AM I ATTRACTED TOWARD HIM?
23 6 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

But I can't find him. "Who are you trying to find?" I heard someone say behind me. I turned and saw Zayn's mom standing there, throwing daggers at me with just her eyesight.

"Hello Aunty, how are you?" I try to be polite. She never liked me when Zayn and I were in relationships, because she always thinks I am not up to her standards. "Oh, I am totally great, and I don't have to be worried about my son falling in love with some characterless girl. If you know what I mean," she said to me smilingly. But just as her words left her throat, I felt so humiliated... She never missed an opportunity to insult me, but I only just thought to respond to her.

"Aunty I.."

"I think you didn't hear my question earlier, did you?" she asked when I didn't respond, but that's exactly what I don't want to do because I don't want her to know I'm looking for her son.

"I asked who you were looking for—my son," she said again.

Now I am in trouble. I can't say yes to her, and I can't say no to her... And by the look she is giving me, I know she knows that I am still in love with her son.

I know she is waiting for my answer, but I don't have any. I shake my head as a no because I don't want to take anymore of her insults now, even if I had to lie for that.

"Oh, stop with this innocent act of yours, we all know you're still in love with my son, the whole town knows that, the first person you look for in this hall is my son, and you think I didn't notice."She paused as she waited for me to say anything, but I am too embarrassed to even make a sound from my throat. "Listen, if you still have plans about my son in your brain, erase them immediately, because you never deserved my son, and I can never understand how he fell in love with someone like you in the first place. Someone with no personality... who sleeps...

I can't take any more of her insults.I abruptly said "stop aunty" loud enough for others to hear... my voice is so enraged that even I can't recognise it...But contrary to my voice, a lump is forming in my chest, making it so hard for me to even breathe, and my mind is already making me aware of the tears that are taking place in my eyes.

Zayn's mom, look at all the people who are looking at us... She didn't say anything as she walked away, disgusted with me...The lump in my heart is already so heavy that I feel like even in this enormous place I can't breathe. As my eyes are already teary, I can't see anything except the exit toward the garden area. This is enough proof for me to know that no one will accept me in Zayn's life again. Even as I reach the garden, I keep running away from everyone.

Suddenly I bump into someone and trip on my dress at the same time. I shut my eyes tightly as I know that I am going to fall now, and I brace myself for the hard fall. but instead, I never touched the ground. I shut my eyes more tightly, trying to figure out why I hadn't fallen. I don't want to open my eyes. Who is holding me? What if it's someone I don't want to see?

"You finally get it."I heard a deep voice as my eyes were still shut. I realise I've heard this voice before, but where should I look for answers?I open my eyes suddenly, but all I see is blurriness; I blink many times to make the tears disappear and the view clearer., I recognise him; he is looking into my eyes; his hands are tightly around my waist securing me from falling; and my both hands are on his back as I need to hold something. He is just in his shirt, and the shirt is hugging every inch of his upper body.showing his tight and strong biceps, his broad, hard chest... To know that he is a gym freak, I don't even have to look at his body; I can feel it under my pants. But on his face he had a smirk at first, but as he saw me for a few moments, the smirk was gone and replaced with a confused look, and I was even more shocked because this person was not confused even between Aqsa and me. What made him confused now?

"Are you crying?" he asked, and I don't know why, but I feel like his voice is so low, as if he is talking to himself. But how did he come to know that I was crying? He removes one hand from my waist and puts it on my cheeks. As his hand touches my face, his hand is so cold that I flinch and close my eyes. But I felt something wet, and again I opened my eyes, more shockingly... Oh, yes, my tears...And my runny nose is enough to tell anyone that I was crying. I tried to stand up, but because his hands were still holding my waist, our heads collided so hard that we both said "Awwhh." We both rubbed our hands over our heads where we collided.

"Please leave me," I said this time, and he walked away as I stood up on my own...

"Now tell me were you crying," he asked again, looking at me from my foot to my head; at first, I thought he was still out, but I can see he isn't, so I move my hand to the opposite side and say...

"What? "No, no, I am not crying. ", when in reality I am wiping my tears from my face with the back of my head...

There's no need to turn away like that; if you forget, I'll remind you that it was only a few seconds ago."I saw your face from just a few inches away, and I can tell you are definitely crying," he said, and I shut my eyes and bit the inside of my cheeks from the inside at my stupidity because he is right... "Here, take this," he said later.Why is he still giving me his card because I didn't take it earlier? Even when he knows I am crying... how shameless he can be. I turned my face at him to look at him and to shout at him, "You...." This work just left my throat, but I saw him holding his handkerchief toward me... My expression softened as I took the handkerchief. "Wipe your tears and clean your nose." and try to lie better next time..."Your entire face appears to be crying," he said, "and what...you?"

I look at him; he heard me say it; what should I say now?I try to think, but then I remember hearing him say something too: "What were you saying about achieving something?" I asked.

He looked at me for a few seconds with a serious expression, but then a smirk fell across his face, and he took a step toward me.

"Oh, that's what I was saying, you finally accomplished your goal," he said as he stood just inches away from me...

"What goal?"

"Your goal to be in my arms is finally complete for now, right?" he said, and I look at her expression, trying to make sense of why his smirk never falls from his face even when his lips are moving, but I find his words utterly absurd.

"What, you think I did it on purpose?" I asked, blinking my eyes in confusion...

"What what??... of course, isn't that what you want since you first saw me here?" he said confidently.

"And what makes you think that?" I asked totally out of curiosity because I really want to know what makes one person think so highly of themselves.

"You've collided with me three times since I came here, which is way too much for the word coincidence," he replied... "And it's okay to admit that I'm attracted to you; I know I'm way too difficult to ignore," he continues, moving his hand toward him as he finishes his statement...

I stare at him for a few seconds, then I laugh, I laugh out loud, I laugh so hard that my eyes are closed and my stomach is aching, and I just laugh and laugh. I can't believe someone can think of themselves so highly that they saw the situation in a way that always pleases them without noticing that the situation is completely different.

I try to stop myself from laughing this much. I open my eyes and point to him, telling him how pathetically wrong he is.But by remembering his words, I can't help but laugh more.

"You think I feel attracted toward you?" I pointed my finger at him in an attempt to stop myself from laughing.

"Don't you?" he asked with some weird expression and while moving his hands to each side of his waist.

"What? no.. definitely no.. a hundred times noo," I said, still laughing and clutching my stomach.

But then I look at him, and he is looking at me with some expression I don't know, and I stop laughing and look at him as he picks up his blazer from a chair near him. He muttered something as he walked past me, but I failed to hear it clearly. I just stood there and looked at him.

0