an inch, no matter how hard she tried. Even though Arhan was holding Aqsa's hand tightly, he was being careful about not hurting her, but the way she was constantly moving her hands, she would sure get hurt.

"Stop moving right now," Arhan said in a low, deep voice.

"Or what?" Aqsa replied as she was still trying to move her hand.

"Do you want to watch your sister's ritual or not, because I'd like to make you vanish from here... like I used to do when we were younger?" he threatened. and it was not even an empty thread; his eyes are reflecting that he meant it. He said, "Now let's go," after seeing that his attempt on Aqsa worked. And by holding her hand, he walked toward the stage.

"Are you really here?" Simra asked, surprisingly, as she saw Arhan. She sent him an invitation to her wedding but wasn't sure if he'd come or not, but she hoped he'd come for Aqsa.

"Only for you, big sister," Arhan said as he bowed his head in front of Simra, who smiled."No matter how much I try, I can't find this statement completely true," she replied as she moved her eyesight toward his hand, which was holding Asqa's hand possessively.

"Just as you said now, it's not entirely true," Arhan said, winking at Simraa, and they all giggled in their heads because no one dared say so in front of Aqsa.

But Aqsa already felt embarrassed, and she tried to hide their hands, but Arhan held them tightly and moved the back of his palms toward his lips and kissed them. It's not like he wants to embarrass Aqsa or appear in front of her suddenly and start loving her; it's just that he knows Aqsa is angry with him, and he wants to take everything slow, but just as he saw Aqsa for the first time after years, he can't control his emotions, and now he wants everyone to know that she is his.

When Simra saw this lovey-dovey act between Aqsa and Arhan, she gave Aqsa a wink to tease her.

"Simraa, focus on your engagement," Aqsa said, while she wanted to hide herself from everyone.

IFRAA…POV

"Where are the rings?" Saad's mom asked.

"Here, Aunty, Aunty," I said while holding the ring box in the air, but as I said it, I heard someone else say it with me. I looked up and saw the face I never wanted to see again.

That brownish red tux man is standing in front of me, and now he is definitely not wearing his brownish red tux; in fact, it is now navy blue, and he is standing beside Sad while holding his ring.

And here I am, standing right in front of him, holding Simraa's ring. His expressions haven't changed, and he still has that smug smirk on his face, and I still want to slap it off. God, why didn't he get confused between me and Aqsa? I'm not afraid of him, but I'd be very happy if he saw the back and forth between Aqsa and me with a confused expression. I change my expression quickly enough for him not to notice them and smile brightly, just like Aqsa... I swear, throughout the whole day I am not going to change this smile from my face, even if my cheeks hurt...

Saad picked up his ring from the box and held Simraa's hand. I am so glad Simra found someone like him in her life, and I believe he will keep her happy no matter what. The whole banquet erupted with applause, and rose petals were falling on them. As I was standing just behind Simra, some petals fell on me too.

Oh my god, I love roses and their smell. It looks so beautiful that I giggle like a child. And then Simra picked up her ring from the box and held Saad's hand; the same peaceful expression was on her face too. just as she put the ring on his finger. Again, the guests applaud loudly, and rose petals fall on us. Throughout, my smile was genuine; there was nothing fake about it. I look at my parents, who are happily watching Simra and Saad, and my gaze falls on Aqsa, who is standing and admiringly watching Saad and Simra, just as I saw Arhan, who is standing next to her with one hand holding Aqsa's hand and the other in his pockets. I feel happy for my family, but I can't help feeling alone. I moved my eyes to find Zayn; whenever I saw happy couples, I instantly thought of him. Maybe I can still be with him once I prove something I couldn't prove year ago, my innocence

0