Chapter 3 – Level up! sort of…
891 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 


Physical aspect Level up!

You have gained 2 distributable Physical Stats.

 

Physical Statistics

2

 

Level

1

 

Exp

0%

 

Strength (STR)

6

(+/-)

Endurance (END)

6

(+/-)

Agility (AGI)

9

(+/-)

Dexterity (DEX)

9

(+/-)


With another ding, the window appeared slightly off to his left this time, nice of the AI not to make them right in front of his face. Interestingly when this window had opened, his status window had closed.

So he had two stats that he could distribute into his Physical aspect only, but where should he put them? From the descriptions of his stats it seemed like the primary stat in the block, Strength, was more important or at least more effective than the ones below it, so why not put them in there? He didn’t need Dexterity or Agility right now, but endurance could be useful, especially with what the description had said about getting hurt.

He had to make a choice, and from what he could tell Strength was the most important Stat right now, with a third more Strength perhaps he would be able to stand. So he thought of the points going into Strength…

Nothing happened. He blinked a few times then lifted his hand and poked the panel on the + sign beside Strength. This time he immediately felt the change, it felt like his body rippled, starting from his chest and moving outwards, he felt better in almost every way, even breathing was easier, had he been that weak? He immediately put the second point in Strength and tried to focus on the feeling.

He closed his eyes and followed the feeling of the ripple as it passed through him, he got a vague impression of muscle and sinew before the sensation ended, it had felt like sensing the Light mana had felt, though much less concrete.

He opened his eyes and there was no new notification for Muscle Magic being unlocked, damn. Did levelling up his Physical aspect have any other effects?

He tried to open his status window with thought again, but nothing happened, he furrowed his brow. Looking to the Help window he asked, “Why can’t I control the windows with thoughts? it seems counter-intuitive to make me have to use voice command to control the Magic floating screens.”


These floating windows are made by a built-in function of the tattoo, this function casts the spell Minor Illusion to display the information in a way that it believed would draw your attention and be taken seriously by you. The tattoo can only display two windows at a time.


That didn't answer his question, it seemed to be the closest it could get to answering his question, perhaps it was the response to the predicted question, 'wtf is with these boxes!?'. As he thought about it though it was indirectly answering his question, the tattoo or the AI was casting a specific spell to create the boxes, Minor Illusion.

This time he spoke and focused on where the notification window was. "Status."

Name

Mike Sven

Age

22

Sex

Male

Height

180cm

Weight

67kg

Average Level

0

Physical Statistics

0

Level

1

Exp

0%

Strength (STR)

8

Endurance (END)

6

Agility (AGI)

9

Dexterity (DEX)

9

Mental Statistics

0

Level

0

Exp

5%

Intelligence (INT)

15

Wisdom (WIS)

11

Perception (PER)

9

Willpower (WIL)

7

Magic Statistics

0

Level

0

Exp

40%

Affinity (AFI)

16

Attunement (ATU)

6

Control (CON)

5

Resistance (RES)

6

He focused on the Magic sense and felt the light mana in the space shift similar to what he did when he created the light orb, which appears to be still there, only it had dimmed significantly.

What was the difference between Minor Illusion and Light Orb? When he shifted the light mana before he had wanted to create physical light this spell seemed to be doing something similar but different.

He reached up and swiped his hand over the status window after glancing it over, the window vanished. "Status," he said again.

Name

Mike Sven

Age

22

Sex

Male

Height

180cm

Weight

67kg

Average Level

0

Physical Statistics

0

Level

1

Exp

0%

Strength (STR)

8

Endurance (END)

6

Agility (AGI)

9

Dexterity (DEX)

9

Mental Statistics

0

Level

0

Exp

5%

Intelligence (INT)

15

Wisdom (WIS)

11

Perception (PER)

9

Willpower (WIL)

7

Magic Statistics

0

Level

0

Exp

60%

Affinity (AFI)

16

Attunement (ATU)

6

Control (CON)

5

Resistance (RES)

6

It was colour! The Minor Illusion spell turned light mana into colour! He tried to will the Light mana in front of him into a pane of solid red, nothing happened. What did the explanations window say? Did he need to use an aid to cast spells with his Control stat so low? Saying a word for light in Latin had worked before so…

“Parvus Illusio!”

The light mana shifted and there was now a floating pane of red in front of him, as it did the floating orb of light winked out. Magic, real Magic, that was still gonna take some getting used to.

Ding.


You have discovered the spell Minor Illusion!

Magic aspect Level up!

You have gained 2 distributable Magic Stats.

Magic Statistics

2

 

Level

1

 

Exp

0%

 

Affinity (AFI)

16

(+/-)

Attunement (ATU)

6

(+/-)

Control (CON)

5

(+/-)

Resistance (RES)

6

(+/-)


Yes! Well, now he had two more stat points to distribute, this time for Magic. It seemed like he should raise his control, right? Having to speak to do Magic was a pretty serious handicap, and it was his lowest Magic Stat it was his lowest stat period.

So he tried to sense the illusion that was creating the notification window and imagine it changing to have the have an extra point in Control, repeating what it felt like to cast the illusion of red that was still there.

The window flickered and there was now an extra point in control.

He didn't get that rippling sensation like he did last time, but that was altering his body, this was apparently altering his soul, and he had never felt his soul before, even with the casting of spells it felt like he was using his mind, so maybe he just didn't have the senses to feel this change.

He did it again, and the window flickered, another point in Control, and still no sensation. Maybe he needed to raise his Attunement to feel something? It was supposedly the stat for sensing Magic, whatever, more time for that later.

He once again tried to will the status to appear, this time by casting the minor illusion spell while thinking of his status…

Still nothing, apparently 7 control wasn't enough for non-verbal casting. "Status," he said this time, trying to open a third window, besides what the tattoo could sustain on its own. This time it worked, the status appearing right in front of him, between the help and Notification windows.

Name

Mike Sven

Age

22

Sex

Male

Height

180cm

Weight

67kg

Average Level

0

Physical Statistics

0

Level

1

Exp

0%

Strength (STR)

8

Endurance (END)

6

Agility (AGI)

9

Dexterity (DEX)

9

Mental Statistics

0

Level

0

Exp

15%

Intelligence (INT)

15

Wisdom (WIS)

11

Perception (PER)

9

Willpower (WIL)

7

Magic Statistics

0

Level

1

Exp

1%

Affinity (AFI)

16

Attunement (ATU)

6

Control (CON)

7

Resistance (RES)

6

He looked over the window, he was now level 1 in both physical and Magic, though he had barely gained any experience in Mental. He guessed having higher stats made it harder to gain experience, because gaining experience required strain, and he hadn't been straining much mentally yet, besides maybe his ability to cope with the impossible.

His Average Level was still 0 as well, so he probably needs to reach 1 in all of them to get it up, or perhaps just a total of three? He also didn't know what average level did. So he had levelled up… sort of.

He sighed, time to check what he had been putting off, "Quests," he said, and the help window vanished replaced by a new one.

14